6 Eagle Down (Judge : Garyh)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Mri'Thas quickly casts a spell, and from the center of his open palm, a ray of icy air shoots towards Rinch, freezing him to death.
"May your soul shatters as will your carcase, fiend."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Ray of Frost vs Rinch: 21 vs ref, hit for 10 dmg,-5 for res, still does enough damage to kill him.
Move: to V17[/sblock]

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
[sblock=Curse]Yeah, I did forget to curse. Too bad since it would have done max from the crit. Oh well, you already rolled yours so I'll just curse the zombie. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Rinch's eye widen incredulously as he comtemplate Soldier's axe, embeddened through his chest. He gives Montroya a last baleful look and suddenly a powerful blast of dark energy explodes from his body and throws the whole battlefield to the ground.

Ears are ringing and bleeding, hands are shaking and nausea grips the heroes. They struggle to their feet but they are greeted by an eerie calm. The emissary has fled and the two last zombies had fallen lifelesss to the ground. Rinch's cadaver reamain, an omnious and evil presence but thankfully inert.

This is... victory.

[sblock=Explosion]Of course the explosion damages many of you. But it's irrelevant, the fight is over. Here, just for fun:

vs for, 1:Sol 2:Kama 3:Mont 4:7 rab 5:Tsi 6:And (1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=25, 1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=25)

Pretty good, huh?

Wish that I could roll like that when it mattered. Oh, my silly Zombie Hulk could have reduced Soldier to a pulp...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Montroya]
Yup. Ritual time. Pretty it up as you see fit.
[/sblock]

7 Rabbit looks wildly around for his brother and sees his inert body on the ground...

[sblock=6 Eagle - 7 Rabbit]
Of course, I wouldn't kill your brother on a whim... How he fares is entirely up to you. You can just decide or even make a heal DC check and basically flip a coin!

As far as I am concerned, he is still amnesiac and simple minded if he survives but if you have other ideas, it's your background.

I may pick this thread back up at some point in the future, I am not yet sure (I want to take a short break from DMIng; in the last strecth my enthusiasm had dimmed and I don't want to burn out.
[/sblock]

Soldier watches his axe incredulously. It has been broken by the power of the explosion and a large chunk of one of the twin-crescents that formed the formerly symmetrical axe has been shattered and blown away. But it glows weirdly. It seems to have absorbed some of the energy from that magical blast.

[sblock=Axe]
Tadaa. It is now light enough to be a waraxe; One side has the intact crescent blade while the other is broken; there is enough left to function as a spike.

I think it would be wicked to draw.

Also, the axe is now +2
[/sblock]

As the adventures dust themselves off a sudden flash of light from the teleportation circle shock them back into defensive posture. They are surprised to see a full squadron of githyanki appear on the scene. They are led by a familiar face; Pardhun.

The former prisoner, now wearing proudly his arms and armor, he steps forward and surveys the battlefield appreciatively.

He walks toward the heroes.

-''I am impressed. I didn't think you'd survive the flood, much less defeat these villains and bring down the asylum. I am impressed but also embarassed; it makes it rather difficult for me to gain a satisfying revenge...''

He walks with determination toward Kama'Zer. He seems so focused that several of the warlord's ally are alarmed.

-''You are the leader.'' Pard'hun states. Of course she is the leader; she is the only heavily armed gith; she has to be!

He deliberately draw his longsword and hands it to Kama'Zer, hilt first.

-''You have accomplished my vengeance, you deserve my weapon. I will have to earn another silver sword for myself.''

He makes a short formal bow and then turns away.

-''Wait! This woman, with the dagger... is she...'' suddenly says one of the enlisted man.

-''No. You are mistaken. We go now.'' Pard'hun replies.

He signals his troops and they all touch their amulets and disappear from sight without any further words.

[sblock=Kama'Zer]
And there you go. +2 silver longsword.
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP, treasure, wrap-up...[/sblock]
The reason I was so late with this update was that I was torturing myself over maybe improvising and making the fight tougher by morphing Rinch into something else and how to best do it...

I finally, just about half an hour ago, opted not to do it after much soul searching. Such fudging is just not my style. You kicked the encounter's ass fair and square. Let's leave it at that.

Go ahead and chat it up, tomorrow I will sit down and crunch numbers, figuring final XP values, who needs how much treasure for this to be fair and so on.
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
Head still ringing from the impact, Andrec slowly sits up and looks around, watching the strange soldiers come and the go. Once they are gone, his gaze sweeps across the battlefield, checking the health of friend and foe. Once he notices Rinch, a great sense of urgency is remembered.
Shaking off the effects of the blast, he leaps up, grabbing his sword from where it lay. Rushing to the corpse, he drags Rinch out into the grass and lays the body face-up with the limbs spread out and the eyes closed. Standing over the corpse, Andrec uses his sword to inscribe a circle around the corpse, calling out to his allies. "Montroya! Get up! Jarel-Karn, we still have work to do!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer weathers the explosion following Rinch's death. Picking herself up off the ground, she is barely standing again before Pardhun reappears followed by his cadre. There is a moment of tenseness as she worries about another fight starting so soon on the heels of the last. When the Githyanki draws his silver longsword and hands it to her hilt first, Kama'zer is taken aback for a moment. Recovering quickly, she accepts the blade with honor. Holding one hand under the hilt and the other beneath the blade itself, she raises the sword and bows her head till her forehead touches the blade for a moment. With a crackle of psychic energy, she bonds with the weapon as only a Githyanki can.

Raising her head, she bows slightly to Pardhun and says "I thank you for the honor. Fare thee well." She watches the Githyanki depart and then wonders at Andrec's sudden burst of action.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"YESSS!" 7 Rabbit cheers reflexively as Rinch falls. A few moments later he remembers his brother and looks around frantically, at last spotting him lying unmoving amid the carnage.

[sblock=Magari]

"Oh, no! No! I was supposed to get you safe..."

[/sblock]

He rushes over to kneel by the body...

[sblock=OOC]
Hooray!

Great battle, sorry the rolls were so against you.

I don't have the time to put a lot of thought into my post right now, so I'll leave it there until I have time to give it the attention it deserves for such an emotional scene...
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
"Oooh, wicked!" Soldier exclaims gleefully about the axe

[sblock=OOC-DM MAL]
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR A GREAT ADVENTURE!

Has the enchantment also changed as I requested/asked/begged to the frost fury waraxe enchantment? I say that was more important part of the request and even reverting the enchantment back to +1 is ok by me for that

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Those bastards!" says Jarel-karn, kicking the remains "I'm happy we didn't meet them earlier. I find them as annoying as the spider zombies." He then sheet his sword and walk up to the group. "I seems to have miss the party while I was playing with my two new friends." He then looks at Rinch corpse. "Let's get rid of him, once and for all!"

He then turns to the nearest face, which is Soldier. "I hope you can handle your wounded for the moment. We have to banish Rinch's soul immediately before he is allowed to return to life. He has done too much harm already."

elecgraystone

First Post
Ts'iri is staggered by the blast but is happy none the less. "Good riddance you bastard." Ts'iri was about to blast him a few more times for good measure when the others start talking about a ritual. "So that's his trick..."

When the Gith show up, Ts'iri stays quiet until the enlisted man looks at her and speaks. Ts'iri's 'sister' opens her eye and speaks. "You don't know what you're talking about boy. Run along before I get angry." The eye burns with a red fire and gives the man a baleful glare until the Gith leave.

[sblock=OOC-DM MAL]Great adventure!
[/sblock]

Remove ads