D&D 5E [5E] YP: Sunless Citadel

What Adventure should I run for my next PbP Campaign?

• Lost Mine of Phandelver

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunless Citadel

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other WotC Adventure Path

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

DeJoker

First Post
Hi Charwoman Gene is there any particular class / race / background that you would like to see -- or can you outline what the group of characters looks like?

DeJoker

First Post
Nice to hear from you.

So I could make a Rogue-Wizard character if you like ;) that would be rather fun to play -- how does that sound ? Granted he would most likely start as a Rogue. Now it just so happens I even have character of that type already completed whose background would only need to be tweaked to fit the world you are running -- that is assuming you would be okay with a Deep Gnome PC race from the EE books. I even think he was created using the standard 27 point buy but if not that would be no issue to implement.

However if you or your players would like to see something else just let me know. It is more important to me to inject a character that enhances the game than it is to play something I might come up with because as odd as it might sound a character that helps to enhance the game in a way that makes it more fun for everyone is the kind of character I would most like to play.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Also posting interest as you are at 1st lvl (or at least my character would be should I be allowed in). I would like to play a bard (college of lore) so he could cast fireballs eventually and would double as support healer for the three warrior types you already have in the group.

DeJoker

First Post
I am pretty sure that the paladin and the druid are both considered healers even if its a Path of Moon druid -- not that they might not need another healer, as you can never have too many, just thought I would share that item with you. :) Oh and hi -- and I got the worm ;) (which is not to be confused with me saying I am in the game cuz I do not know that as of yet and besides it says 1 or 2 so we both might get in -- just playing off the your handle and the fact that I posted before you)

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hello,

I was thinking of the healing during combat. I don't know their builds but if they are wasting actions healing instead of hitting things, then a group could be in trouble. But a bard should either be inspiring or healing in between bashing things. My main curing was looking at getting Mass Healing Word at lvl 6, so not a great healer to start, but he'll get there.

DeJoker

First Post
How familiar are you with D&D 5e - I ask because there is a 1st level healing spell that you can do as a Bonus Action while fighting in combat and I know the Druid has it and I think the Paladin as something similar as well. Again just sharing that with you. Oh and I am sure the Bard-Lore will be a welcome addition for if I understood correctly it is considered one the strongest class choices out there. I was considering playing a storyteller, rather than a musician, version of that class once but went a different route because the party needed a cleric.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Not to familiar, but I think healing word is a bonus action to cast. Bards, Clerics, and Druids all get it along with cure wounds. I was thinking the inspiration dice would help the three warrior types, and your rogue/trickster. Nothing would beat a full Life cleric for pure healing during combat but I was thinking of playing a professor type character or doctor and taking human, variant with the Healer feat.

00_doctor.png Reaching into his bag the bard pulls out a small vial. "Here take this it may help."

"What is it?" You ask. "A complex distillation of animal blood, pond water, and old ale. Trust me I'm a doctor."

DeJoker

First Post
Nice yeah the Rogue part would walk the Trickster path but he would have a Wizard side as part of his background is Wizards Apprentice but that is assuming Charwoman Gene is okay with the Deep Gnome PC race from EE ... hey if she is since your character seems to be scholarly in a way want to perhaps meld our backgrounds some and start off as friends that know each other? Again assuming Charwoman Gene is okay with us doing that?

Oh and might I suggest a storyteller/philosophist/poeticist/etc... as opposed to a musician basically instead of playing/singing a song you use eloquent words and insights to inspire others. Seems like it might fit that picture concept a bit more.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay the world I'm running isn't that complex. It's just really running through a few disconnected adventures, and I'll be sprinkling in some hooks for the next one. Anyone still around who wants to make the jump to the new adventure will, and we'll recruit back up to 5.

Deep Gnomes are fine. Knowing each other would make sense. I'd basically have you be two adventurers who heard of the legendary "Sunless Citadel" and were investigating when you were overwhelmed by goblins. You've been their prisoners for several weeks.

Remove ads