• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

5th Level Gestalt for a PbP Game

Gray Lensman

Explorer
I wanna play a support role (not bardish/roguish)

I do still want to be as versatile as possible with full BAB and as much spell casting as I can get.

All 6 players are supposed build 5th level Gestalt PCs but NOT talk back and forth during Chargen. SO, we show up not knowing what everyone else is bringing to the table.

I was thinking of a Duskblade/Druid Combo, BAB, Armor, Arcane and Druid Spells, Wildshape, what's not to love.

EDIT: No, we have no idea what the campaign is gonna be like, that's a secret too! :hmm:

Last edited:

Rampant

First Post
Well the way I see it druid-paladin might be the best if you can get your hands on glass steel or dark wood to make your armor.

Use the druid companion on a sneaky animal to act as your scout, several druid spells like call lightning, and shilleleigh work great with the paladin in combat, your paladin mount gives you another animal to buff (and remember both get share spells, and I don't think the ability cares which class you cast from). Furthermore you don't suffer too much extra MAD.

If you do this consider alternative features to wild shape, but even if you do end up wild shaping it just make your buffs even more efficient.

Paladin-cleric doesn't provide much skill support, but the MAD doesn't increase much at all.

Dusk-blade druid would work as well, It's just a bit heavier on the MAD, and not as abusable as paladin-druid.

parinho7

First Post
i'd say rogue-cleric, as for the BAB there is divine power.

bard-paladin also makes a good combination.

and nothing beats a wizard-warblade:p

Well the way I see it druid-paladin might be the best if you can get your hands on glass steel or dark wood to make your armor.
this combination is not possible if alignment restrictions apply. paladin must be LG (or CG, LE, CE if alternate classes are used) and druid must be neutral.

Rampant

First Post
Oh right sorry, My DMs used to love FR games so I'm used to having all sorts of weird sects that can fiddle with alignment.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
What books allowed?

These Are the Books I have, Plus whatever I can glean from the web
PHB 3.5
PHB II
MM I
DMG
Comp Divine, Arcane, Adventurer, Warrior, Scoundrel
Eldritch Might I, II, III
Races of Destiny, Stone and Wild and Races of the Dragon
Savage Species