A Caravan to Ein Arris (recruiting closed)

James Heard

Explorer
I don't need to game so badly that I want to come into a game having to plot on how to kill off the other characters, and intra-party tension already killed the game I quit here last. If your character is in, then mine is out - and I'm not particularly certain I want to play a game with you in any other capacity either.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I hope everyone else has a good time.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
James Heard said:
I don't need to game so badly that I want to come into a game having to plot on how to kill off the other characters, and intra-party tension already killed the game I quit here last. If your character is in, then mine is out - and I'm not particularly certain I want to play a game with you in any other capacity either.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I hope everyone else has a good time.

No no, you needn't quit at all. Mine was merely speculatory and I'd much rather have a good time "in party" than having a character like that. I just picked "Neanderthal" because at that time no one else had that race as a character.

I mean no offense and do not plan on creating intra-party conflict with him, so please, keep your character and I'll change mine around to best appease the group.

Darimaus

First Post
Kafkonia said:
By all means, Darimaus -- I haven't closed entries and I'd be happy to see your handiwork. For you and fenixdown, and anyone else interested in playing a cleric, let me know if you want a list of deities or if you'd rather construct one of your own.

I think I would have a preference for construction of my own deity if you don't mind. Only main character build question I've got is wither or not you'll allow the Azurin clerics Racial Substitution for Clerics. Since I feel energetic, I'm going to construct the character now assuming its allowed, and adjust it according to your answer later.

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
Natasha Alucard

Female Azurin, 5'4" tall, Green Eyes, Red Hair, Pale White Skin
Alignemnt: LN
Classes: Cleric 2

[sblock]

Str: 14
Dex: 14
Con: 10
Int: 10
Wis: 14
Cha: 14

BAB: +1
Fort: 3 = 3 Base + 0 Con
Ref: 2 = 0 Base + 2 Dex
Will: 5 = 3 Base + 2 Wis
AC: 17 = +2 Dex +4 Armor +1 Shield
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft
HP: 16

Feats: Divine Soultouched, Saphire Smite

Skills:
Tumble: +2 (1 Cross Class Ranks + 2 Dex)
Survival: +4 (5 Cross Class Ranks + 2 Wis)
Spot: +4 (4 Cross Class Ranks + 2 Wis)

Special Abilites: Essentia Pool 3, Channel Incarnum 5/day, Domains (Destruction, Incarnate)

Attacks:
Quarterstaff: +4 (+1 BAB +2 Str 1 Masterworked) 1d6+3 Damage
Sling: +3 (+1 BAB +2 Dex) 1d4 Damage

Spells:
0 (4): Detect Magic x2, Light x2

1 (3+1): Ebon Eyes, Magic Weapon, Shield of Faith (Inflict Light Wounds)

Equipment:

Masterworked Quarter Staff (300)
Masterworked Chain Shirt (250)
Masterworked Buckler (165)
Sling (0)
20 Bullets (.2)
1 Belt Pouches (1)
1 Backpack (2)
1 days Trail Rations (1)
Waterskin (1)
50 ft Silk Rope (10)
170 Gold
3 Silver
Adventurer's Clothes (0)

Encumbrance = 55.5 lbs (Light Load)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

fenixdown

First Post
Character Sheet:[SBLOCK]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Kibek "Yappy" Danar
[B]Class:[/B] Cleric
[B]Race:[/B] Kobold
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (6p.-4rcl) [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1000
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0 (0p.+2rcl) [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 10 (2d8-2)
[B]Con:[/B] 08 -1 (2p.-2rcl) [B]Grapple:[/B] -3     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] N/A
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +3 (6p.)      [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] N/A
[B]Wis:[/B] 16 +2 (8p.)      [B]Init:[/B] +0        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +0
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)      [B]ACP:[/B] 0          [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 30%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +3    +2    +0    +1    +1    +0    17
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 17

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    -1          +2
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +0          +0
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +2          +5

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Morningstar (small)       +2     1d6        x2
Heavy Crossbow (small)    +1     1d8        19-20x2
Spiked Gauntlet (small)   +2     1d3        x2

[B]Domains:[/B] Protection, Travel

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Draconic, Goblin, Common, Snow Elven, Mashar, Trade Pidgin

[B]Abilities:[/B] Small size, Darkvision 60ft, Aura (Good), Turn Undead 5/day, +2 Knowledge (religion) bonus on turning checks vs. undead

[B]Feats:[/B] Self-sufficient

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 25       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 5/2.5
[B]Skills                      Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration                 5     0     0     5
Craft (trapmaking)	      0     3     2     5  (+2 Rcl)
Heal			      5     2     0     7
Hide			      0     0     4     4  (+4 Size)
Knowledge (religion)	      5     3     0     8
Profession (miner)	      0     2     2     4  (+2 Rcl)
Search			      0     3     2     5  (+2 Rcl)
Spellcraft                    1     3     0     4
Speak Language (Mashar)	      2
Speak Language (Trade Pidgin) 2
Survival		      5     2     0     7

[B]Spells Per Day:[/B]
0 - 4/day
1 - 3+1/day

[B]Equipment:                  Cost  Weight[/B]

[B]Worn:[/B]
Sm. Traveler's Outfit          -  -
Holy Symbol, Wooden          1gp  -
Sm. Mwk. Studded Leather   175gp  10lb (175gp, 10lb, AC +3, ACP -0, fail 15%)
Sm. Spiked Gauntlet          5gp  0.5lb

[B]Back:[/B]
Sm. Hvy. Darkwood Shield   207gp  2.5lb (207gp, 2.5lb, AC +2, ACP -0, fail 15%)

[B]Belt:[/B]
Sm. Morningstar              8gp  3lb
Healer's Kit                50gp  1lb
Spell Component Pouch        5gp  2lb
Belt Pouch                   1gp  0.5lb

[B]Sm. Backpack:[/B]                    2gp  0.5lb
Sm. Handaxe                  6gp  1.5lb
Sm. Cleric's Vestments       5gp  1.5lb
Sm. Bedroll                  1sp  1.25lb
Scroll case                  1gp  0.5lb
Parchment, 20 sheets         4gp  -
Inkpen                       1sp  -
Ink, 2oz                    16gp  -
Ink (red), 1oz              16gp  -
Ink (yellow), 1oz           16gp  -
Ink (blue), 1oz             16gp  -
Flint and Steel              1gp  -
Holy Symbol, Wooden          1gp  -

[B]Total Weight:[/B]24.75lb    [B]Money:[/B] 369gp 8sp 0cp (7.54lb)

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]            -24.75 -49.5  -75   75   375

[B]Age:[/B] 22
[B]Height:[/B] 2'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 36lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Red
[B]Hair:[/B] None
[B]Skin:[/B] Rusty black
[/SBLOCK]
Appearance:[SBLOCK] Kibek prefers a practical, plain appearance, using instead his personality to draw attention to himself. When not in his cleric's vestments, he generally wears a simple cloak over whatever else is readily available. He is small, even for a kobold, and not particularly striking in any way; even if he were, any distinct characteristic he might have would be overshadowed by his eyes. He is somewhat nearsighted, not in small part because of all the years of peering at religious texts, and as a result, his eyes have formed into a permanent squint. Besides giving him an air of eccentricity, he has also formed the bad habit of not looking at the person he's talking to.
[/SBLOCK]

Background:[SBLOCK] Kibek spent most of his childhood at the temple helping his mother, who was a priestess of Ssuth at the time. He was an ardent disciple, and couldn't understand why more people weren't as devoted as he was. Moreover, nobody seemed interested in bringing the faith to those unfortunate enough not to have been born a kobold, those who might never hear of the Mother of All. Obviously, something had to be done, and his goddess had chosen him to do it. So, his duty in sight, he decided to join the clergy himself. He began as an altar boy when he was ten, and soon worked his way up to the priesthood.

The temple then sent him to preach to the snow elves, who despite Kibek's best intentions were somewhat less than eager to convert. Not to be discouraged, he spent several years in the unhospitable mountaintops, praying each night that the elves would see the truth. While most of them thought him to be a few leaves short of a branch, they at least admired his persistence, and he was more or less welcome. His work eventually paid off, and he was able to establish a small gathering of believers.

