• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Feast for Crows is done! Kind of...

Methinkus

First Post
Yay

first just let me get right down to it and say "YAY!!" right now.

YAY!!!

Having done that, how does it solve the problem of his books being too long (for his publisher's tastes, not mine :D ) to make his next book even longer? Orriginally he didnt think enough would happen in the time that passes durring Feast For Crows to justify an entire book, and it turned out to be his longest yet, so to solve the problem he's moved entire storylines into the next book, which was prpbably going to be one of the bigger ones to beggin with?

I hope the rest of the series comes along smoothly, and i really want Paris to be right about the 'seven books' prediction. :cool:

Well I suppose I'll just have to wait to find out like everyone else . . . for another 5 years.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Personally I think GRRM is too critical of himself. Thats why FEAST was taking too long, and the fact that this book was not orginally planned. I still have hopes its as good as the others. All we need now is an ETA.

TwistedBishop

First Post
So the book after Feast is A Dance With Dragons. Does anyone recall, was that the name of the first book in the next trilogy originally, and he's just crammed the remaining Feast stuff into it? Or is it a whole new, unplanned volume?

If the former, yay! If the latter, dagnabit!

KenM

Banned
Banned
The book title after A Dance with Dragonis going to be called. "Thanks for giving us more of your money." ;)

I did hear of of the later books will be called A Time of Wolves.

Starman

Adventurer
Actually, I believe the book after ADwD is supposed to be called The Winds of Winter. Then A Time for Wolves is next, although that title is, I believe, still tentative as Martin has said he isn't totally pleased with it.

Starman

Krafus

First Post
Back when AFfC didn't exist, it was supposed to be:

4) A Dance with Dragons
5) The Winds of Winter
6) A Time for Wolves (though that title wasn't certain as GRRM wasn't pleased with it)

Vonlok The Bold

First Post
I am as excited as can be. I have a question about the next book. Obviously it will focus on the story lines not included in this one, but will that be all it will focus on? Will it have some focus on the Westeros characters stories as well?

Vocenoctum

First Post
TwistedBishop said:
So the book after Feast is A Dance With Dragons. Does anyone recall, was that the name of the first book in the next trilogy originally, and he's just crammed the remaining Feast stuff into it? Or is it a whole new, unplanned volume?

If the former, yay! If the latter, dagnabit!
He had planned two trilogies, then decided on a bridge book, then decided to merge the bridge book into the 4th book, now has split the bridge/4th book into two books... leaving him about where he was to start, with a couple years passed.

(or something like that)

Remove ads