• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Well, we're either in an illusion too strong for us to pierce or there's a demi-plane pocketed away under Ol' Shamus' barn," Phoenix says, gesturing at the desert. "I say we wait here for an hour or so and if Damen doesn't show up we pick a direction and start walking. Either way, when we get out of here, that 'farmer' is dead."

"I'm guessing that poor village is killed off. This would be most elaborate illusion ever if it is. Let's head that way where there is shade. We can see this point if Damen comes after us."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Argh, all the posts I tried to make from my phone while I was away are gone!
[/sblock]

Tarkus puts his hand on the kobold's shoulder in a fatherly way. "You must be strong. Don't weep for these poor beasts - let your sorrow at their fate fuel your righteous anger! The people who baited their trap with these innocent animals' lives are still up there - or out there - somewhere, and nobody knows what they're up to except us. It is up to US to track them down and deliver vengeance! Ow!" At the height of his tirade, Tarkus staggers slightly and puts a hand to his side. "Must have been more battered in the fall than I thought," he winces. "I'll need to tone down the grand gestures for a while."

"What was I saying? Oh, yes, justice. It's up to us to bring them to justice!" He nods firmly.

[sblock=OOC]
Agreed, lets find some shade. As soon as we have a bit of cover, Tarkus will cast Healing Word on the most injured party members, and then take a 5 min rest to recover it.

renau1g, did we manage an extended rest before we fell? Or a milestone?
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"I don't understand this at all," Papolstaanas mutters disconsolately. "Cyr said that the wolf attack was connected to the happenings in the village... B-but why would they sends wolves after us to, to kill us if they j-just wanted us to fall in this trap? Or were the wolves just responding to... something, maybe driven crazy by... I don't know! Why on earth would they do this to us? We wouldn't be bothering them if they hadn't come to the Hanged Man and asked us to. Maybe Shamus wasn't even in on it... But then, how could he not know there's a giant trap door in his own barn--! Maybe they want us to do something in this desert, and then if we do it they'll let us out? Or back? Or whatever?" he asks, not sounding very hopeful.

Mewness

First Post
OOC: I'm going out of town tomorrow and will be back on the 11th. I'll won't be able to post much during that time, although I'll try to keep up.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Damen]
You feel compelled to jump down the hole. [/sblock]

Damen literally tumbles out of the sky, landing on the sand just as the group is about to depart the scorching sun.

As the group is preparing to decide on a course of action a booming voice comes out of seeming nowhere. "Ah, welcome friends to my playground. You have all been selected to die. I have been paid well to see you all dead, but I'm a sporting man, I give you all an opportunity to live. As you likely figured out by now you passed through a portal and are in Avenroc. There is but one chance for you to escape. If you find it, you shall live, if not, you shall die. It's not much of one, but it's a chance. I shall enjoy watching" the voice says, laughing until it dissipates.

[sblock=ooc]
Damen recognizes it as the elder from the town [/sblock]

The heat is strong and oppressive, and the more natural world attuned of you feels a sandstorm coming on if you wait much longer.

[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION] - no extended rest, no milestone.

Survive in the Desert Skill challenge, Complexity 3, Level 5: (8 successes before 3 failures):

Required:
Endurance - representing 1 hour of exposure to the elements. Failure does not contribute to skill challenge, but costs 1 surge. If you have innate Fire resistance gain +5 to the roll.

Primary:
Athletics, Heal, Nature & Whatever you can justify (if it's far-fetched/unrealistic, I'll apply a penalty)

Secondary:
Whatever you can justify (if it's far-fetched/unrealistic, I'll apply a penalty)

To avoid repeat of skills there's a cumulative -2 on every repeated skill roll. i.e. if you use Athletics in round 1, and round 2, in round 3 there's a -4 to your check.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen stands, a glaze melting from his eyes. There is then cool rage and he speaks softly. The old man dies. We will get out of this trap and then the old man dies. Then, just as soon, the mood is gone and he seems to be back to his jovial self.

He dabs his forehead with a retrieved handkerchief, though the heat seems to barely touch him. Hot, then? Well, best we get out of this surprise death trap. Seems the entire villiage is after us for some reason. And old man—the shadow returns to his eyes just a moment—seems to be the one running the show. A wizard. From what I overheard, its unclear if this is the first time they've done this. Only expected four of us, so, let us make the best of ruining their plan, shall we? Damen scans the horizon, trying to determine if there is anything worth seeing.
OOC: Perception as a secondary/primary/whateverary to see what can be seen: 28 (crit: Remember, counts as two successes during a skill challenge). Endurance of 23

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron idly puffs upon his newly lit cigar as he watches the Drow plummet from the sky. He grins as he lands with a thud.*

Ahh so yee have joined us as well have yee? At least we are all together once again.

*He looks around at the rather rag tag group of mercenaries that we currently are. His eyes scanning over each one in turn. With a light sigh, he remembers his years in the military on his home plane.*

Alright listen up yee maggots!

*He called out sharply.*

Someone needs ta lead this rag tag bunch out of dis damn lands before ya pinkies fry to da bones. That person will be me. Ya got that? I hail from the elemental plane of Fire to me dis is nothing but a walk in da park. Now fall in line and lets move out!

*He comes out in a stern drill sergeant type of ton.*

[sblock=OOC]Kauldron will attempt to use intimidation (Drill Sergeant style) to organize the group and lead them out of the desert as calmly and safely as possible. If your not cool with this I'll edit my post and change to something else.[/sblock]

[sblock=Healing Surge]Kauldron will use a surge to heal the damage he sustained going down.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]How do I make those little grey boxes that everyone seems to be using nowadays?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads