D&D 5E [5E] YP: Sunless Citadel

What Adventure should I run for my next PbP Campaign?

• Lost Mine of Phandelver

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunless Citadel

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other WotC Adventure Path

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

DeJoker

First Post
Awesome sauce okay Charwoman Gene I have one other approval item for the character that I need to run by you. This character is mainly a Rogue due to life style of growing up (which will be evident with the backstory) and thus has never been associated with a Thieves Guild -- the previous GM allowed me to swap Thieves Cant for the Cantrip Prestidigitation because they agreed the character would not necessarily know Thieves Cant and Prestidigitation would be a good way to reflect that the character is a Wizard's Apprentice and therefore gives a smoother pathway for them to take Wizard upon obtaining 2nd Level. Would you be okay with that as well? Other than that he is a normal 1st level Rogue and will be a Wizard upon obtaining 2nd level (assuming the goblins do not eat him first ;))

Also Charwoman Gene where do you want me to post the full character? I am rather new to this site, although not at all new to PbP, so not sure where those get placed.

So EarlyBird now that we (our characters) know each other how do you think we met -- (readers digest version) Born a Deep Gnome in a Deep Gnome city, Zath'ras went on a raiding party in a Wizards tower in the mountains, The raiding party got zapped for trying to steal treasure, Zath'ras having got separated because he found the library and got lost in the books got caught trying to walk off with Wizard 101 book, Instead of killing him the Wizard offer him the chance to be an Apprentice, Zath'ras accepted and spent a lot of time doing menial tasks and stuff and then eventually learning the rudiments of being a Wizard (Background : Sage - Alchemist/Wizards Apprentice), the Wizard then sent his current apprentice on a mission to get some information and that leads us to where we are today. The full background is of course more colorful but that is it in a nutshell for perhaps figuring out how to mesh our characters. By they way had a thought my character is focused on Alchemy and if you wanted to be a better healer you could pick up Cooking and/or Herbalism proficiency both of those allow you to produce minor healing items Cooking allows you to make 1 hit point food items and herbalism lets you make the healing potion -- Cooking of course is the easier cheaper one and might be worth picking up first then Herbalism but if you do not want to take Cooking let me know an I will see if I can incorporate that into my character some how -- either that or I will pick up in-game later on because Cooking is similar to Alchemy well Brewing is more similar but you cannot make a drink that restores 1 hit point currently but maybe the GM would allow that -- use Brewing (like Cooking) to make little 1 Hit Point elixers (potions)

And hi there Thateous, Circle of Land is good what kind of background did you go with.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Maybe my character was contacted after your Master Wizard caught a disease of some sort. Other healers to scared to work on him and I needed more experience "in the field". When he heard this he hired me to accompany you on the first trek to help bring you back alive.

Needless to say my skills did the job or the lucky cure all herb I had actually. And now I have another exciting assignment.

I was thinking orator/poetic type bard. He inspires with big words and technical terms. Everyone thinking hey he's smart we may just get out of this yet.

Being captured by goblins sounds like it sucks, but maybe some heroes will come along. Until then he will study their behavior.

DeJoker

First Post
Okay granted my Mentor would be a Wizard but that does not mean he could not have a hand in your education as well (Hogwarts ;)). Perhaps you are one of his sons, or nephew or you simply came to him for instruction and guidance in using magic. I think if he were truly sick that a more high powered cleric would probably come to his aid so it would be best to focus on why a pre-1st level scholarly bard might come to him. Otherwise perhaps there is a town nearby and I met you at a tavern there or bookstore or some such on some of my trips there for my mentor

Yeah Zath'ras might not even view it as being a prisoner but a field trip and a chance to study the natural behavior patterns of the goblin race first hand ;)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sure I can be a nephew it matters little when in a dungeon. Can't call on Uncle Snape deep in the belly of the Sunless Citadel. Might come in for some good RP between adventures though, so anything is possible.

I will work on the mechanics of my character this afternoon, have them up before the end of the day.

DeJoker

First Post
Up where ?? I am not sure where we are supposed to post it and/or what that is supposed to look like do you? Or do you know where that might be explained?

