D&D 5E [5E][Recruitment]Lost Mine of Phandelver [FULL]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey there,

I'd also be interested with a straight up human noble fighter. I haven't posted him because [MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION] bowed out of another game so I could play, and I therefore didn't want to take her spot.
I'd gladly sign up as an alternate.
Cheers,

SG

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Bah. Don't hold back on my account. I keep trying to get in to a game, but keep forgetting I just don't have the time to sit down and make a character. :p

Egon

First Post
While we are waiting for someone to put forth the 5th member of the group, I have a question I'd like to ask everyone. It's about Communities.

I've seen OOC threads here in Talking the Talk, and the IC threads in Playing the Game. Is there a rule on the boards that prevents one from creating a Community and having all threads - rules, ooc, ic, etc. - contained therein? Is there a point to either having or not having a Community that is eluding me?

hafrogman

Adventurer
While we are waiting for someone to put forth the 5th member of the group, I have a question I'd like to ask everyone. It's about Communities.

I've seen OOC threads here in Talking the Talk, and the IC threads in Playing the Game. Is there a rule on the boards that prevents one from creating a Community and having all threads - rules, ooc, ic, etc. - contained therein? Is there a point to either having or not having a Community that is eluding me?
There's no rule, just tradition. The PbP forum breakdown predates the communities feature.

But as far as general usability, I'd think the primary benefit of using the existing structure is for people in multiple games. If this game is your only game, then you only need to check one community to see all updates. If you're in multiple games then two categories, Talking and Playing, will cover all your updates instead of checking a community for each.

Not a large issue, to be sure. So ultimately, DM choice.

Forged Fury

First Post
Does the community actually remove the threads from the listing in Talk and Play? If that's the case, maybe not a great idea, although I would prefer to have the RG in a Community rather than burying it in the Character Design forum.

Egon

First Post
Does the community actually remove the threads from the listing in Talk and Play? If that's the case, maybe not a great idea, although I would prefer to have the RG in a Community rather than burying it in the Character Design forum.

See, that's what I was thinking exactly. House Rules, rule clarifications, maps...I'd like all that kind of stuff in one easy-to-find spot instead of buried in an OOC thread in the Talk section. We might end up using a bit of both, really - Community for maps and rules, talk/play for the game threads themselves.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I've been in a few communities. Basically, yes, it's a place to gather OOC info, character sheets, house rules, maps, etc. For ease of finding everything. I have never had the actual game thread in there, though. If you look under my pic you can see two communities I'm in. I would highly recommend checking out Spell & Crossbones to see what a fabulous community looks like!

Remove ads