Then one day, he heard about the caravan to Mashanda, and he knew it was time for him to move on. Thanking the Mother of All for her guidance he returned to his homeland, leaving his elven disciples to carry on the faith in his absence, and began preparing for his next task.
[/SBLOCK]

Personality:[SBLOCK] Kibek likes to talk. A lot. So much, in fact, that the real reason he was sent up to the snow elves was to get him out of the other priests' hair (figuratively speaking). Despite his verbosity, he's actually somewhat eloquent, as well as very strong-willed, which gives him great potential as a missionary. He can be quite intimidating, though; on more than one occasion he has driven off a potential convert with his sheer fervor, although he means well. He tries to be helpful whenever possible, but is often oblivious to such opportunity thanks to the rather selective reality he lives in.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
James -- Please don't lose interest because of a potential character idea mentioned by a potential player. As I said, nobody's been guaranteed a spot in the game, and I'd hate to see you leave because of something that doesn't even wind up happening.

Ethandrew -- I don't think selling people to the illegal slave market fits my definition of lawful, I'm afraid. :heh: To perhaps shed some more light on what I consider LE, perhaps I should provide some examples: Boba Fett, the Sherrif of Nottingham, and the Sarge in the movie version of Doom, off the top of my head.

Darimaus -- The Azurin racial substitution is fine by me.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As one of my potential games fell through, and I'm still looking for a final one, I may submit a concept soon. I'll try for Tuesday.

Kafkonia

First Post
[SBLOCK=Religion and the Kobold Way of Life]

Kobolds are an industrious people. Everybody knows that. And they don't have the time or space for the hundreds of deities humanity seems to adore.

Kobold scholars trace their people's existence back to the union of Rhiss, the Dragonfather, and Ssuth, the Mother of All. Rhiss was the greatest of all dragons and had ascended to godhood himself, but found the world too chaotic and shapeless for his liking -- only the mountains showed the structure he held dear, and so he took the mountains as his bride, in the form of Ssuth. From this union the kobold race was born.

To most human theologians, Rhiss and Ssuth are the only two deities in the kobold pantheon, but the kobolds know different. Their history is filled with heroes who ascended to the peaks of the highest mountains, there to dwell with the Dragonfather and the Mother of All and grant boons to their peoples.

In game terms, this means that clerics of the kobold gods can choose any two domains save for the following: Chaos, Madness, and Evil. The kobold religion does not deify those concepts.

The kobold religion is not without its internal disputes, as there are some who believe that the Mother of All gave birth to the other races of the world, while the majority believe that those peoples came from the formless depths of chaos. The rare kobold missionary tends to come from the former group.

Rhiss' holy symbol is that of a curved claw, showing his draconic origins, whlie Ssuth's is a teardrop-shaped jewel meant to signify her body, gravid with young.
[/SBLOCK]

ethandrew

First Post
Kafkonia said:
Ethandrew -- I don't think selling people to the illegal slave market fits my definition of lawful, I'm afraid. :heh: To perhaps shed some more light on what I consider LE, perhaps I should provide some examples: Boba Fett, the Sherrif of Nottingham, and the Sarge in the movie version of Doom, off the top of my head.

I was being very tongue in cheek sarcastic. I was in no way serious, which is why I was so shocked. But like I said, the LE was not something I was completely comfortable with and I could just as easily be good than not, which I think I will do instead. If you're not comfortable with possible tension, then I would much rather you choose not to have my character in the party, as James was here first.

Kafkonia

First Post
ethandrew said:
I was being very tongue in cheek sarcastic. I was in no way serious, which is why I was so shocked. But like I said, the LE was not something I was completely comfortable with and I could just as easily be good than not, which I think I will do instead. If you're not comfortable with possible tension, then I would much rather you choose not to have my character in the party, as James was here first.

I don't mind tension between party members so long as it doesn't lead to tension between the players. :)

Remove ads