EarlyBird

Explorer
The Doctor is in (please deposit $.05)

Davonshaw.jpg

[sblock=Dr. Davonshaw]
Race: Human (variant)
Class/Level: Bard 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (human)
Init: +2
Speed: 30ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 11
Languages Common, Draconic, Celestial
Background: Hermit
Ispiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 08 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 12 (+1), Int 13 (+1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 16 (+3)

AC: 13 (leather, dex)
HP: 09 (1d8 +1)
Prof. Bonus +2
Proficiencies: Light armor, all simple weapons plus hand crossbow, longsword, rapier, and shortswords
Tools: Herbalist kit, Flute, Lyre, Delcimer Drum
Feats: Healer
Saves: CHA +5, DEX +4
Special Defenses: none

Combat:
MELEE: dagger +4 Attack, 1d4+2 piercing, (light, finesee, range:20/60)

Skills:
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+1 (wis) Animal Handling
+3 (int) Arcana*
-1 (str) Athletics
+3 (cha) Deception
+3 (int) History*
+1 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+3 (int) Investigation*
+3 (wis) Medicine*
+3 (int) Nature*
+1 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+3 (cha) Persuasion
+3 (int) Religion*
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+1 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
+1 DEX, +1 CHA
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Bonus Skill: Player's choice
Bonus Feat: Player's choice
Languages: Common, plus one

Hermit:
Skills: Medicine and Religion
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Languages: One additional
Feature: Discovery - Through long studies of old Celestian text, Dr. Davonshaw learned how the human body works. The works were written by priests as they communed with other worldly powers about the secerts of life. He now has a thoery of how anatomy helps with the healing process that knowing how the bosy heals itself will lead to greater healing of spells and potions.

Bard:
-Bardic Inspiration(d6): 3/long rest
-Target one creature (other than yourself), within 60 feet, and use a bonus action (on your turn) to give them one Bardic Inspiration die.
-Once within the next 10 minutes they may roll the die and add the result to one ability check, attack roll, or save.
-A creature may have only one Bardic Dice at a time.
-The Bardic Dice may be rolled after rolling the check/attack, but must be rolled before knowing if the current result succeeds or fails.
-Once used the die is lost, whether a success or failure.
-Spellcasting:
-Cantrips: dancing lights, mending
-Spells Known: healing word, sleep, heroism, unseen servant
-Spell save DC13
-Spell attack +5
-Ritual Casting
-Spellcasting Focus: musical instrument

Combat Gear:
Leather armor
daggers (x2)

Other Gear:
flute
scrollcase - full of notes
winter blanket
common clothes
herbalist kit
healer's kit
Backpack
-bedroll
-2 costumes
-5 candles
-5 days of rations
-waterskin
-disguise kit

Treasure:
GP: 00 SP: 00 CP: 00

Carrying Capacity: 120 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 240 lbs
Climb: 15' Swim: 15'
Long Jump: 8' & 4'
High Jump: 2' & 1'
Hold Breath: 2 minutes

Personality:
Trait: I'm confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidience in others.
Trait: If somoone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.
Ideal: The world is in need of new ideas and bold action.
Bond: I will do anything to prove myself superior to my hated rival. (Dr. Juila Whitegill)
Flaw: I'd risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.
Flaw: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.

Sex: Male
Height: 6'-0"
Weight: 182lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown, worn long as he hasn't had time to cut it
Facial Haor: beard clipped close due to it getting in the way
Eye Color: dark blue, almost black
Skin Tone: pale from months spent indoors/underground
Scars/Tattoos: small scar on hand due to scalpel cut in his early practicing
Description: Davonshaw is a handsome man, but rarely cleans himself up enough to show it. He has blood on his clothes almost constantly and the smell of decay and death follow him. His nose in a book either reading or drawing anatomy lead to him not being the life of the party.

Notes:[/sblock]

Still working on background with DeJoker, needless to say it will end with him captured by goblins in The Sunless Citadel.

DeJoker

First Post
Hey EarlyBird how do you get a picture inserted into a post -- I see the BBCode reference but not sure how to translate the picture into that numeric value?

EarlyBird

Explorer
I don't do anything so fancy
I click the tree icon "Insert Image" and then find a file on my computer to upload.

Half the fun I am having in PBP is goggling all the cool art out there.

Remove ads