A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Being completely uncomfortable with the current discussion and not understanding where Houwlou is going, Tsadok will move his attention to the wares in the alchemy shop.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"No sir, no faith at all. Not in these Gnolls, who can't keep a secret to save their lives, and not in you - no offense intended. I don't really know you. And - again, no offense - you don't know Kardswann. Like as not, he can hear us talkin' right now. No sir, a nice, slow and easy build of the business suits me lots better than what waits on the other end of doing things my way instead of his way.

He looks around nervously as he speaks these last words, then gestures to include the other traders in his last remarks.

"Now, if it's all the same to you I think it's gettin' close to time for me to bed down for the night. Tomorrow might just be a little busier for me, and I need my beauty rest. Right boys?"

The other two merchants nod at each other and begin heading off to their beds.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger4

"Very well, then, I guess you know best. Wouldn't want to go making unnecessary trouble. We'll do things Kardswann's way." Houwlou says this for the benefit of the merchants and anyone else who might be in a position to overhear. As he says it, he'll grip Tsadok's shoulder firmly, and give his head an ever-so-slight side-to-side shake as he speaks of doing things Kardswann's way.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger
   Level: Ranger 4
   HP: 44/44     AC: 17  AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+05  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
  Per: 15 (+2 Undead or Desert) HERO Points: 03

BAB: 04       CMB: +7     CMD: 18

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +9        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
Dagger +1 (T)           +8 (+6)   1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +7        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  & Dagger +1           +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     
Longsword (MW)          +5        1d8+3       19-20/x2     
  & Longsword           +4        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin   (M)           +5 (+3)   1d6+3          20/x2     Range 30'

Selected Skills (not all are shown)
Acrobatics -5; Appraise +4; Bluff +5; Climb +2; Diplomacy +3; 
Intimidate +3; Knowledge (nature) +9; Handle Animal +10; Heal +10;  
Perception +15; Profession (Guide) +10; Ride +3; Sense Motive +7; 
Spellcraft +10; Stealth +2; Survival +10; Swim -9

Spells Prepared:
Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
"No sir, no faith at all. Not in these Gnolls, who can't keep a secret to save their lives, and not in you - no offense intended. I don't really know you. And - again, no offense - you don't know Kardswann. Like as not, he can hear us talkin' right now. No sir, a nice, slow and easy build of the business suits me lots better than what waits on the other end of doing things my way instead of his way.

He looks around nervously as he speaks these last words, then gestures to include the other traders in his last remarks.

"Now, if it's all the same to you I think it's gettin' close to time for me to bed down for the night. Tomorrow might just be a little busier for me, and I need my beauty rest. Right boys?"

The other two merchants nod at each other and begin heading off to their beds.

Tsadok pipes up, "Before you go, can you tell me a little about that..."gesturing the Shiver vial... and how much you are asking?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The man follows Tsadok's pointing finger with his gaze. "Ah, that . . . That there is Shiver, brought up here all the way from the jungles of Mwangi where it's distilled from the venom of the Dream Spider. One vial is enough to drop you into the deepest sleep and give you VERY strong dreams. It's also enough to get you hooked for life." He leans in close. "Get caught with it, and you'll spend a half a year in jail before you even get to trial. I'll take 400 gold for the vial."

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Tsadok looks a bit taken back. "Not the best selling point I would think. How is it you are able to sell it if it carries such a penalty? Nevertheless, I would be interested but 400 is much too high. I'll give you 200 for that vial or 350 for two."

OOC - Mike, Tsadok will obviously not say this if he has no gold. I'm looking at my OP character and he has very little money and I've not any on my Hero lab character for some reason. Maybe we don't have much after the party had to buy the spells to heal me. I'll edit my post if you can shed some light on this.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: OK, trying to get this one back on the front burner again. Mike, it looks like you guys have quite a bit of swag, but haven't converted any of it to ready cash yet. You're owed a small amount for the few days you've been a Bee, but I can't see the ready cash you'd need for this kind of purchase.

Nice tie in available here to Sister Lerissa, BTW.

"Sorry, friend, but the price is set that high because it's so dangerous to have, and because it's so damnably hard to get. I've already dropped the price as much as I can and still make any profit on it."

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

OOC: OK, trying to get this one back on the front burner again. Mike, it looks like you guys have quite a bit of swag, but haven't converted any of it to ready cash yet. You're owed a small amount for the few days you've been a Bee, but I can't see the ready cash you'd need for this kind of purchase.

Nice tie in available here to Sister Lerissa, BTW.

"Sorry, friend, but the price is set that high because it's so dangerous to have, and because it's so damnably hard to get. I've already dropped the price as much as I can and still make any profit on it."

OOC - Good call Mike

Tsadok nods acceptingly as his offer is rejected. He lowers his head a bit dejected that he was not able to get this out of circulation.

Tsadok looks to Howlou, "I guess we should try to get some sleep there eh?" To the men of the market, "I'm sorry we weren't able to provide you with any business tonight. But we may be passing though this way again soon so hopefully we meet again soon." Tsadok will make the necessary nicities to take their leave from these men without seeming too hasty and will make their way to their "stall"

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger4

Houwlou says nothing as they make their exit.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger
   Level: Ranger 4
   HP: 44/44     AC: 17  AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+05  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
  Per: 15 (+2 Undead or Desert) HERO Points: 03

BAB: 04       CMB: +7     CMD: 18

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +9        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
Dagger +1 (T)           +8 (+6)   1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +7        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  & Dagger +1           +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     
Longsword (MW)          +5        1d8+3       19-20/x2     
  & Longsword           +4        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin   (M)           +5 (+3)   1d6+3          20/x2     Range 30'

Selected Skills (not all are shown)
Acrobatics -5; Appraise +4; Bluff +5; Climb +2; Diplomacy +3; 
Intimidate +3; Knowledge (nature) +9; Handle Animal +10; Heal +10;  
Perception +15; Profession (Guide) +10; Ride +3; Sense Motive +7; 
Spellcraft +10; Stealth +2; Survival +10; Swim -9

Spells Prepared:
Summon Nature's Ally I
[/sblock]