A Spiked Drink

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Map]
Code:
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]S[/COLOR]l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l[COLOR=PaleGreen] l [/COLOR]l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l[COLOR=PaleGreen] |[/COLOR] l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]H[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=Yellow]G|[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]Gl [/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=Red]Z[/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]l[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]Z[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l |
l l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]E[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lTl[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]T[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lT|T[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l [COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lT[/COLOR][COLOR=PaleGreen]R[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lTlT[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]D[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=Plum]E[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
[/sblock]

"Emet, Finish these Zombies off while we get that witch!"
Holphin shouts, running forward. Wanting to get Daylily closer to the girl, he starts casting the same growth spell on Daylily, in an attempt to get him taller and stronger.

Emet obliges by ripping the closest zombie apart with his claws, finishing off with biting it's head off. The only remaining zombie stands up, but fails to do anything else.

Even as Saranna runs out, something in Holphin's voice calms her. The fear that gripped her seemed to have passed.

[sblock=Init]
Surprise Round
Relic: - Moves Forward
Female - Cannot Act
Everyone Else
??? - Moves Forward
Male -Spiritual Weapon

Round 1
Relic: - Moves Forward, Casts Fear
Female - ????
Daylily - Fails attempt to bring Female down
Saranna - Prepares to ambush Female from above
Emet - Goes forward to engage the other caster. Bites for 12
Holphin - Moves Forward (Still has a standard left)
Zombies - Moves to engage Relic
Male - Cause Fear on Saranna if passing Concentration Check 17 (+12 Concentration) (Will DC 15), Direct Weapon

Round 2
Relic: - Moves Forward, Color Spray (hits Boss)
Female - ????
Daylily - Hammer Smashes
Saranna - RUN AWAY
Emet - Left Right Chomp
Zombies - Move and FALL
Holphin - Greaseing
Male -Dies.

Round 3
Relic: - Shocking Grasp.
Female - Moves away, and vanishes to appear 30 feet above the spot where she was.
Daylily - Attacks and
Saranna - Runs away
Emet - Full Attack on Zombie
Zombies - 1 dies, The other stands up.
Holphin - Starts Casting Enlarge Person on Daylily

Round 4
Relic: -
Female -
Daylily -
Saranna -
Emet -
Zombies -
Holphin -

[/sblock]

GM:
Relic for Round 4.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Good Guys
Code:
Relic: 30/30
Daylily: 40/47
Holphin: 23/23
Saranna: 20/20
Emet: 29/29

Conditions in effect: Mage Armor(Relic), Lingering Rage(Daylily), Bless (All PC's) 

Spells Cast:  Relic, Bless; Male Caster (Spiritual Weapon, Cause Fear);Holphin (Grease)
Bad Guys:Spiritual Weapon(Male)
Code:
Male: Bleeding out -8
Female: 
Zombie A: Dead.
Zombie B
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I know what I want to do but I need Relic's ring to be able to do it.

So what was your ruling on the recharge of the Pearl of Power [MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION] ?

I think the fact it needs a standard action recharge is to stop being able to easily cast the same spell twice in a row in the same combat.

I can honestly say if I had of known that it took a standard action to recharge, knowing we were walking into the Boss Fight, Relic would definitely have reload Color Spray; it's probably his most powerful spell. But this situation requires outside the box ... which means Relic needs access to his spell list via his ring.

So, am I able to assume that Relic used his Pearl and sill has the use of his ring?
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
ooc: Cool. Well ... here goes nothing :)

Relic scans the area for a nearby rope lying about anywhere.

OOC: Effectively Relic delays his turn til after the woman (so she doesn't catch on and ruin Relic's desperate plan) and then:

If there is one, he shouts the following at Daylilly while pointing at the rope wildly:

"Throw that rope up at her Daylily. Maybe I can catch her with my magic and you can pull her down to the ground!"

If he can't see a rope (probably not an uncommon object in a villain's lair?) he instead curses and shouts:

"DO any of you have a rope! I haven't gone daft! I need a rope!"

