A Spiked Drink

jackslate45

First Post
The pot, upon a secondary glance, seems to be used as a cauldron for potion making. As it bangs on the ground, small splatters hit the ground from its previous use. The shock and fear was probably more that a heavy metal pot was flung in her direction. On the table lies more equipment used for potion making, as well as scatted notes that would require a more through look through.

The woman finally seemed to have made a decision. She looks down with a sneer on her face, and with pure hatred in her voice "It seems that I have underestimated you. I applaud your determination to fight, and to try even capture me. However, know this. I let you live because you amused me. I have more important things to do than waste my time with you. You may have stopped me today, but next time I see you, I aim to kill"

With that, she laughs one last time as the howls from the group rises up from the spell cast.

Systole

First Post
Daylily screams something that barely qualifies as elven, but is undoubtedly a stream of profanity in the Jiragan dialect. He grabs the rope and makes one final throw. "You would have had a clean death today ... but now ... Falshenaya will let you ... LIIIIIIIVE!"

[sblock=ooc]Desperate last attempt with the rope. Not bothering to add the modifiers since it's natural 20 or bust, I'm sure.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 40/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 10 touch)
HP: 48/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +8
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None!
Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage, rage
Rage Remaining: 2[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Even as the rope is thrown, the woman speaks words of arcane power, as though she was waiting for this exact moment. The rope starts to wrap around her as she finishes the spell. Daylily pulls to strengthen the knot...

The rope falls the the ground, clutched in the same shape as the woman it was trying to bind. The knot was formed perfectly; But with no one to grab, it did not matter.

GM: Combat is over. Note that the Howling Agony is still on you, but I am going to say it passes as soon as she gets away.

Systole

First Post
Daylily sags as the rage leaves him, and he spends a few long seconds beyond that fuming silently. Then he gathers his hammer and dagger, and draws his greataxe.

He squats down next to the dead cleric. "Well, mate," he says conversationally, "at least ye had the good sense tae die today, and right quick, I might add. Yer lady-friend will nae be sae lucky when next I see her. But it's time for ye tae go pay a visit tae Speaker o' the Sun Wolf, I reck."

He brings his axe down, decapitating the corpse, and tucks the head under his arm. "If ye'll get yer rope, Tiny Hunter, I suppose we might as well go. Naught but useless wee bits of paper left here."

-Normal-

-Raging-

Current Conditions in Effect: None

jbear

First Post
Relic sinks to his knees despite the muck, more in overwhelming disbelief that he is still alive rather more than from the easing of the spells racking pain leaving his body.

"Yes, we should leave as quickly as possible. Gather as much stuff as you can from the table and the headless man. There may be the evidence we need to be done with this. The sooner we hand the matter over to the Cloaks the better. Her magic is far beyond my miserable skill. I fear I shall never sleep well again in my life until I have mastered the art well enough so that what just passed here never happens again. I believe I'm going to shut myself in a room for a year and do naught but study!"

Relic continues to talk incessantly about nothing in particular and everything between above and below as he scampers around the table clearing and stashing every last scrap and object. Daylilly, who knows the man a little better, might be struck by the fact it is the first time he has heard him babbling if he were the type given to notice such things.
Every now and again a phrase emerges from the stream that has more sense. "... but I'll be right back in there mark my words, Saranna dear, do you think this table could be hiding some sort of secret compartment. Thieves and killers are not always the most trusting of folk and they were working with untrustworty thugs... speaking of thugs perhaps i could hire a thug to stand watch at the door and bring me the milk and cookies so I don't have to the leave the ..."

When he is finished finally he looks at Daylilly.

"The man ... his armour. His things ... I'll strip him but could you carry them ..." turning to the summoned giant "or maybe you? I'll need money to buy new spells. More money. More spells. I'm not leaving a thing behind in these bowels of hell.

In fact even to those who have know him a short time it is fairly evident he is quite beside himself

Systole

First Post
"Claiming his kit, eh? Fair enough, though I werre you'd've said such afore I clipped his knob." The barbarian tucks the head into a sack, then slings the headless body over his shoulder in a fireman's carry.

"Maybe we ought go now, Elder? You're looking summat pale, though I cannae ken the why of it. Sure it's a stench down here, but it's nae so bad as the reek of some of those juices in the wee bottles."

-Normal-

-Raging-

Current Conditions in Effect: None

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling searches the man thoroughly (takes 20 for a 30 perception check) and then helps gather up anything else of note. She decides to remain quiet after the recent experience.

jackslate45

First Post
Both Emet and Holphin seem to have nothing to add. Neither want to relive the memory of what happened, much less stop Relic's sudden stream of words. They just gather up the materials on the desk while Saranna strip searches the man of all his valuables and possessions.

Most of what remains on the table at this point are empty vials, hardly worth anything. In Emet's hand is the cauldron that he threw, full of the books and paperwork that were on the table. In Holphin's hand is the remains of the dead priests clothing, stained from drying up the cauldron for use as a large transportation device.

The items that were found on the priest was a magical breast plate (+1), a morning star with some very dangerous looking spikes (MWK Morning star), some pocket change (4 G), and a ring that seemed to allow him to work for so long while getting little rest (Ring of Sustenance).

It takes minutes to clear the place up, but once everything is completed the only evidence of the battle is the defeated zombies, and the drying bloodstain where Daylily decapitated the priest.

GM:
For finding all the evidence, and for surviving the encounter, everyone gains 600 XP.

jbear

First Post
"Oh no, not claiming the kit for only myself. We have always shared and nothing has changed. Just making sure we leave nothing behind."

Once everything of worth has been collected Relic says: "let us go and take what we know to the White Cloaks. They can deal with this. I want to know nothing more. And I plan to get my moneys worth from that perfume maker who got us into this mess. I am going to need to invest a lot of money in protection! I'm quite certain this E woman is not one who easily forgets a face, and much less the face of one who has annoyed her."

Systole

First Post
OOC: Since I know [MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION] is busy, I have no problem in just doing a single wrap-up post and moving back to the DWI. I don't know how everyone else feels about it.

Remove ads