• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Fallen Angel

Xath

Moder-gator
Why wouldn't it be a threat? She wants to die and keeps telling us to kill her. I know (and Xath knows) that Tain/Mordred has the power to bring people back from the dead. If we kill her, she escapes.

If we keep her, and do so effectively, she won't be able to help him. And if she fails to escape on her own, she wouldn't really be worth rescuing. I have the feeling that Tain/Mordred aren't the most compassionate/forgiving of folks.

And I didn't say she wouldn't be hurt; I said she wouldn't be killed.

Xath said:
And you can't ring anything in here. We're inside an antimagic field.
Whoops - we've been doing it. Not a big deal.

However - having her here is a threat to everyone in Hyrwl. We have to balance the cost and effectiveness of having her here.

Keeping her in the prison - while incredible merciful - draws even greater attention to Hyrwl (if that is possible) AND we're not going to get any information out of her - this woman has seen and, no doubt, experienced greater tortures than our characters can probably imagined. She's gone to the length of twisting and blackening her soul for Mordred. No amout of intimidation is going to push her to talk. She's got nothing to live for.

If she is tried and killed (which is good and just) there are ways to keep her from being risen again. It's just not realistic to try to keep her here.

Justice shoots a quick glace to Xath and rings (because Kennon says we're outside of the magic field), "I wouldn't make any promises that audacious on the behalf of the entire Circle. This woman deserves to be tried for her many, many crimes."

The_Universe

First Post
"You think I want death. I do not. I simply do not fear it's coming, for I know that it is no bar to my master's service; I know that killing me would pain you. Do what you will with me. It makes no difference: but do not presume to be able to threaten me. Even this prison is not so secure. Not forever."

Xath

Moder-gator
Ring: "Then do what you will with her."

Xath smiles, but it does not reach her eyes. "Do not be so quick to presume yourself. Killing you would not pain me in the slightest." With that she turns and walks away.

Archon

First Post
Not leaving the shadows Archon's thoughts rush into your minds.
"My friends there may be only one solution to our problem. Arrisa will not speak. She is a fanatic and will die before she gives up information. Her weakness is her willingness to drag our souls into darkness."
Although no one can see him he turns his head to face Xath.
"I once told someone that 'i am willing to win this War at any cost.' I'm finally begining to understand what that truly means. The only way we can topple Tain's forces is to have the answers we've been looking for since the start of this war. I think i know of a way to get that information."
Archonus steps from the shadows and stares into the cage straight into Arissa's eyes.
"I will walk the shadow path."

Remove ads