OOC: Still delaying until one of his companions can throw a rope at the woman where upon he will cast Animate Rope on it and if it manages to entangle her we can pull her down to the ground. If anyone thinks that's a really dumb idea just tell Relic to go bury his head somewhere dark :D

Songdragon

Explorer
Saranna returns to the battle and hearing for rope pulls off the coil of silk rope from her backpack as she moves back to the entrance of the cavern/room, "I have rope!"

((Since Relic delayed until after whomever... Saranna returned with a double move, drawing the rope of the backpack as she does so.))

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Map]
Code:
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l[COLOR=PaleGreen] l [/COLOR]l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l[COLOR=PaleGreen] |[/COLOR] l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]lBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlB[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]S[/COLOR]l[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]BlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBlBl[/COLOR]
l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]H[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l[COLOR=Magenta]R[/COLOR]l[COLOR=Yellow]G|G[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]E[/COLOR]l[COLOR=Yellow]G[/COLOR]l[COLOR=Plum]E[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l |
l l l l l l l l lTlTlT|Tl l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l lTl[COLOR=PaleGreen]R[/COLOR]lTlTl l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]DlD[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]DlD[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]H[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
[/sblock]

Relic's eyes grow wide as understanding of the magnitude of their foes power dawns upon him. Terror in his voice:

"Daylilly! Retrieve your hammer and let us flee for our lives! This evil woman has power enough to strike us down in an instant. Hope is lost!"

The woman laughs at Relic's announcement, and says "At last you understand. You are mere playthings, toys for my amusement. You dare raise a weapon at me? To touch me?!"

"You. Are.
NOTHING" At the last word, a unnatural chill fills the room, causing both Relic and Daylily, both of whom seem to be at the brunt of her wrath, start to shiver slightly. "Know the power of the leader of the Plagues Hand!! "

Even as she acts, Emet and Holphin desperately work to finish off the rest of the zombies. Emet rips though the last one, destroying it utterly.

The witch, seeing the now larger Daylily, float closer to the center of the room, and just seems ready to unleash something...bad.

Holphin, at once understanding what Relic is doing, runs over to Saranna, grabs the rope, and gets ready to throw it at Daylily, knowing full well that he does not have the strength of arm or skill to make such a throw.

[sblock=Init]
Surprise Round
Female - Cannot Act
Everyone Else
??? - Moves Forward
Male -Spiritual Weapon

Round 1
Female - ????
Male - Cause Fear on Saranna if passing Concentration Check 17 (+12 Concentration) (Will DC 15), Direct Weapon

Round 2
Female - ????
Daylily - Hammer Smashes
Saranna - RUN AWAY
Emet - Left Right Chomp
Zombies - Move and FALL
Holphin - Greaseing
Male -Dies.

Round 3
Female - Moves away, and vanishes to appear 30 feet above the spot where she was.
Daylily - Attacks and
Saranna - Runs away

Round 4

Female - Evil eye on BOTH Daylily and Relic.
Saranna - Double Moves, gets the rope ready.
Zombies - Tries to charge Emet, but ends up face down again...
Emet - Destroys the last zombie.
Holphin - Runs over to Saranna, grabs the rope, and gets ready to throw it to Daylily
Daylily -

[/sblock]

GM:
Daylily/Relic, I need Will Saves DC 20 for Evil Eye for -4 to saving throws. Success is 1 round, failure 8 rounds/ the end of combat. This is a mind -affecting effect.

I also had Saranna/Holphin/Emet act. The only threat left is the Leader of the Plagues Hand.

You can make a Know Local/Religion to learn more about the Plagues Hand.

I also used Holphin's Saved Standard Action now, in order to grab the rope and throw it.

Good Guys
Code:

Conditions in effect: Mage Armor(Relic), Lingering Rage(Daylily), Bless (All PC's) 

Spells Cast:  Relic, Bless; Holphin (Grease)
Code:
Female: 
Zombie B
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily grits his teeth but feels the chill of dark magic worm into his mind. He's not sure what Elder Storyteller is shouting about, but readies himself for something unexpected.

[sblock=ooc]Not sure what the plan is. Grab the animated rope once it's tossed?[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 40/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 10 touch)
HP: 48/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +8
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None!
Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage, rage
Rage Remaining: 4[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Oh dear ... I haven't rolled higher than 10 in a loooong time ... let's see ...
EDIT: A natural 1 ... seriously?? That does not bode very well ... All her spells of that level will now nearly always automatically work on Relic ...

