• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC Readied Action]Oh, no, you can tell me what you intend to do! And I can surely set you on that path as soon as your first turn comes up in the initiative order. But you can't ready an action now so that you get to go first in the initiative order no matter what the other guy rolls.

From Core Rules, pg. 223:

The ready action lets you prepare to take an action later, after your turn is over but before your next one has begun. Readying is a standard action. It does not provoke an attack of opportunity (though the action that you ready might do so).

The two things to attend in this are:
  1. Standard Action - Standard Actions are taken within initiative, not outside of initiative, and (even more importantly)
  2. "after your turn is over" - You can't take your first readied action until after you've already had a turn in which to prepare a readied action.

It seemed really counter-intuitive to me at first as well, but it really does make sense.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 4

Houwlou will get ready to prepare an action, in anticipation of any trouble that begins to look like it might possibly occur, to stab the sh** out of any enemy that happens to appear.

[sblock]this is a joke, btw.[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC] To be clear, these coals are still hot? We are under the impression what is in the pots are boiling and the source of the stench? So, it also seems someone is coming here regularly to bank these coals as well? [/sblock]

Tsadok lets the board rest back into place and flips the dagger back to the dirt a few feet in front of his friends. He motions all OK and that he is going to proceed up.

climb check (1d20+9=16)
stealth check while climbing (1d20+10=30)

mleibrock

First Post
And what does he see from the upper level? If there are no windows to see within, he will look for cracks in the roof or corners where the walls meet the roof to enable him to see within

Remove ads