• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
And what does he see from the upper level? If there are no windows to see within, he will look for cracks in the roof or corners where the walls meet the roof to enable him to see within

OOC: HaHa! I was just wondering when you were going to post, then thought - "I wonder whether or not I put a description of the roof . . ." We're in Oxford right now, should be home late-ish tomorrow so it may be Wednesday AM before I get one up, but I will!

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I've been there once -- sophomore year of high school, I think, the band was in a marching contest there. We won some trophy or other, I think, so we at least made the top 3 or 4, I would guess. *shrug*

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Tsadok creeps his way up the wall to the flat roof and has himself a look around. While there are no windows on the second floor for him to peer through, once he reaches the roof there's a gaping hole where a portion of the ceiling has collapsed. Native intelligence leads him to believe that this is the entrance/exit of the creature that Almah's sentries have seen flying back and forth between this building and the Battle Market.

The eager rogue does what he can to look down through the hole without exposing himself to the view of anyone within. From here's it's obvious that the interior of the building is indeed one large room. He can see the same vats and cauldrons he observed from the first floor windows, and can tell as well that the interior is braced with beams spanning the walls at what would be ceiling height for the first floor. Tsadok sees what he believes are taloned feet clutching one of the beams, but the angle is terrible and he can't see any more from up here.

There's a soft, wordless crooning coming from the inside, barely audible over the bubbling from the vats yet strangely compelling never-the-less.

Tsadok's Stealth and Perception Rolls

Remove ads