• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg moves his ball of flame away from his allies and past the remaining foe. A swift chant causes some fire to fall near the creature as well.

[sblock=OOC] I am guessing that it was the sheer damage dealing from our defenders, but I was happy to help as well. A few daily powers and action points expended also...

I hope that I can target O7, since that is where I am both moving the Flaming Sphere to and dropping a Scorching Burst
1d20+4=22 (vs dragonborn reflex) and 1d6+4=9 (fire damage)

AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 31/31 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Second Wind
Flaming Sphere (used)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=georg]
yes that's fine, the tunnel would keep going a bit so sure.
[/sblock]

Grim launches a fury of blows with his twin bastard swords and cuts deep swaths of blood in the dragonborn defender. Georg's flaming sphere burns the creature and the blast of fire knocks it to the ground, unmoving.

[sblock=OOC]
As this was just about enough to kill it I'll save time (as there's no tension anymore, I'm sure either Xoc, Carolina, Kruk, or Raiyek would hit it at least once and finish it off).

Congratulations, you've just defeated 3 elites enemies! Now what are you going to do :)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk screams in triumph as the black dragon falls. He then moves his attention to the final foe. Kruk attempts to get out of the sewer

OOC: athletics check: 1d20+6=23

As he stands up on the ledge he notices Grim and the sphere of flame finish off the remaining dragonborn. Kruk bangs his axe against his shield, then looses his balance and falls backward back into the shallow part of the sewer. He's so happy that he doesn't care. "We did it everyone! Yessss! Nicely done!...er...can someone give me a hand here.'

industrygothica

Adventurer
"What is it we've done, exactly?" Carolina asks the dwarf in his reverie. "Sure'n we've defeated some nasty foes--ones that should've left us belly-up in this filthy stream--but we've answered no questions as we set out to do."

She looks over at the dragon with one of her bolts stuck in its eye, and can't help but grin. "But that does feel good. Someone look and see if it's missing a tooth."

Tinwe

First Post
Reinvigorated, Grim looks at Carolina "I may hit hard, but it seems your mind is more nimble than mine. I had almost forgotten the tooth." Grim moves over to the dragon and checks its teeth.

[sblock=OOC:]
Grim spends two surges to go up to 16/30 hp.
Congratulations, you've just defeated 3 elites enemies! Now what are you going to do :)
Sleep. I hurt. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=grim stats]

Grim: Male Bugbear Ranger 1
Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 12
HP: 16/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges: 2/7
AC: 16 NAD: 15/14/12 Speed:6
AP:0 Second Wind:not used

Basic Attack: Bastard Sword (large) +7 vs AC 1d12+4 damage

Powers:
Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Hit and Run

Predatory Eye
Off-hand Strike

Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The dragon is indeed missing a tooth and this one matches the others still left in its mouth.

[sblock=Georg]
You'd realize that this creature is a wyrmling version of the black dragon family. You did well stopping it before it grew into a full sized creature. Also you noticed that the bastard sword being wielded by the dragonborn bore a magic aura.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 18]
You notice that the keg appears to have something inside it, from the sound of the rattling.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, now standing in the sewage, states "Now that I'm already wet, I'd be more than happy to swim over and retrieve the keg. That is, unless someone else would rather do it instead." Kruk looks on with a toothy grin waiting for a reply, while small chunks of sewage fall from his beard.

[sblock=renau1g]
would I have to do all of the athletic roll checks to get the keg? I'm prepared to do so if I have to. :)
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg walks up to the dragon and examines it, shaking himself as if a chill comes over him. This was but a wyrmling. If it had been older, I doubt we would have survived at all. He walks over to one of the dragonborn and picks up its bastard sword. This sword appears to have a magical aura. Grim, you may find it more effective than one of the blades you carry.

[sblock=Twine] Xoc can use Inspiring Word during our short rest after the fight. It would give Grim an extra 2d6 for those healing surges[/sblock]

[sblock=renau1g] Should I roll for Georg to determine the magic of the bastard sword? Here is Arcana anyway: 1d20+9=14
I guess I could keep trying.... When do we get XP in L4W?
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Kruk - no need just a waste of dice rolling for you to do it. You can reach it no problem.

Georg - you get XP soon, I just wanted to award the treasure and XP together (easier for Covaithe to approve just the 1 post.

I'll very shortly post the treasure and Xp (Just need to access the wiki, which appears down right now)
[/sblock]

Remove ads