• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Game of Thrones (RR MARTIN) - The RPG: Tell me About it, please

Maester Luwin

First Post
Skyman said:
Those supplements weren't produced, hopefully they will be.

Btw, www.westeros.org has great resources including a forum (probably a bit too much until you've read the books) and an archive of information about every region and every minor and major house that's appeared.

There's also a Game of Thrones RPG board both me and Luwin are part of. It's not a super fast moving one but people are willing to help out with setting info or campaigns. It's http://z7.invisionfree.com/AGOT_RPG.

Hey Dark Seraph! The above sites are great. Game of Thrones board also have examples of campaigns that you can look at. I hope all this helps & thanks to Skyman for pointig those sites out. Maester Luwin

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I'm pretty sure you can get AGot RPG from either DTRRPG.com or RPGNOW probably. But not 100% sure. Just wait until the combination occurs. :p :)

Skyman

First Post
Is it just me or is almost every pdf rated E? If there's one setting that deserves at least a 'teen' rating, it's SoIaF... though I suppose that doesn't always come across in the RPG book.

Nightfall

Uhm considering the fact that it's an RPG and do not describe in detail the following: beheadings, rape, incest or other non-PG material; I don't see why it should. Besides you know people don't discriminate against books as much as they do music, TV and the internet! :p :)

Skyman

First Post
True... but seeing as E is described as "Titles rated "Everyone (E)" have content suitable for persons ages six and older. These titles will appeal to people of many ages and tastes. They may contain minimal violence, some comic mischief (for example, slapstick comedy), or some crude language." it seems just a tad bit tamer than GoT. ;) But then maybe that's true of the book itself, if not the games usually played with the book.

Nightfall

No I'm sure the book isn't that tame. But the game itself can be, especially since it won't be about such "adult" themes as much as "fighting imaginary people" and "some Robin Hoodesque" type deals.

Nightfall

Next time when talking about an RPG book based off a fictional world, just say "RPG book." Save us all a world of trouble.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads