• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A new beginning.

Ceadren

First Post
(OOC - Well, that was annoying! I just tyed this long email with suggestions of what we should do, but NO! Explorer encountered an error and needed to exit! Anyway... Can two of us take shots form the door we just went into and duck back in when we have to? While the two are distracting the cloaked figure and orcs, the other one goes out the other door. Remaining concealed he/she pops up and attckes form the other wall. Could that work? What else... do we have any green slime jugs left? Maybe we should throw one on the wall/steps so that they cant come up them and attck us. (If we needed to get down that way we could use the grappling hook again.) Nick, can you make a grid map of the whole place? How many turns do Aerlyn and I havr -1 CON? As long as they can't blow up the tower we're in I think we'll be fine.)

GladiusNP

First Post
Map and Quick Answers

Chris - http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/keep_interior.pdf I found this map on the Nec. Games website. You are in the NW tower The wall is 18 feet high, so is climbable. You had only the 1 jug of slime, but there was more left outside. You have -1 Con until you both rest. -1 doesn't change either of your stats. Just don't take too much more!

Kerry - Fallon will be in the sky, ready to swoop down if needed, but otherwise out of harm's way.

Other than that, I need everyone's action for the next round.

WraithSpawn

First Post
"Caedren, position yourself in front of the door and ready your bow. Here we make our stand! Aerlyn, ready thyself!"
(OOC- Ok, here's my plan, you don't have to go by it, but it's the best I could think of (short of a hasty retreat!). Aerlyn, you have to guard the steps down from the tower, so position yourself there and cover us as well as the staircase. If we retreat, we'll need it clear! Caedren, you and I will cover the door we just came through, but first someone has to bar the other door (Nick has informed me that this is, indeed, possible). Aerlyn, could you do that this turn, actually? And then move into position above the stairs next round? I'm going to cast resistance on Caedren, bolstering his saving throws, I'm assuming the black priest will pursue us at this point. Ready an action, Chris, to attack whatever comes through that door (except Aervir, LoL). I'll be in position behind u so I can attack whatever may come through with my spear. If we're pushed back, we can make use of the jugs by the door to cover our retreat (I'm hoping) and I can entangle if we get a good enough headstart.
Dravis steps behind Caedren with his spear at the ready over Caedren's right shoulder. Dravis then bows his head and begins to chant. He grips the mistletoe strewn around his neck, releases it, and places his hand upon Caedren. The air around Caedren seems to shift and shimmer.
OOC- Dravis casts Resistance upon Caedren

Last edited:

Ceadren

First Post
Caedren stands by the door and reaches to his long sword, makeing sure the steel is loose. Feeling the warm tingling of the spell flow into his body through Dravis' hand, he grabs two arrows from his quiver. Nocking them in place, he stands at the ready.

GladiusNP

First Post
Aerlyn finishes barring the door, and moves back to the top of the staircase. The three wait nervously in place, the seconds ticking away. The sound of Caedren's sword rasping in it's sheath is faintly audible. Through the door, muffled cries can be heard. (Listen A - 15, C - 7, D - 5.

Aerlyn only:
Filtering down through the ruined tower roof, Aerlyn hears the sound of shouted orders, and then a hush - in which she can barely discern a chanted incantation.

One round has passed. If anyone wants to do anything this round, let me know with 48 hours - real time!

Aerlyn

First Post
Standing at the top of the stairs and tightly gripping her spear, Aerlyn strains to hear any specific words from outside. She then quickly turns to Dravis and Caedren and whispers:

"They're planning to attack. I can hear an incantation being cast. Prepare yourselves!"

Turning back towards the other door, Aerlyn nervously awaits what's next to come.

GladiusNP

First Post
All three of you hear a loud crash against both doors - one coming after another. A sudden hissing begins outside - sounding like water on a hot griddle. The old, dry wood of both doors suddenly collapses in on itself, as the green slime finally dries up in the sun, having eaten through the wooden doors. Both Caedren and Dravis see three orcs about twenty feet along on the western wall. Aerlyn cannot see much other than the other two in that direction, but can see another three orcs on the other wall. Both groups have orcs preparing to throw jugs of the wicked green slime into the tower.

Caedren isn't caught unawares, however, and as the first large portion of the door falls away, he fires. (Attack Roll - 12 + 4 = 16) His shot takes an orc holding a crossbow in the throat, killing him.

Dravis cannot attack, so he prepares.

There are now two orcs on the western wall, and three on the northern wall. Both sets have orcs with axes and jugs, and one with a crossbow on the northern wall.

Ceadren

First Post
Sorry, not in at the moment...

OOC- Greetings from somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico! We are on a 5 day Western Carribean cruise with Carnival for the next few days. So, we won't be able to post till we get back. Nick did you get the packages I sent you? Talk to you guys later.

Chris & Kerry

Ceadren

First Post
OOC - Who is suppose to post next? Is there a hole in the roof? Can we climb up on to the roof and then jump down on top of the orcs approaching or wait till they go into the tower and them jump down behind them? If we can go on to the roof we should leave the downstairs door to the outside open, so it looks like we escaped.

Remove ads