• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

I will wait for others to reply to Thateous regarding returning to the palace. My plan is to wait for her to leave and then see if anyone wants to follow me as Salahuddin will not let her go alone. I will then cast invisibility on anyone who wants to go and proceed to the well. I can cast it on up to 3 others beyond myself.

Jago

Explorer
I was actually in favor of splitting the party and even sitting Salahuddin and Najiyah down to figure out this strange genie-magics-stuff that Kaniel is unsure on. Go back to the Palace for some coffee and Turkish delights and maybe get some character backstory.

Can't stop you from going invisible, but barring that, Kaniel would probably be most in favor of returning to the Palace to speak to our Sea-Mage siblings to see if their attackers match Jina's description, or just going around with the writ and making sure we have everything we need to leave first thing in the morning to the High Desert.

I was actually in favor of splitting the party and even sitting Salahuddin and Najiyah down to figure out this strange genie-magics-stuff that Kaniel is unsure on. Go back to the Palace for some coffee and Turkish delights and maybe get some character backstory.

Can't stop you from going invisible, but barring that, Kaniel would probably be most in favor of returning to the Palace to speak to our Sea-Mage siblings to see if their attackers match Jina's description, or just going around with the writ and making sure we have everything we need to leave first thing in the morning to the High Desert.

I will suggest following and see if anyone wants to go. With Easifa at the well I can keep an eye on things if you can make a convincing argument to Salahuddin to not follow.

Quickleaf

Legend
B-) Let's play?

Marshaling my list of GM resources for our game...

DRAGON #241 Roof of the World
DRAGON #268 Secrets of the Brotherhood of True Flame
DRAGON #351 Magic and Intrigue in the High Desert Tribes
DUNGEON #37 Serpents of the Sands
DUNGEON #47 The Assassin Within
DUNGEON #50 The Object of Desire
DUNGEON #51 The Last Oasis
DUNGEON #63 Blood & Fire
DUNGEON #174 Test of Fire
ALQ3 A Dozen and One Adventures
ALQ4 Secrets of the Lamp
TSR 1091 City of Delights
TSR 2601 The Eternal Boundary
NECROMANCER'S The City of Brass
Rob Kuntz's RPGA adventure "To the City of Brass"

May draw on other ALQ boxed sets as needed.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] Here are my suggestions for magic items (1 rare, 3 uncommon) for Akilah, consulting the list of DMG magic items by rarity and my own list of Playtest magic items.

Mace of disruption (DMG, rare, attunement) ...or... Dimensional shackles (DMG, rare) ...or... Gem of seeing (DMG, rare, attunement)

Armor of the desert evening (scale) (Playtest, uncommon) ...or... Aba of the desert (Playtest, uncommon)

Sentinel shield (DMG, uncommon) ...or... Eyes of the eagle (re-skinned as a veil) (DMG, uncommon, attunement)

Broom of flying (re-skinned as a rug) (DMG, uncommon) ...or... Ring of the vizier (Playtest, uncommon) ...or... Weapon of Warning (DMG, uncommon, attunement)

Thateous

Explorer
Aww Quickleaf, you put in so much effort for me. I choose my magic items a bit ago though.

Mantel of spell resistance
Bag of holding
Broom of flying  (reskined as a rug)
Boots of striding and springing

I will look into a couple of your suggested ones.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Jago

Explorer
Speaking of magic, I've gone and updated my sheet to remove the Satchel and add "Enlightenment":

Sun Blade - "Enlightenment"

The House of Nasr has watched over this elegantly simple hilt since the time of The Loregiver, supposedly a gift from The Gods themselves. Made of seemingly luminous silver, the hilt curves slightly down to the pommel which is in the shape of a raptor's head, and its guard is of two wings outstretched, feathers etched in with care. With a prayer of faith, a blade of holy sun burns to life with the cry of a hawk, the beam whooping like the mighty Golden Eagle as it carves through the air and villains alike. It is said that upon finishing their service to The Desert Mosque, the greatest heroes of Nasr will be cremated and entombed within this hilt so that any wielder may harness the power, skill, and knowledge of the faithful warriors that came before. The blade is only brought to bear when The Enlightened face true evil, and thus remained one of the sacred relics of The Desert Mosque.

Last edited:

Remove ads