• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e] QL's Al-Qadim Game

Quickleaf

Legend
Woah wait, so our other scene is just timeskipped over?

Oh, would you guys like more time just the 3 of you? We can do that too.

I tend to always be driving things forward, since I know that PbP can get slow or stall out. If I ever drive too much, feel free to reign me in. I can always save my post and delete it, so you 3 can carry on as long as you like.

Jago

Explorer
I mean, Kaniel was literally in the middle of asking questions of Najiyah and Salahuddin ... At least for my part, it did not feel that the conversation was done.

[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6866331]Foxbytes[/MENTION], maybe just a post from each of you to wrap up before moving on to the next new scene?

Quickleaf

Legend
No worries, I deleted my post. Just let me know when you guys feel complete with your current roleplaying scene?

I am trying to stay organized with a "table of contents" linking to each new framed scene (and I'm delineating scenes using found images & larger/bolder text headers). One of the issues I've found with long-term PbP games is that, well, we forget stuff and then going back and trying to find it in 100+ pages is daunting to say the least. So I am trying to provide us with a quick way to go back if we ever need to. And this also helps us figure out more exactly what's lost if there's another database crash.

I'm also content letting you guys frame scenes this way, using a similar formatting that I've been using, if you'll just mention me in the framed scene post, so I know to add it to the table of contents.

Quickleaf

Legend
Quickleaf can you clear something up for me. We have two money pools correct? The one from character creation and the writ from the Sheikh. Is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Not quite.

Starting individual equipment is as per the PHB + magic items as we already discussed.

Then there's a writ (originally it was for 50,000 gp) which you all can spend however you decide. I'm roughly tracking it in the first post of the RP thread. This writ is intended for group/expedition expenses, but some folks have also used it to purchase pricey spell components and a bit of personal gear.

And if playing Markets & Merchants isn't your cup of tea, I'm fine hand-waving it to "the writ covers reasonable travel/living expenses, just don't overdo it."

Have a weird rules question. With the find familiar spell it allows me to dismiss my familiar as an action and it will be sent to a pocket dimension. I can then use an action to have it appear within 30 ft of me. Now there is no indication if there is any range limit on the dismissal action. If there is no range limit it would allow Easifa to just teleport back to me. Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly.

Quickleaf

Legend
Have a weird rules question. With the find familiar spell it allows me to dismiss my familiar as an action and it will be sent to a pocket dimension. I can then use an action to have it appear within 30 ft of me. Now there is no indication if there is any range limit on the dismissal action. If there is no range limit it would allow Easifa to just teleport back to me. Just want to make sure I am reading this correctly.

By my reading yes. You can dismiss the familiar at any time, then resummon him at your location.

Absolutely you can do that. That's definitely the intent of the rules.

That was my reading as well but wanted to get GM approval before I went and did this.

edit: and there is the approval. So assume that that is what I do when Akilah and Amina disappear.

Jago

Explorer
Aaaaand I think our scene wrapped up rather nicely to take us back to the Palace. Very nice roleplay, Vlad and Foxbytes ^_^

Remove ads