D&D 5E [5E][Recruitment]Lost Mine of Phandelver [FULL]

Forged Fury

First Post
^ If it helps, if I get selected, I'm planning on MCing to Rogue next level with my ranger. She'll be a bit of a mix, but more ranged rogue than anything else.

hafrogman

Adventurer
And with the criminal background and a high dex, Keira can sneak, find/disable traps, pick locks, (when I can find/buy a set of theives' tools) etc.
She basically is a rogue, just of a different type.

Egon

First Post
^ If it helps, if I get selected, I'm planning on MCing to Rogue next level with my ranger. She'll be a bit of a mix, but more ranged rogue than anything else.

I'm not saying that we need a Rogue or a Cleric; I'm just pointing out the current lack thereof. Which, again, is no big deal. With MC in 301 XP and the ability to tweak the adventure to the group we have, neither of these missing right now is going to do any irreparable harm to the game.

And so everyone is aware: I've read through the Ranger variant in UA. While the Ranger isn't my favorite class, it's not one that I am overly familiar with or have played extensively in my time. With previous incarnations needing dice rolls from the gods, I never got lucky enough to play one. And it's stuck through to this edition where I haven't tried one yet. So with that said, if someone wants to MC into the variant Ranger, or if Forged Fury wants to tweak his character to use the new variant Ranger, I'm all for it. I know a lot of people have come out and said that they don't like it, but I'd rather hold judgement on that for myself until I've seen it in action and had it play-tested in any game I'm in.

Forged Fury

First Post
Thanks for the option. I've read through it and would probably benefit from it, but I'm not sure I really want to try to playtest it in a PbP. There are certainly some attractive things about it (no wasteful Medium armor proficiency I'll never use and Ambuscade is kind of insane), but some of the rules are iffy at best. I'm still trying to figure out how a concentration-based spirit companion keeps fighting when you're unconscious.

I'll just stick with the PHB Ranger since I've never played one of those either.

ETA: Unless people really want to see how it plays. I'd be willing to do it for (RPG) science.

Skarsgard

Explorer
I am a little dubious about the Ranger variant and whilst I would like to see it, I am always in favour of a person playing what they want. Don't feel the need to muck around with it on our account. :)

Egon

First Post
I am a little dubious about the Ranger variant and whilst I would like to see it, I am always in favour of a person playing what they want. Don't feel the need to muck around with it on our account. :)

Agreed. I just wanted to let you guys know it's available, and I'd anyone wanted to play it, we'll, is out there.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ah, it seems the fifth spot is still available. :) I would like to join, although it wouldn't be until at least tomorrow before I can finish a character. Considering a dwarf, either a monk or a wizard, perhaps rogue or warlock. (So many ideas! :p )

Queenie

Queen of Everything
If you end up with spots open, both Fenris and I were in a Lost Mine game that went kaput early on and we're both interested in finding out what happens. I've got an elven rogue done and he's got an elven... I've forgotten. Another rogue or ranger maybe? Anyhoo, even if you play for a bit and find people drop out, we've made it through some of the journey but not too far, so we could jump in. I won't post the characters and muck up your thread until you've got a spot or two available. Thanks! :)

Remove ads