D&D 5E [5E] Looking for Feedback on L12 Warforged Barb/Fighter

Kojak_3

First Post
It's looking like my campaign will be transitioning to new characters in the next couple of months, so I've been working on a replacement character, and last night I've got it, at least stat-wise, right around where I want it. I built it around a piece of character art I came across that I loved, but don't have much fluff for it other than a name and some pieces of ideas that won't become anything concrete until our GM tells us more about the setting he's cooked up. Anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback from the folks around here, both on how it's built and what sort of advancement might be good for subsequent levels.

Attachments

• Eidolon (UA+) [L12 Warforged Champion-3 Ancestral Guardian Barb-9].pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 187

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Barbarian's reckless attack, champion's extended crit range, and Great Weapon Mastery's bonus action attack on crit are a timeless trio. It's a classic because it works well and works reliably. Not much more to say on your build.

It's unclear, but you may not be able to rage with the Heavy Plating option from Warforged. i suggest talking with your DM. The UA doesn't explicitly say it counts as the armor type you need the proficiency with, but it implies it and UA haven't gone through polishing stages so details like that easily slip through the cracks between "what I mean" and "what is written down". DMs I play with count it as that armor type, and rage requires medium or lighter.

On the other hand, if your DM is good with it, go for it. He seems permissive - two rare items are a really nice haul. By the chart in the DMG (pg 38), between 11th and 16th is two uncommon items for a standard campaign. I find that chart to be a little light, someone crunched the numbers from the treasure charts and came up with a better per-level breakdown. At 12th it would those two uncommons plus a rare, plus a bunch of consumables.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-of-quot-Typical-quot-Magic-Item-Distribution

ccs

41st lv DM
Well, my usual advice on advancement is this:
Even if you have an idea of what you want to do later on, remain flexible. See how the actual game your in is developing then advance in a way that makes sense story-wise, not just "build" wise.

You're 12th lv? You definitely need to talk to your DM about the setting etc & come up with some backstory.
Because that can greatly influence how you want your character to develop later.

Just at a glance though? I doubt you have to concentrate much more on hitting/damage....

CTurbo

Explorer
Looks good. I recommend taking Res(Wis) pretty quick and then probably Ritual Caster for some good out of combat things to do.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I assume Res (Wis) just because Wis-save-based magic attacks are relatively common?

Yes and they also are the typical kinds of magic attacks that prevent you from being able to effectively attack back. Domination, fear, charm etc are typically wisdom saves.

Remove ads