A idea for a change to YB. More info/new idea at end of thread

Vanor

First Post
Berandor said:
On the other hand, Vanor really excels at storytelling and role-playing. That's fine, and he can do that all without fighting. But that doesn't generate a need to change the system.

Perhaps Vanor could make up a second character, just for some fights, without backstory or such, just to remain active?
Or he could fight unofficial fights?

A couple responces to this.

Thanks for the complement. I would of never brought this up, if I didn't think people would want to try it. I was on the chat room the other night and mentioned this to about 8 people and they all said they liked the idea. So I figured it was worth bringing up. If I'm not having fun, then I figure at least some other people might not, when asked about it enough people said they would like the change, to make it seem worth the time to post it.

And I won't be starting a second character to fight with... You see there's serveral things about YB I enjoy... I enjoy the IC stuff, I enjoy the fighting, but I don't enjoy winning or lossing.

If I win, it's a hollow victory in my mind, because I harmed someone else, and if I lose I lose rank. Since I enjoy neither winning or lossing, there's simply no point in me fighting at all.

Apprently either the people I spoke to haven't voted, or changed their mind... That's fine, I posted this all to see what people tought, apprently most people like YB like it is, so then we won't change it. I'll just go into semi-retirement and wory about IC stuff rather then fighting.

A small note about Dojo's... Someone I thin Kal said to me "well you could go down to D3 still" But doing that, means my dojo gathers more losses, and if I get enough then I can't accept students. Right now I got a nice buffer for my dojo record, which makes it easier on anyone who wishes to join my dojo.

Last edited:

Remove ads