• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

Does this count (it's natural 20 on perception to find shade (and natural 1 to find something to drink so if you take one you can take both :D ) If not, the rolls are bellow:

Invoker looks satisfied at the arrival of the drow.
"The group gods put together is whole again. Nothing can stand against us now."

Deva tries to remember something useful about the plane they found themselves in.
Arcana; Endurance (1d20+11=13, 1d20+2=12) if target DC is 17 or less apply Memory of Thousand Lifetimes (+1d6) to Arcana

but between wounds, oppressive heat and suddenly sharp tone of the canned goblin, he is distracted.

OOC: Sorry, all

Cyr spends 2 surges and looses 1

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix nods to Damen. "I expressed the same sentiment before you arrived."

She gives Kauldron a look that seems to say "for real?" then ignores him, marching ahead of the group, looking for some way out of this desert, or at least a some place where they can shelter from the heat. She's too busy contemplating revenge to be of much use.

OOC: Endurance: 1d20+9+5=17 (forgot to put the +5 for fire resist on my IC roll). Perception: 1d20+8=12. I'm helping!

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas obeys Kauldron without complaint, moving swiftly and picking up equipment that others might not want to carry.

[sblock=checks etc]Athletics, then Endurance: 1d20+7=24 1d20+9=29. Critically hit myself in the endurance.

Papolstaanas spends a surge with Tarkus's healing word: 1d6+4=10 plus his regular 11 gets him back up to full.[/sblock]
[sblock=Papolstaanas]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Battlemind 3
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 11; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:14
+2 defenses against traps
HP: 45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left: 10/13
Action Points: 1
Shifty
Concussive Spike
Conductive Defense
Lodestone Lure
Battlemind’s Demand

Psychokinetic Scimitar Ranged Basic Attack
Second Wind

Oaken Resilience
Aspect of Bitter Ice

Persistent Harrier (immediate reaction): The first time during an encounter that P. is hit or missed with an attack, he can melee attack the triggering enemy, even if it is out of melee range (+8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage). He teleports to a square adjacent to the enemy if he hits.

Blurred Step (special free action 1/turn): If an adjacent enemy marked by P. shifts, P. can shift 1 square in response.

Mind Spike (immediate reaction): If an adjacent enemy marked by P. deals damage to an ally with an attack that doesn’t include P., that enemy takes force and psychic damage equal to the amount its attack dealt to the ally.

Melee basic attack: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.

Power Points: 4/4

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari wipes the sweat from her forehead, and starts looking to see that her companions are okay from the fall, and checking on their general condition for travel.
"One of these days," she says, "I'm going to get used to marching in hot weather."

[sblock=rolls]Endurance: 1d20+5=11
Heal: 1d20+10=16[/sblock]
OOC: I'm going to be away from my computer for the upcoming week, and probably unable to post.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Yessir!" Tarkus barks, falling easily into military discipline. "With your permission, sir, I'll pass out head coverings to protect the troops from this heat!"

Tarkus makes sure each of his companions has a cloth shading their head, ripping up his own tabard to do it. He briefly considers bathing the headcloths in water to keep them cool, but decides that the group's canteens should be kept for drinking. "Why couldn't it have been a desolate icefield?" he mutters. "I know all about marching in the cold!"

[sblock=OOC]
Ok, I've totally lost track of who needs what healing. I guess I'll use my second Healing Word on myself: Healing Word (1d6+4=6) 13 total healing

EDIT: wow, I'm more wounded than I thought I was. I'll spend another surge too. That's 2 surges spent for 20 total healing, bringing me up to 29 hp.

Skill challenge: Heal; Endurance (1d20+10=13, 1d20+2=20) (Heal to keep people comfortable, Endurance to resist the heat. I assume 13 is a fail.)
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 18 Fort: 14 Ref: 13 Will: 18
HP: 29/31 Surges: 7/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:18 Cha:14

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind
Exacting Utterance
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Healing Word
Font of Tears
Angelic Witnesses
Rune of Mending
Symbol of Resilience
Hero's Chainmail
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sorry 'bout that. I thought we were waiting on someone. [/sblock]

The group pushes on through the harsh desert, howling wind blasts sand across their unprotected flesh. The group does it's best to combat the elements, some better than others.

The party's fortunes balance on a knife-edge, a misstep either way and disaster could befall them, but the end of the road is close...

[sblock=Status]
Skill Challenge: 6/8 successes; 2/3 failures

Endurance DC is 14

Had to use memory of 1000 lifetimes Cyr. Success though.

Even once you hit number of successes or failures, I'll need that endurance check from everyone for "this round"

Here's what I have everyone hp/status wise.

Damen Bane: 49/49 hp, 7/7 surges, used 1 AP
Kaeysari: 44/46 hp, 8/10 surges,
Kauldron: 40/47 hp, 8/12 surges,
Cyr Iannes: 32/34 hp, 4/7 surges, used Memory of 1000 lifetimes
Phoenix: 31/36 hp, 7/8 surges,
Papolstaanas: 45/45 hp, 11/13 surges,
Tarkus the Crusader: 29/31 hp, 7/9 surges
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"That voice said we've been transported to Avenroc..." Tarkus muses aloud as the party trudges through the desert. "I've heard the name, but I don't know much about it. A soldier I served with claimed to have visited here once - something about a shipwreck. Let me think if I can recall any landmarks he mentioned..."

[sblock=OOC]
History; Endurance (1d20+7=15, 1d20+2=12)

I'd like to use that History roll to grant a +2 to the next person who tries something navigation related. If that's not possible, I guess I'll count it as a primary skill use.

Oops, I didn't notice Cyr was Aiding Another before I rolled. I should've used Heal again. But that'd give me a penalty because I tried it once already...

I think I lose a healing surge.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Still cool under the sun, Damen attempts to follow Cyr's instructions to assist the others. Its unclear if he is successful.
OOC: Heal (w/ Cyr's assist) and Endurance

Last edited:

Remove ads