• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Game of Thrones - The Defenders of the Vale

Khairn

First Post
Here are a few thoughts that I was working on regarding Creighton. Tell me what you think.

-Creighton's "anti-social" behavior is not directed at any of his brothers or sister. I can easily see how we had the common strife and arguements that most families do, but from his point of view its nothing personal.

-Jasper is someone Creighton looks up to, but envies at the same time because he seems to easily accomplish everything that Creighton has trouble doing

-Melyssa is an "annoying younger sister" that Creighton grudgingly tolerates. He probably teased her mercilessly when they were both younger. But at the same time he is protective of her, and if she were in any real trouble he would immediately come to her aid. He and Jasper can tease her, but if anyone else does they will have to answer to him.

-Lord Redfort is a taskmaster that Creighton can never seem to please. Doing something (anything... even if its really stupid) that would bring praise from his father is Creighton's fondest wish.

-Like Melyssa, Creighton was deeply hurt by his mothers death. He does not have a hi opinion of his new step-mother or step-sister.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Tyrmatfrage

First Post
Devyn said:
-Melyssa is an "annoying younger sister" that Creighton grudgingly tolerates. He probably teased her mercilessly when they were both younger. But at the same time he is protective of her, and if she were in any real trouble he would immediately come to her aid. He and Jasper can tease her, but if anyone else does they will have to answer to him.

-Like Melyssa, Creighton was deeply hurt by his mothers death. He does not have a hi opinion of his new step-mother or step-sister.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

I think Mother's death would have drawn Melyssa and Creighton closer together (at least, after she started coming out of her "shell") so she's probably closer to him than she is to Jasper.

Bleak Knight said:
Chronological question: With Myrcella's investigation taking some time, is it safe to assume that we will reach the maester long before she does? Just trying to avoid time-warp confusion from arising here.

GM's decision of course, but I think it's reasonable for you to get there first. Heck, maybe you're still in the study when Melyssa bursts in (luckily, my narration doesn't mention whether there's anyone else in the room, and I can always edit it later :D )

P.S. This is my first Play by Post too, if I'm doing anything wrong feel free to tell me

Khairn

First Post
Tyrmatfrage said:
I think Mother's death would have drawn Melyssa and Creighton closer together (at least, after she started coming out of her "shell") so she's probably closer to him than she is to Jasper.

That sounds good.

Bleak Knight

First Post

That sounds good.
Aaah! Conspiracy! Betrayal! You are isolating me, and planning to assassinate me and Lord Redfort, I know it! Treason!

Munin

First Post
Actually, you're fingering the wrong person. It's actually a sinister plot by Mycha to drive a wedge between you guys and gain the favored position :)

Just out of curiosity, what time zone are you guys in? I'm just curious, as it will affect (or is it effect? Ah, botheration...I'm tired) when we post. I'm Eastern Standard.

dave_o

Explorer
I'm in the Pacific time zone myself, but I'm just posting to remind everyone that I'm heading out on my two week vacation back east tomorrow so feel free to NPC Rhin in my absence. :D

Also -- what are some opinions PCs have on Rhin? I might get a chance to take a gander during my layover in Cincinatti.

Happy holidays!

Last edited:

Bleak Knight

First Post
GMT +1, Western Europe Time, or whatever. I'm in Norway.

And Jasper thinks Rhin seems a tad too "dramatic", with his funky swordplay and strange accent.

Khairn

First Post
EST time here.

Although it hasnt been brought up yet, Creighton thinks he's "kewl" as he is outside the mold that he feels he is being forced into.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads