• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [01]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The Human, dressed in leather and carrieing a battle ax asks, "and who would that be?"

[sblock=OOC] to be bee or not to be bee. that is the question [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas in "The Ruffled Feathers"

The Human, dressed in leather and carrieing a battle ax asks, "and who would that be?"
[sblock=OOC] to be bee or not to be bee. that is the question [/sblock]
"That's not important, really," the Olcán says, giving you the impression that he'd just as soon forget the whole episode, "I was supposed to meet some people here tonight about a new venture....."

[SBLOCK=OOC]To Luxuriantly sip the nectar of one's beeness and to avoid the stings and arrows of life, that is the pinnacle of insectivora.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

"I thank you for the information and the advice. I shall check in with those fellows after I earn my keep." He takes up a suitable spot and begins to strum softly until he has the attention of some of the patrons. The Minstrel is a tall slender Áilleacht lad just entering adulthood. He wears his pale blond hair cut fairly short. His skin is fair and his eyes a pale blue that is almost gray. Most of his gear is cheap and utilitarian, but his bow and quiver are finely crafted. His well worn leather armor is almost too short for him and he carries an old long sword that is unusually thin owing to the numerous times it has been sharpened on a wheel over the intervening centuries since it was first forged. He also has a tightly coiled whip at his belt and battered backpack full of lumpy items. His lute is well cared for, but obviously older than the lad who plays it and well used. He plays a popular tune first and then launches into a faster louder tune with parts suitable for audiance response. The Minstrel is obviously no stranger to public performance and he works the crowd with ease drawing them into the song. He follows up with a somewhat bawdy tune called 'A mercenary life for me,' that tells the story of the misadventures of a hapless young man who is more a lover than a fighter. As he concludes this one he announces, "I must pause and have a sip if the fine ale they serve here. Whet your whistles and I'll be back in ten minutes to sing you the tale of a winsome lass who's errant skirts makes all the lads stand up straight." He across the and joins the knot of fellows at the table with the dwarf and his collection of mugs.

"A fine looking bunch of Mercenary's you are." With a quick look about to make sure no obvious Wolfhounds are within earshot he adds, "Do I have the honor of performing for the new Bees this evening?" He favors you with an engaging grin as he awaits a response.

OOC: Perform check (1d20+7=20)

Leif

Adventurer

Still nervous from the evening's 'near-miss', Houwlou lays a finger across his lips to silence the Áilleacht. "Why, no," says Houwlou as he nods vigorously, "Why do you even ask such a question?"

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

The young elf blinks momentarily confused by the mixed signals and then continues, "Um no matter, Could I join you for a mug?" He asks more loudly. "Miserable night out there, I would appreciate a chance to sit here where it is warm and dry for a bit." He looks over the others clearly sizing them up.

Leif

Adventurer

"Certainly, Sir Áilleacht, we welcome someone with your talent. I am called Houwlou, though some simply call me 'Guide.' "

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Ruffled Feathers - Are We All Here?

The halfling looks around quickly as well before speaking. Directing his attention to Aodhán - and clearly referring to the conversation they were having before Harnry came to the table - he says:

"Never mind, it looks like we're all here. I wish I had time to make everyone's acquaintance, but I promised Kelly - that's my Uncle behind the bar there - that I'd finish out my work here for the night before joining up. Oh, sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. Name's Kecil. I'm a pugilist, among other things, and I'll be the fifth member of your squad assuming all of you decide to sign up after tonight.

Well, Uncle Kelly's giving me the stink eye, so I guess I'd better be about my work! See you tomorrow, bright and ugly!"

With that the dapper little man takes his leave and begins winding his way through the crowd again.

Leif

Adventurer

"Kecil! A business question before you dash off! Has your uncle rooms to let in this fine establishment, and, if so, how dear is his price, praytell?"

OOC: Houwlou is having second thoughts about getting back out in the rain to go home. He's a bit self-conscious about, well, smelling like a wet wolf.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kecil Peroriath

"He does - 2 silver a night, which he'll gladly add to your current tabs. Reckoning due before you leave, whether tonight or in the morning!"

Remove ads