9th Circle Heist:: Abyssal D&D (closed! See OOC thread)

To P&P:

Well, I meant to use races mainly found in the standard Monster Manual (or in the SRD). But I will accept stuff from any of the WOTC 3.5+ books (and certain 3.0 books such as the miniatures book and the Book of Vile Darkness) that fit what I am going for here. That is- demons, undead, gargoyles, and half-fiends. You should be able to check on http://www.d20srd.org for some things.

That said, I am ordering Libris Mortis as we speak. And I just like the Nycter from Monster Manual III a lot.

Ferrix

Explorer
Peter, you should change your listing of monsters to be LA +X, ECL is effective character level which is equal to HD plus level adjustment plus class levels.

Voadam

Legend
I'm interested.

Either a gargoyle or a half fiend probably.

Did you mean the racial things to be LA or ECL before classes?

The gargoyle in the srd is 4HD and +5 LA for ECL 9. Are you reducing it down to LA +1 so I could make a 4HD Gargoyle with 11th level fighter or would it be 4HD gargoyle with 6th level fighter to meet the ECL of your game?

If the former I think I will do a gargoyle martial or sneaky character.

If the latter I think I will go for a half fiend warlock once I look over the class stuff more closely.

IcyCool

First Post
I'm interested in this, but am curious as to how you are doing the creatures. A gargoyle had 4 Racial Hit Dice and a level adjustment +5 for a grand total of ECL = 9. Then you can add some class levels on top of that. And if I read correctly, we can't play anything like standard humans? If so, you'll get surprisingly few spellcasters, as all of the races you listed are crippled by the LA and HD of the races.

Eluvan

First Post
Oh my yes, I'd love to play this. :D

If there's room of course... I can't make out how many people have expresse definite interest. Anyway, looking at playing a Half-fiend sorceror, or maybe Evoker.

IcyCool

First Post
To be more clear on my intent, I'm up for playing a Ghost, Dretch, or Half-Fiend. :)

Not sure on the class just yet though.

Edit - Swap out Dretch for Incubus/Succubus :)

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I have a big soft spot for Dretch, They are the far and away most used demon in my games -
BoB : dretch sorcerer 11th lvl right? ooh yeah!
He made an apperance in my campaign as a purposefully inept spy ment to spill the plans and lure players into a trap. He will have gained a lot of levels since then (was 2nd) but with a -4 int mod will not be a genius. He is probably brought along as the fall guy, and fed nothing but misinformation about the job and his companions. (Assuming I can get something playable out of this)
hmm still need point buy for stats. I'll start at 28 and make adjustments when you specify.

Edit: after looking at your other game, I rolled stats on invisablecastle - http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=155337
Hoody Hoo!

Last edited:

Remove ads