1228 + 216 = 1444 XP

45/365 * 2000 = 247 XP
1228 + 247 = 1475 XP

So:

Montroya, Jarel and Andrec earns 1392 XP

Soldier earns 1413 XP

7 Rabbit, Tsi'ri, Mri'Thas and Callen earns 1444 XP

Kama'Zer earns 1475 XP

Unless some rule passed to double time XP? I didn't keep close track.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]Psych! Hum, I mean it'll take some more number crunching. ;)

Forthcoming, but probably not tonight. Movies to see, places to be.

What, you say some DMs plan it in advance? Who are those lunatics?

Gotta say though I am quite proud of having worked that silver longsword so it made perfect sense storywise. It was the only piece of loot I knew from the start was going to be in and the reason why Kama'Zer got squat until right now (It's very expensive for your levels!)

EDIT: Oh, and yes, Soldier's aze is now frost fury. It even makes sense, given Rinch's nature.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Kama'Zer earns 1475 XP
Yay! :D

Gotta say though I am quite proud of having worked that silver longsword so it made perfect sense storywise. It was the only piece of loot I knew from the start was going to be in and the reason why Kama'Zer got squat until right now (It's very expensive for your levels!)
Double Yay! And totally worth it to get nothing up to now or even nothing else for a little bit after now, in exchange for getting that sword. Especially having it worked into the plot in such a fashion that it makes total sense! Kudos to you Mal and thanks for an awesome adventure! And an added thanks for your 'Malenkirk Rules' for PBP combat encounters. I'm using them in my games now and its much easier to DM. :cool:[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya sits up, still dazed from the blast. Hearing Andrec call him, the deva remembers his duty. Half crawling, half running to the body, the deva begins pulling items from his pack. A set of incense, several candles, a prayerbook, and a small bottle, filled with golden light.

The deva kneels over the body, beginning to read from the prayerbook. The words come easy, even though he has yet to read much of the book. The deva lights the incense, inhaling their delicate perfumes and exhaling the smoke over the body. Montroya takes the vial of golden light, and opens it. The light radiates out of the bottle, covering Rinch's form.
"It is done..." the invoker says, obviously weak from the exertion of the ritual. The deva's voice becomes scratchy, "I..can't...control...what...is... inside... of... me..." Long black and white fur sprouts over his body, his eyes become that of a feline, and long claws emerge from his hands as they slash out in primal fury at the body of Rinch. The humanoid/tiger/deva collapses after the attack. Just as quickly, he transforms back into the normal form of a deva.

[sblock=ooc]Level! Yes! Great adventure Mal. The ending especially was great. If you are having problems with treasure for me, I'd suggest a staff of some sort. With me taking the druid MC feat, it's the one implement they have in common.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Loot]
Jumping ahead a bit, most of the additional loot beside what you have already got will be found by thoroughly searching (one of) Rinch's lair, on the other side of the teleportation circle.

Will edit as I go along. I tweaked my method for expediency.

Soldier:

Looks like he is all set. 3 full completed level +57% of level 4 means you should have amassed 4561 gp of wealth in his entire career so far.

Frost Fury war axe +2 is worth 3400gp and the mithral plate +1 is worth 520gp so this adventure alone goes a long way...

Let's add 250gp, because everyone should have liquidities.

Kama'Zer:

Completed 4 full level and 91% of a fifth: should have amassed 7992gp for his entire career.

The Gith Silver Sword alone is worth 4200gp. I counted roughly 3000 worth of previous loot. You seem short by about one item.

And so you find a nice pair of Luckbender Gloves plus 250gp

7 Rabbit:

You seem to have forgotten to add 889xp from the very first fight of the adventure. It means you are level 5 now.

You should have amassed roughly 6300

Your Laughing Man amulet bumping to +2 is 3400gp. Adding the rest of your amassed treasure leave you roughly 1000gp short so...

Wall Leather Armor +1 and 250gp

Callen

Same drill, should have amassed 6060gp in career.

2400gp from Defensive staff +2 from this adventure. Add to past loot and you are very roughly at 4000gp.

Cloth Armor +2 (Make that summoned eather armor +2 if you take the feat at level 4) and 250gp

Tsi'Ri

Pretty much same thing for Tsi'Ri, should have 6060gp or so.

She has lots of items, but little of it is very expensive; Let's add this;

Tattoo of Vengeance, Barbed Baldric, 250 gp

Let's spin the tattoo as being the result of your third eye familiar absorbing power from Rinch's explosion.

Mri'Thas

shoulda: 6060

Resilience Amulet +2, reading Spectacles, 250 gp

Andrec:

Healer's brooch +1, Preservation Shield (light), 250 gp

Jarel:

Collar of Recovery +1, Belt of Vigor, 250gp

Montroya:

Barksin Armor +1, Gauntlets of blood, 250 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit reaches out hesitantly and touches his brother's face. "Wake up..." he whispers. When there is no response, he says it again, louder, and grabs him by the shoulders and shakes him firmly. Still no response. He thumbs open 6 Eagle's eyelid and stares into the vacant eyes, then sinks back on his knees, weeping.

As the smell of incense drifts over him, he gathers himself to his feet, wipes his face, and walks heavily over to the others. "My brother is... breathing," he says. "So he must be alive. But I can't get him to respond, or even to look at me. It's like his mind is completely missing. I..." He sighs and trails off. "I don't know what to do," he confesses in a small voice. He sighs again, and frowns.

Suddenly he blurts out, "The halfling!" and spins around to rush back to the bodies.

[sblock=OOC]
You only mentioned 6 Eagle - is the halfling still ok?
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Axe]
Tadaa. It is now light enough to be a waraxe; One side has the intact crescent blade while the other is broken; there is enough left to function as a spike.

I think it would be wicked to draw.

Also, the axe is now +2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kama'Zer]
And there you go. +2 silver longsword.
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP]
Rinch: 500 XP
10 zombies: 1250 XP
Dark Emissaries: 400 XP
Chill Zombie: 250 XP
3 Grave hound : 450 XP
3 Corruption corpse: 525 XP
Zombie Hulk: 350 XP

Major Quest: 1800 XP

Total : 5525 XP

5525 * 2 / 9 = 1228 XP each

Time XP:

Zombies & Crooks: 40 days since last time XP
6 Eagle Down: 45 days

40/365 * 1500 XP= 164 XP
1228 + 164 = 1392

45/365 * 1500 = 185 XP
1228 + 185 = 1413 XP

45/365 * 1750 = 216 XP
1228 + 216 = 1444 XP

45/365 * 2000 = 247 XP
1228 + 247 = 1475 XP

So:

Montroya, Jarel and Andrec earns 1392 XP

Soldier earns 1413 XP

7 Rabbit, Tsi'ri, Mri'Thas and Callen earns 1444 XP

Kama'Zer earns 1475 XP

Unless some rule passed to double time XP? I didn't keep close track.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]Psych! Hum, I mean it'll take some more number crunching. ;)

Forthcoming, but probably not tonight. Movies to see, places to be.

What, you say some DMs plan it in advance? Who are those lunatics?

EDIT: Oh, and yes, Soldier's aze is now frost fury. It even makes sense, given Rinch's nature.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Jumping ahead a bit, most of the additional loot beside what you have already got will be found by thoroughly searching (one of) Rinch's lair, on the other side of the teleportation circle.

Will edit as I go along. I tweaked my method for expediency.

Soldier:

Looks like he is all set. 3 full completed level +57% of level 4 means you should have amassed 4561 gp of wealth in his entire career so far.

Frost Fury war axe +2 is worth 3400gp and the mithral plate +1 is worth 520gp so this adventure alone goes a long way...

Let's add 250gp, because everyone should have liquidities.

Kama'Zer:

Completed 4 full level and 91% of a fifth: should have amassed 7992gp for his entire career.

The Gith Silver Sword alone is worth 4200gp. I counted roughly 3000 worth of previous loot. You seem short by about one item.

And so you find a nice pair of Luckbender Gloves plus 250gp

7 Rabbit:

You seem to have forgotten to add 889xp from the very first fight of the adventure. It means you are level 5 now.

You should have amassed roughly 6300

Your Laughing Man amulet bumping to +2 is 3400gp. Adding the rest of your amassed treasure leave you roughly 1000gp short so...

Wall Leather Armor +1 and 250gp

Callen

Same drill, should have amassed 6060gp in career.

2400gp from Defensive staff +2 from this adventure. Add to past loot and you are very roughly at 4000gp.

Cloth Armor +2 (Make that summoned eather armor +2 if you take the feat at level 4) and 250gp

Tsi'Ri

Pretty much same thing for Tsi'Ri, should have 6060gp or so.

She has lots of items, but little of it is very expensive; Let's add this;

Tattoo of Vengeance, Barbed Baldric, 250 gp

Let's spin the tattoo as being the result of your third eye familiar absorbing power from Rinch's explosion.

Mri'Thas

shoulda: 6060

Resilience Amulet +2, reading Spectacles, 250 gp

Andrec:

Healer's brooch +1, Preservation Shield (light), 250 gp

Jarel:

Collar of Recovery +1, Belt of Vigor, 250gp

Montroya:

Barksin Armor +1, Gauntlets of blood, 250 gp
[/sblock]

XP and Loot approved!

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=XP]
7 Rabbit:

IIRC, I skipped that because I didn't qualify for it as I wasn't approved for Level 3. And since I'm a character judge I figured it was appropriate to punish myself for the character judging being slow...

On the other hand, I wouldn't say no to some sort of bonus Quest XP for finding my brother...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Time gold]
That loot doesn't include time gold, right? Should we be calculating it ourselves or is Mal or garyh gonna make a post about that?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Joe]
Punishing yourself for being too slow?! Are you a masochist? Take the XP! Or, you know, don't take that XP but take a special 889 XP quest bonus... ;)

There is no time gold; it's factored in. Heck, this even compensate for those of you who didn't receive enough treasure in previous adventure! You now all have roughly the required amount of treasure for your respective total XP amassed.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Garyh]Don't forget my DM credit![/sblock]

Last edited:

Ozymandias79

First Post
"So any of you guys hurt?" Soldier asks his compatriots as he turns around and checks up on each friend including their employer and his brother then asks 7 Rabbit, "How are your brother? Is he going to be OK?" and after having gotten an answer from the dwarf he walks over to the strangers who helps them with Rinch, he says, "Well met and thanks for the help, it was needed. I am called Soldier, what are your names?" then his gaze wanders to Montroya and Jarel-Karn and then he asks them,"May I ask what are kinda people you are as I have never seen neither of your kind before" then he wait for a reply from them

Remove ads