A Clash of Earth and Sea, Part II (El Jefe Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Retreating, the party manages to avoid being pinned down by the pirates. While Iggy looks for an opportunity to deal further damage, he's too busy trying to keep up with his long legged friends to get any spells off at the moment.

As the group nears the position at which they left the boat, a flash of light from behind catches their attention, and they can see that the small fire Jack started has suddenly progressed to a sizeable blaze... there must have been something highly flammable in there!

A voice from in front of you calmly says "Mission accomplished." It's Jack. He has the boat ready to go.

Manzanita

First Post
"Oh...Hi Jack. I'm glad you're back. Let's get back to the mermen." says Iggy. He volunteers to be the last in the boat, eager to fry any last-minute attackers.

Velmont

First Post
"You like that, Jack! Appearing out of nowhere." Tells Opale, smiling at the small figure. She jump into the boat and await for the others to climb. "I hope these pirates will have understood the message."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 4/ranger 2

Charlarn claps the halfling on the back. "Good work, Jack. I'm glad you made it out safely. Let's go, while the pirates are worried about the fire."

Patlin

Explorer
Jack thinks it over quickly, and decides it won't hurt anyone to let them think the explosion was all his doing.

"Guess I have a talent for Arson.... I also put a few flaming arrows through the sails of there ships, which should slow down any pursuit."

Iggy blasts a few spells towards the aproaching pirates, who slowed a bit at the unexpected explosion, and the party is able to make a clean getaway.

ooc: Next up...

1) xp reward
2) A last foray into the lair of the Ogre Mage?

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack nods satisfactorily as their little skirmish seems to be drawing to a close. He is, however, frustrated at himself for again missing much of a big fight due to not holding up to the fight.

Patlin

Explorer
Most recent xp reward was 9/8/06

XP Reward, part 1 of 2
Time: 9/16/06 to 1/30/07 = 4.5 months

Level 6 Character: Charlarn: 1,350 xp
Level 5 Characters: Iggy, Jack: 1,125 xp
Level 4 Characters: Ducane, Planus: 900 xp
Level 3 Charactes: Opale, Zack (Is this right? Why is he lower than Ducane?): 675 xp

I'm going to wait a bit on the combat xp, in case I'm mixed up on the levels. I know Ducane died, I don't think Zack did... not sure how Zack could still be 3rd while Ducane is 4th.

Steeling from Manzanita, who is keeping somewhat better records than I've managed for this thread, here are the times I've awarded xp for this adventure. The amounts should vary, but you probably recieved xp on all the same dates...

A Clash of Earth and Sea
11/19/05: 1300 XP for defeating bear, assassin vine and time spent 4th Level!
01/12/06: 1440 XPs gargoyles
03/23/06: 1040 XPs for evil fish, more gargoyles
04/26/06: 920 XPs for underwater merrow battle - 5th level!
05/02/06: 400 XPs for defeating Skrag
07/19/06: 925 XPs for big undersea battle
08/07/06: 750 XPs for merrow/sorcerer battle
09/09/06: 1500 XPs More merrows & sorcerers

Remove ads