Relic feels the magic invade his senses ... he struggles to resist the woman's obvious superior power ... but she invades his mind filling him with dread and fear, weakening his defenses mind, body and soul.

OOC: If someone makes a ranged touch attack with the rope at her I can ready an action to cast animate rope at the moment of contact and attempt to entangle her. Once entangled she'll have trouble casting and we can pull her towards the ground so Daylilly can mash her brains! Or at least that is my rather fragile plan... which has to work pretty much first go ... cos' next round we're going to drop...

"I feel Death walk hand in hand with the Wind! The Gods! What a dark blessing! Has my cursed life finally come to its end!?"

Relic hops down from the table avoiding the area of grease and zombie remains, moving a good distance away from Daylily so the woman can not kill them both with a single spell. He stays within range of his clouded vision and prepares his spell, ready for Daylily to throw the rope up at their enemy:

In elven:
"Daylilly! Throw the rope at her! Keep hold of one end! I will bring it to life with my magic! Wrap her in it! Trap her in it! And you can pull her down to the floor! Where you can reach her!!"

[sblock=actions]
Move off table and diagonally right to be about 25' away from the woman.
Ready Animate Rope for when someone throws it up at her in order to entangle her up and wrap it around and knot it around her, leaving the long end dangling down to the ground hopefully in Daylillys hands, ready to pull her to the ground ... hopefully ...
[/sblock]

[sblock=Relic] (Lvl 4) Human Wizard 3/Oracle 1
HP: 30/30
AC: 18 Touch 14 FlatFooted 16
Initiative: +4; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Status: Mage Armor, Bless, Evil Eye for 8 rounds (-4 to all Saves)
Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +6
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Ray of Frost, Mage Hand, Daze, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp: USED; Sleep; Colour Spray: USED; Cause Fear: USED
Bonded Ring:Readied to use Animate Rope on woman
Pearl of Power (lvl 1): USED
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 0/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (48/50) charges
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions
Scrolls prepared for Battle: Magic Missile
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=Map]
Code:
l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]H[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l[COLOR=Magenta]R[/COLOR]lG|Gl l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]R[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]E[/COLOR]l[COLOR=Yellow]G[/COLOR]l[COLOR=Plum]E[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l |
l l l l l l l l lTlTlT|Tl l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l l lTl[COLOR=PaleGreen]R[/COLOR]lTlTl l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]DlD[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l l l l l l l[COLOR=PaleGreen]DlD[/COLOR]l l l[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]H[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
[/sblock]

With a running start, Holphin throws the rope all the way across the room,
landing neatly not far from Emet. Emet grabs the rope and tosses it the rest of the way to Daylily.

The woman finally realizes what is going to happen, and yells "HOW DARE YOU CONTINUE TO DEFY ME?!?"

GM:
Daylily, I need a ranged touch attack at - 4 with the rope against the woman. She is allowed a Reflex Save to avoid the rope, but if that fails she is considered entangled.

We are down to the last few rolls for this fight :devil:

Relic: You cannot recall anything about the Plague's Hand for now, but if you survive you might be able to find more information on it.

[sblock=Init]
Surprise Round
Female - Cannot Act
Everyone Else
??? - Moves Forward
Male -Spiritual Weapon

Round 1
Female - ????

Round 2
Female - ????
Daylily - Hammer Smashes
Saranna - RUN AWAY
Emet - Left Right Chomp
Zombies - Move and FALL
Holphin - Greaseing
Male -Dies.

Round 3
Daylily - Attacks and
Saranna - Runs away

Round 4

Female - Evil eye on BOTH Daylily and Relic.
Saranna - Double Moves, gets the rope ready.
Zombies - Tries to charge Emet, but ends up face down again...
Emet - Destroys the last zombie.
Holphin - Runs over to Saranna, grabs the rope, and throws it to Daylily
Daylily -

[/sblock]

Good Guys
Code:

Spells Cast:  Relic, Bless; Holphin (Grease)
Code:
Female: 
Zombie B
[/sblock]

Remove ads