• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Fallen Angel

Xath

Moder-gator
Xath has been standing, shadowed in the corner. She holds a notepad and occasionally jots something down.

Sense Motive #1: 13 (Dice) + 19 (Mod) = 32
Sense Motive #2: 6 (Dice) + 19 (Mod) = 25
Sense Motive #3: 17 (Dice) + 19 (Mod) = 36

Xath

Moder-gator
The_Universe said:
"My master can take the North whenever he wishes! Aregonn Bluestar will be crushed beneath his boot heel!"

At this, looks at Arrissa; arches one eyebrow; shares a meaningful glance with L'Aurel; and frantically scribbles for a few moments on the pad. When finished, she eyes her notes and nods, as though satisfied.

Bluff: 32 (Mod) + 13 = 45
Intimidate: 14 (Mod) + Nat 20 (Dice) = 44

(Not an active "grrrrr" intimidate; just something to keep her on edge)

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
Xath has been standing, shadowed in the corner. She holds a notepad and occasionally jots something down.

Sense Motive #1: 13 (Dice) + 19 (Mod) = 32
Sense Motive #2: 6 (Dice) + 19 (Mod) = 25
Sense Motive #3: 17 (Dice) + 19 (Mod) = 36
((This is why I like having us all there :) L'Aurel will be assisting from now on when applicable))

The_Universe

First Post
Xath - "My master can take the North whenever he wishes! Aregonn Bluestar will be crushed beneath his boot heel!" <------That's definitely a deception of some sort - she's trying to get you to interpret events in a certain way that's not the truth; she's lying with her tone, if not her words. In the previosu two Sense Motives, you agree with L'Aurel - you struck a nerve, and she's trying to cover up - poorly, as well.

L'Aurel - She seems to be hiding some connection between her still unnamed Master, and the Bluestar.

Laurel

First Post
Repeating the last few lines of convo so I don't get lost :)

Arissa said:
"My master can take the North whenever he wishes! Aregonn Bluestar will be crushed beneath his boot heel!"
Xath said:
At this, looks at Arrissa; arches one eyebrow; shares a meaningful glance with L'Aurel; and frantically scribbles for a few moments on the pad. When finished, she eyes her notes and nods, as though satisfied. Xath half-smirks. The expression on her face shows that she sees right through Arissa's deception.
L'Aurel said:
"And is Aregonn playing into Mordred's such well laid plans as well?"
L'Aurel is still mocking in tone and manner. ((Is there a roll for I'm trying to piss you off :) Just kidding.))

The_Universe

First Post
"O-of course! My master...Mordred...will crush the Bluestar for his impudence. He should not have meddled in the affairs of the South!"

((Intimidate or Bluff))

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
"O-of course! My master...Mordred...will crush the Bluestar for his impudence. He should not have meddled in the affairs of the South!"

((Intimidate or Bluff))
((Sense motive (for the quoted statement): roll- 15 / bonus- 11/ total- 26

Bluff:roll- 17/ bonus- 11/ total= 28

Intimidate:roll- 2/ bonus- 7/ total= 9))

"Poor caged Arissa. Age becoming a problem? Again you fail. You can't lie to us about that which we know."

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
((Sense motive (for the quoted statement): roll- 15 / bonus- 11/ total- 26

Bluff:roll- 17/ bonus- 11/ total= 28

"Poor caged Arissa. Age becoming a problem? Again you fail. You can't lie to us about that which we know."
You figured out what Xath already has - her attempt to connect the Bluestar and Mordred is entirely fabricated.

Laurel

First Post
Laurel said:
((Bluff:roll- 17/ bonus- 11/ total= 28

((Guess she's doesn't get upset with the continued ha-ha you stupid attitude, and if not....))

Finally dropping the mocking attitude and looking sadly at someone she could have once called family, "So you choose death? A death you will not wake from? A death you where you will not see Mordred rise to power, nor will you gain any of his promised benifits."

Remove ads