• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Game of Thrones (RR MARTIN) - The RPG: Tell me About it, please

Dark Seraph

First Post
edited out - my apologies for the over sight. Got caught up with the excitement the yarn by George RR Martin created and the prospect of playing / gaming in that same setting. A momentary lapse of the usual etiquette. :-/

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Dark Seraph, I've put your last post in a spoiler block so that people don't inadvertently get spoiled because apparently you've revealed a major plot point or something.

I've not read the books yet, but as a brave moderator I've come in here and hidden the text without reading any details (which is why I just put a spoiler block around the whole text)

If you want to come back and edit out spoilers, please feel free to do so.

Regards,

Skyman

First Post
Glad to see you like the series.

In hardback the Deluxe version might be worth it for someone who wants a really nice fancy book. But unless you plan on playing Tri-stat rather than d20, I wouldn't recommend getting the Deluxe pdf - my hardback and pdf Standard editions have served me fine.

Dark Seraph

First Post
Skyman said:
Glad to see you like the series.

In hardback the Deluxe version might be worth it for someone who wants a really nice fancy book. But unless you plan on playing Tri-stat rather than d20, I wouldn't recommend getting the Deluxe pdf - my hardback and pdf Standard editions have served me fine.

Thanks for your take on this, Sky. Will be making my purchase soon.

Cheers, mate!

DS.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yeah don't shell out for the Deluxe version unless you are seriously considering using Tri-stat mechanics instead of d20.

But otherwise, enjoy your time in Westeros. :)

Nebulous

Legend
I bought the deluxe edition and wish i hadn't. I actually like the nice cover art on the regular book. Oh well. I have yet to actually USE Game of Thrones...i'm just an avid collector :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Neb,

Hey as long as you can justify it later on, that's fine. :) Me I'm sure I'll stick with the regular since I liked the cover on that one more than the deluxe one.

Dark Seraph

First Post
Thanks chaps!! I took the prevailing advice provided above and purchased the Standard version as a PDF. Even if I never use the setting, I love the story and the setting based on what I've read in the novels, particularly since its low-magic and gritty. In light of this and the fact that the Deluxe version didnt really add that much more to justify paying almost 3 times the price of the Std version for a PDF it made little sense getting the Deluxe version - IMHO.

DS.

Remove ads