• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [01]

renau1g

First Post
huh. even a dwarf only needs one mug to drink with. he has 4 other mugs, so maybe he is the mercenary i am to join with

Harnreymakes his way over to the table with the dwarf and 5 mugs.

"greetings master dwarf, might I join you for a mug?"

"That all depends on who ye're with. What brings you here friend" the dwarf asks inquisitively.

At the words of the elvish fellow, Aodhan realizes these must be the people he's here to meet and gestures to the empty spots at the table.

"You wouldn't imagine all the people I had to fight off to keep these seats free. What took you so long?" he asks, then remembering himself, reaches out his mailed gauntlet in greeting, "Name's Aodhán Gawain, loyal servent of she who graces us all with her light in the darkness, Lonrach." he continues, his hand absentmindedly rises to his holy symbold as he speaks.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"It sounds like i have found the right group then, as i am guessing the hounds are none to kind with information even in normal circaumstances. Wizard Drextin is my name."

Scotley

Hero
"It is my very great pleasure to meet you all. I am Keeland. I am an archer and well traveled of these lands. I look forward to serving with such a fine bunch of fellows." Glancing at the departing back of the little pugilist Keeland muses, "I do wonder if that halfling's uncle is aware Kecil is planning on joining us tomorrow."

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmpph. I hope that halfling's better than he looks. I wouldn't expect him to last more than 5 minutes in my family's mine." Aodhán says as he pours the others drinks into the empty glasses

"So you thinking of taking the offer?" the dwarf asks plainly and directly.

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

"Hell yes!" The young Áilleacht answers enthusiastically and grins. "I had to play in the rain just to make the two copper needed to get a guide to help me find this place. I'm looking for a chance to have a life of adventure rather than singing about somebody else's adventures."

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas in "The Ruffled Feathers"

"Well, guys, I say we get rooms for the night here. We can double up in two rooms and save some silver. But, man alive! It is not fit for man, wolf, nor beast outside tonight! And if you think my 'winning personality' rubs some half-orcs the wrong way now, you should just see me after a night spent slogging through the rain! Oh, by the way, for any of you who didn't catch my name, I'm Houwlou Groulenas, Warrior and Guide, and I'm truly pleased to meet each of you!"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
" I am pleased and honored to meat all of you and yes, I intend on accepting the position. I would prefer my own room as i need to study my spells and meditate at first light," drextin stands, "at this I must bid you all good night" and then he walks to Kelly at the bar and requests a room.

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm... a rather odd fellow he is. Maybe he just doesn't care for new people. Well, I must agree with you, How-Loo, am I say that right?" he pauses, hoping not to have mispronounced his new allies name.

Continuing "I think a room is well earned after trudging through the rain to get here. I am glad that you are a singer of songs, good elf, for I'm sure there will be long journey's ahead and any entertainment on the open road is welcome." taking a long draught from his mug, and grabbing the glass he had filled for Drextin, no sense letting a good ale go to waste.

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas in "The Ruffled Feathers"

"Yes, friend Aodhán, you have the right of it!" Houwlou says with a wink. "And, while we're on the subject, is it "Ay-yo-dan" or have I committed more butchery?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

Taking his leave of the Mercs, Keeland returns to his lute and plays the promised song. He follows up with a half a dozen others intended to promote singing on the part of the crowd. Finally, as the hour is getting late he glances at Kelly to see if he has played enough...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads