A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Nothing interesting in the pipe, besides dragon droppings. You found some notes before written in Draconic as well (but your DM was rushing to leave for vacation and forgot to post it. See post 202.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg looks at Raiyek and admits It will be at least 50gp but I would like to spend 10gp of my own to add the ritual to my spellbook rather than using a simple scroll. He looks around at their surroundings. Would it not be better to discuss all of this in the streets above, perhaps in The Hanged Man in their back room?

[sblock=OOC] I think a few people are for going out of here, so can we only go to the Hanged Man between games? Otherwise we can go to the tea shop and use their back room. Assume we are doing the one that works, renau1g. In any case it definitely seems like a good time to get treasure, money and XP approved by covaithe if we are going to buy a ritual/etc.

Endurance 1d20+6=11
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
"I'd like to see about getting the hilt on my old sword transferred to this new beauty, but that can wait until we run out of pressing concerns. Let's go get this journal translated, and I'm going to see if I can find anyone to sell me a javelin or two."

Endurance (1d20+5=22)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
It's over.... or is it?

Georg feels feverish as the group is finalizing their plans and preparing to head out of the sewers

Grim however feels fine.

Travelling back to the tea shop, the place is darkened and quiet. As you enter you see a note on the table where you originally met Captain Dumain, along with a small chest. Inside the chest is the gold originally promised to you for your efforts, plus a small bonus for each of you.

The note reads: Firstly, allow me to thank you for your efforts to rid a significant thorn in my side. The Poisoned Shadows were beginning to irk me and so required action on my part to see their attempts to gain inroads into Daunton blunted. This is my turf and nobody will encroach on it. You have done a fabulous job thus far and perhaps I will contact you in the future for additional efforts, but today celebrate your victory and know that the streets are back in control of he who has rightfully earned them. Now, good luck and if we ever meet, hope it's not you who has crossed me, less the head mounted on the wall will be yours.

X"

You now hear some muffled cries and moans coming from a closet in the back. Opening the door you see a bound and gagged gnome, with a burlap sack stuffed over his head. Taking it off the gnome says "Oh thank you heroes, you've saved this poor ol' gnome. I was working here in the tea shop when suddenly I felt a stabbing pain in my back, then darkness. I awoke only a few hours ago with this sack over my head. How'd you find me? What happened...?" he asks.

[sblock=OOC]
Georg contracts Filth Fever (lose 1 HS), Grim successfully overcomes it.

Congratulations. This is the first game I've been involved in that has successfully completed and most of you lasted till the end
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP/Treasure]
XP: Skill Challenge 1 - Catch the gnome!
Complexity 2 - Difficulty 2 - 250 XP

Skill Challenge 2 - Get the Info!
Complexity 2 - Difficulty 2 - 250 XP

Encounter 1: Shadowy Foes - 625 xp
3 x dark stalkers (lowered to level 2) - 125xp x 3
1 x shard-kai witch (lowered to level 6) - 250 xp

Encounter 2: Something stinks down here - 750 xp
1 x gelatinous cube (lowered to level 3) - 300 xp
1 x deathlock wight - 175 xp
1 x corruption corpse - 175 xp
4 x giant rats (minion) - 100 xp

Encounter 3 - What darkness lurks in the depths of Daunton? - 800 xp
2 x Black Dragonborn soldier (lowered to level 2, but add dragonguard template (draconomicon p.250), making it elite) - 500 xp
1 x Black Dragon Wyrmling (upped to lvl 3) - 300 xp

Time XP: 2nd level PCs - 4 months x 104 xp = 416 xp each
1st level PCs 4 months x 83xp = 332 xp each

Quest XP: 150 xp - for defeating the crime syndicate

Total XP: For 2nd level PC's = 981 xp; for 1st level PC's = 897 xp

Treasure:
1) The Ring of the Darkhidden - http://www.enworld.org/forum/4823550-post74.html - Carolina
2) +1 Thundering Battleaxe - http://www.enworld.org/forum/4850424-post202.html - Kruk, 2 potions of healing (tbd)
3) +1 Glimmering Cloth Armour - http://www.enworld.org/forum/4885048-post371.html
4) +1 Lifedrinker Bastard Sword - http://www.enworld.org/forum/4897726-post454.html
+2 Summoned Rimefire Plate - http://www.enworld.org/forum/4897726-post454.html
5) Final reward - 750 gp - 150 gp each
Time Gold - level 2's - 356 gp; level 1's - 252 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=IG]
Yeah, I only planned to run a small adventure. Less risk of ppl dropping out. I might try and put together a sequel to this, after all Mr. X is still at large... I would like to keep it like how LFR adventures are set-up, but more challenging, I find a fewer more difficult encounters work better than many easier fights. I should have probably beefed up the final encoutner a bit to last longer, but was worried about TPK...

As for what's next, I suppose you can update your CS and head back to the tavern, although I might wait until Covaithe approves the treasure/gold.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc] thanks for the adventure renau1g. I loved it
[/sblock]

"Well then, off to the watering whole for many amber waves of grain. I hope to see everyone there. The first, second and third rounds are on me...HA HA HA! We'll see Raiyek after he cleans himself up a bit...HAHAHA!" Kruk leaves the tea shop and walks down the road to the tavern, making no effort to clean the sewage off his armor.

ooc: this action takes place after we get paid and get experience points of course :)

[sblock=everyone]
I look forward to adventuring again with everyone, especially the sequel when it comes about.
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
I'll be waiting for you all in the tavern. Perhaps one of these days we'll get to meet this 'Mr. X'."

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks for the adventure, Renau1g! I'll be waiting to see the next one! Will you have something soon, or should we pick up a new adventure for a bit?[/sblock]

Remove ads