• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Fading Suns/True20 game

Karl Green

First Post
ObiAndy said:
place holder for character posting

Kewl, now not to put any limits on you but it seems we have two nobles for sure right now... someone from the Church might be cool (if we get two Guilders from the other people players).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Karl Green said:
Kewl, now not to put any limits on you but it seems we have two nobles for sure right now... someone from the Church might be cool (if we get two Guilders from the other people players).

Actually.. if you look at the top of the thread Obiandy thinking about being a guilder or a battle brother.. so we'll get to see which idea he stuck with

ObiAndy

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Actually.. if you look at the top of the thread Obiandy thinking about being a guilder or a battle brother.. so we'll get to see which idea he stuck with

Honestly, I'd love to play any of those I listed at first.

Let me ask you this, tho: Would one type in particular work better? For instance, I was thinking of the Ukar as bodyguard for the main "noble", a brother battle for the groups "confessor", or the Charioteer for the "major domo" type role.

If you think one might work better than others, let me know! I might have to play all three because I love the ideas I have behind each of them!

Any input from other players would be helpful as well!

the_myth

First Post
ObiAndy said:
Honestly, I'd love to play any of those I listed at first.

Let me ask you this, tho: Would one type in particular work better? For instance, I was thinking of the Ukar as bodyguard for the main "noble", a brother battle for the groups "confessor", or the Charioteer for the "major domo" type role.

If you think one might work better than others, let me know! I might have to play all three because I love the ideas I have behind each of them!

Any input from other players would be helpful as well!

hmmm...well, I think I'm playing the "main noble" [eek! pressure!] so having a Bodyguard would work storywise since Venus isn't exactly a scrapper. The character speaks most alien languages, and I intend to give the feat Xeno-Empathy next. I envision her working well with aliens.

But having a Priest could be very useful, especially a combat-oriented one.

Just some thoughts. Look forward to seeing your eventual decision.

[Edit: After posting this, I got to thinking. Would the Hawkwood noble be the "main noble" by default simply because the House is of higher rank? After all, part of Roz's character background is her desire to raise her own House's status. Perhaps that character would be the "main noble," which would mean there'd need to be a reason my character, Venus, would submit to being a secondary figure. Hmmm...need to think on this a bit...I'm liking it!]

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
the_myth said:
hmmm...well, I think I'm playing the "main noble" [eek! pressure!] .

I think I have learned playing PBP games never to reply on ONE character for the game to continue :) NOT that I don't hope that you will stick with it, just in case...

As for what might be needed more...

Well, no ship is not a huge deal, as you can get around via free passage on most ships of the Known World... of course you have to go the route they want, so it may take longer to get to where you want to go...

A bodyguard and confessor could be wrapped up in the Brother Battle

an Ur-Ukars (aliens) are just cool of course :)

ObiAndy

First Post
Karl Green said:
A bodyguard and confessor could be wrapped up in the Brother Battle

Excellent point! I think I will go ahead and make a brother battle. Someone must be there to save their souls!! ;)

I'll post him soon. And thanx, guys. Sorry to be so indecisive.......

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's cool Obi, hell anything that will make the Company of the Phoenix become a kick ass group is fine. I'm just interested in seeing how much more interesting the group's dynamics can get before they start off. So far we have:

1. Venus has the most to lose i the mission isn't successful, Roz has the most to gain upon success.
2. Venus and Roz being sort of (but not really) rival nobles (as a result of Decados influence on Roz).
3. Both Roz and Venus are skilled in social interaction although on paper Roz appears to have more rogue-ish leanings.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Note that the Rogues Gallery is here if you could post your final character there (post them here first so we can look em over).

As soon as everyone is done I am pretty much ready to start, so I will shot for Friday (7/27/07) for the start of the game ...Company of the Phoenix - Part 1 "Visions"

Karl Green

First Post
Tonguez said:
Sounds fun.
I downloaded True20 freebie when it was available and remember playing a RTS computer game based on Fading Suns (Ill need to go look for that again)

Anyway Im interested

Guildsman Tarius (Engineer (Cyberneticist)

Tonguez, if you are still interested but I whipped up a Cybernetic Engineer if you want a little help (of course discard if not interested ;))

===

Entered Tarius human, Guilder (Engineer); Expert 4; Init +1; Spd 30ft; Defense (role) Parry 13, Dodge 13, Flat 12; Grpl +4; Atk +4 melee (knife, damage +2, crit 19-20/+3) or +4 ranged (blaster pistol, damage +5, crit 20/+3, range inc: 30ft, ammo 10); SV: Toughness +4 (+2 w/o armor), Fortitude +2, Reflex +2, Willpower +4; Nature (virtue) Inquisitive, (vice) Unnerving; Wealth +9; Reputation +1; Conviction 5; Str +1, Dex +1, Con +1, Int +4, Wis +0, Cha +0
Skills: Computers [Think Machine] 7 (+11), Concentration [Stoic Mind] 4 (+4), Craft (Chemical) 2 (+6), Craft (Electronics) 7 (+11), Craft (Mechanical) 6 (+10), Disable Device 7 (+8), Drive 2 (+3), Knowledge [Academia] (Cybernetics) 7 (+11), Knowledge [Academia] (History) 4 (+8), Knowledge [Academia] (Life Science) 7 (+11), Knowledge [Academia] (Physical Science) 4 (+8), Knowledge [Academia] (Occultism) 2 (+6), Knowledge [Academia] (Technology) 7 (+11), Medicine [Psysick] 7 (+7), Notice 5 (+5; visual/spot checks +12), Pilot 2 (+3), Search 7 (+10; small details +14)
Feats: Cybernetic (Visual Amplification), Cybernetic (Nightvision Optics), Cybernetic (Engineer’s Eye), Firearm Training, Guild Commission (2), Heavy Weapons, Imperial Badge (Guild Cohort), Wealthy
Cybernetics: Visual Amplification (Cybernetic Eye replacements, +4 visual Notice checks), Nightvision Optics (Darkvision 60ft), and Engineer’s Eyes (+3 visual Notice checks and +4 Search checks where looking for small details would matter)
Special Qualities: +3 to cha-based skills with other Guilders, +2 to cha-based skills for all others. -2 to cha-based skills to peasants, and to extreme Orthodox religious people due to obvious cybernetics
Core Ability: Amazing Save (Will)
Speech: Urth (spoken and written), Machine Chant (spoken and written), Hawkwood dialect (spoken), Latin (spoken and written), Vau (spoken, basic level)
Equipment: Undercover shirt (-1 ACP), Blaster pistol (with two power cells), Knife, Account Think Machine (pocket size), Expedition Medpac, Squawker, Mech Tools, Volt Tools, Master Keys (lock-picks), two Fission cells

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads