• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Warlord Demand Poll

How much demand is there for a dedicated warlord class??

• I am a player/DM of 5e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 61 26.3%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and would like a dedicated warlord class

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with WotC's current offerings for a warlord-esque class

Votes: 67 28.9%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and am satisfied with the current 3rd party offerings for a warlord class

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I am a player/DM of 5e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 94 40.5%
  • I am a player/DM of 4e and I don't care whether WotC designs a warlord class for 5e

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussar

Legend
/snip

We've already repeatedly discussed how EN World in particular seems to be the hotbed of Warlord fanaticism. /snip

Oh, we're back to this again? I'm a "fanatic" for arguing that we should have a warlord in the game? Sigh. I wonder if you'll get called out for your hyperbole. I highly suspect not. :/

Corwin

Explorer
Oh, we're back to this again? I'm a "fanatic" for arguing that we should have a warlord in the game?
At this point? Maybe, yeah.

Sigh. I wonder if you'll get called out for your hyperbole. I highly suspect not. :/
Hyperbole? Is that really what passes for hyperbole these days? Or you could maybe grow a bit thicker internet skin and not take such cartoonish offense to every little choice of words. Yeesh. Dramaqueenmuch?

Last edited:

Eubani

Legend
Oh, we're back to this again? I'm a "fanatic" for arguing that we should have a warlord in the game? Sigh. I wonder if you'll get called out for your hyperbole. I highly suspect not. :/
If you can't beat them then label them. After all if you cannot defeat an argument reduce it's worth by reducing the validity of it's author.

Corwin

Explorer
I mean, if you apply the 3pp thing, you just hit a slippery slope.
Funny you should mention a fallacy like slippery slope. Because your post is, itself, a false dilemma fallacy. Neat!

We don't need psionics, just use a 3PP one
Are there any good ones? I honestly don't know. I'd be interested in checking some out if you know of any.

We don't need Ebberon, just use a 3PP one
You can already play Ebberon using 5e. I know plenty of people already doing so and having a blast.

We don't need Planescape, just use a 3PP one
See my Ebberon comment above. Ditto here.

We don't need any updated monsters, just use a 3PP one
I dunno. I use the heck out of my Tomb of Beasts. I love that book!

We don't need adventures, just use a 3PP one
Can't we do both?

Why have any books in that case? Why desire anything when a 3PP or homebrew can provide?
More of the same fallacy I pointed out above. Not a good sign of someone trying to make an honest point.

Sacrosanct

Legend

Why have any books in that case? Why desire anything when a 3PP or homebrew can provide?

Ebberon WAS a fan created 3PP submission. Just so you know.

Corwin

Explorer
If you can't beat them then label them. After all if you cannot defeat an argument reduce it's worth by reducing the validity of it's author.
If you are still in the warlord or bust fight, and you don't consider yourself a fan, why are you in it? I'm a fan of a great many things in 5e. I'm not ashamed to admit that. Odd that some of you act ashamed to admit your warlord fandom.

Eubani

Legend
If you are still in the warlord or bust fight, and you don't consider yourself a fan, why are you in it? I'm a fan of a great many things in 5e. I'm not ashamed to admit that. Odd that some of you act ashamed to admit your warlord fandom.
There is a long road between fan and fanatic and lets ignore the logic gymnastics you used to get there you will forgive me if I cannot credit you for much integrity in this conversation at this point.

Well, yeah. Exactly.

WotC doesn't NEED to do anything. They don't need to do content for the sake of content and filling every little niche in imagination. They can leave that to other publishers and make the content that they want to make. That only they can make. Such as a book on the Sword Coast (their IP/ setting that other authors can't get into stores) and a book on D&D versions of classic monsters (also including their IP). They don't need to make a Monster Manual 2 or a Fiend Folio just because people need higher level opponents and more bad guys. They can leave that to the Tome of Beasts.

Last edited:

The thing is, and this was the point I was making to [MENTION=37579]Jester David[/MENTION], saying that we should be content with 3pp is kinda pointless. We've had 3pp warlords for TWO YEARS. If people were content with that, then we wouldn't have these threads.
The point is that you've been doing this for TWO YEARS and it hasn't done anything. Because WotC isn't going to pay attention to a few dozen posters on a message board.
You've done this for two years and there's no warlord coming for the fall book. Do you really think doing it for two more is going to have any more of an impact?

My point is that you can either be slightly happy or miserable. You can look through the 3PP options, find the one you like least, and make do. Get that partial happy. Or you can bitch to strangers online and get irate.
By continuing this conversation you've effectively said that you'd rather be unhappy. That your happiness and playing a character you want is less important than arguing online.

If you *really* want a warlord class then you're just going to have to do something different. Because this tactic hasn't worked so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads