• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Fading Suns/True20 game

Karl Green

First Post
Excellent, and it looks like we are ready to start... I will try and have the first post up this afternoon... just a few things to finish up with and then we will be ready!!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
the_myth said:
Ok, so why would she and Venus be working together?

In my background I have included a bit about Tarius having served on a Hawkwood sponsored diplomatic mission to the Vau after which Tarius gained his guild rank and the offer of an imperial badge.

WOuld it be convinient if Venus had also been on that mission, and that perhaps she was the one who 'sponsored' Tarius as a guild cohort, now attached to her latest mission.

Just a suggestion

Karl Green

First Post
So I am going to have one NPC in the group, a Charioteer by the name of Ensign Yoni Koto. She is a pilot of an Explore class shipped, owned by the Guide. They are ‘renting’ the ship to Venus for her quest, partly being paid by the Hawkwoods and partly by the Phoenix Order. This contract mostly includes taking Venus to any Known World.

Also note that Yoni will not have an Imperial Consort Badge, and so part of the arrangement and ‘rent’ will be that the Charioteer Guide will get first trading rights for any new Jumproutes (and Jumpkeys) discovered by the group along the way. Yoni will mostly stay with the ship, and is very ‘mercenary’ in most of her dealings with the group (making sure the Guide gets every penny they can for everything they do).

Ensign Yoni Koto human, Guilder (Charioteers); Expert 4; Init +3; Spd 30ft; Defense (role) Parry 13, Dodge 16, Flat 12; Grpl +3; Atk +6 melee (sword, +3 damage, crit 19-20/+3), or +6 ranged (medium Auto pistol, +3 damage, crit 20/+3, range 30ft, ammo 15) or +6 ranged (SMG, +4 damage, crit 20/+3, range 40ft, automatic, ammo 40); SV: Toughness +6 (+4 flat-footed, +3/+1 w/o armor), Fortitude +2, Reflex +4, Willpower +4; Nature (virtue) Free-Thinker, (vice) Stubborn; Wealth +7; Reputation +1; Conviction 5; Str +0, Dex +3, Con +1, Int +2, Wis +0, Cha +1
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Bluff [Knavery] 7 (+8), Climb 4 (+4), Computers [Think Machine] 7 (+9), Disable Device 7 (+10), Drive 7 (+10), Knowledge [Academia] (Jump Lanes) 7 (+9) Knowledge [Academia] (Technology) 6 (+8), Notice 4 (+4), Pilot 7 (+10), Search 4 (+6), Stealth 7 (+10)
Feats: Armor Training, Defensive Roll (2), Firearm Training, Guild Commission, Navigation, Surprise Strike, Weapons Training, Well-Informed
Special Qualities: +2 to cha-based skills with other Guilders, +1 to cha-based skills for all others.
Core Ability: Amazing Save (Reflex)
Speech: Urth (literate), Obun
Equipment: Stiffsynth bodyglove (-1 APC), Sword, Medium Autofeed Pistol (30 extra rounds), SMG (80 extra rounds)

Imperial Lekaf-Class Explorer: the ‘Oceanid’, on ‘loan’ from the Charioteer; Size: Colossal (-8 attack), Length: 40meters, Width: 15meters, Lander; DEF: 8; Move: space 6, speed 40,000MPH, Jump 6; Toughness: 14; Armor: 8; Shields: 4; Occupants: 2c +6p (50 tons cargo); WPN: One spiral mounted dual linked Blaster Cannons Mark I (targeting +2 attack [so a -6 total ranged attack penalty, due to size], DMG +15, Armor Penetration 4, Space Range 8), Cost: 49

I am just about ready to post the first one up over in playing the game...

Karl Green

First Post
Oh, one thing I noticed there ObiAndy about the Brother Battle...

Theurgist Powers: Combat Sense (+4) should be +5 (you get your Adapt level +3 =4 +1 for your Wisdom modifier)

Just as an FYI

ObiAndy

First Post
Karl Green said:
Oh, one thing I noticed there ObiAndy about the Brother Battle...

Theurgist Powers: Combat Sense (+4) should be +5 (you get your Adapt level +3 =4 +1 for your Wisdom modifier)

Just as an FYI

D'oh! thanks for spotting that. I'll fix it. And I will flesh out the background a bit.

Karl Green

First Post
Oh yea... the NATIVE say never to share what you see... but most Known Worlders don't always follow this pracise... it is up to you all, and you have heard the native speak of this... but you have also heard what others have seen here.

the_myth

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Does sharing the info have bad consequences? E.i. like preventing the vision from coming true if it foretold a higher/benifitual destiny?

Well, that's probably the belief. To speak the prophecy makes it unravel.

I think how we've tried to say-but-not-say what was seen works well. Once parts come true, we can reveal more. I think that attitude probably works well with this setting.

Just some thoughts...

Karl Green

First Post
the_myth said:
Well, that's probably the belief. To speak the prophecy makes it unravel.

I think how we've tried to say-but-not-say what was seen works well. Once parts come true, we can reveal more. I think that attitude probably works well with this setting.

Just some thoughts...

Very good thoughts indeed

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads