A Spiked Drink

jackslate45

First Post
"You are nothing but an ant, crawling around in the ground, looking up at the sky in wonder and amazement. " The female said, as the hammer flys forward to only slam against some force 3" from her face. "You fight for your lives; you try to understand the world and make it your own. You do not even see that, on the horizon, something far worse comes to kill you all. Writhe in the pool of your own ignorance. "

Relic: Most flight spells that you can think of have a short duration, but there is one that wizards of significant power can cast on them selves. It is rumored to last many hours, allowing the freedom of flight. You have a strong feeling that this is that spell (Overland flight). In addition, the spell the seemed to have protected the female is a basic form of protection any caster can preform (Mage Armor)

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: Overland flight is a level 5 spell ... so she is at least a lvl 9 wizard ... With an absent summoner (lvl 3?), a fleeing rogue (level 3?) and a brave but all be it unarmed barbarian (in so far as he can't reach her) along side a newly turned level 3/1 wizard oracle(may as well say level 2/1 as I don't have the new lvl 2 spells yet) ... Relic is going to flee. I think we missed our one shot to kill her before she began unleashing. I'm very fond of him and I can only foresee a massacre (with us being the ones massacred). Any objections?

jackslate45

First Post
GM: Do you think the judges would have allowed me to put in a high level caster with the intent that it will lead to a total party wipe? She is there to make you know your place, which Relic now understands. I can guarantee she will cause no deaths.

EDIT: Remember, she had the opportunity to act before the rest of the party did. If I wanted to I could have cast any number of things that could have made this fight that much harder, but instead she readied a spell that never triggered.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: I realise she has been slow to act and you are deliberately not using her full power. A fact we have not been able to capitalise on.

Apart from that, one of our players is absent. Probably the only one who could maybe annoy her with summons of flying foes. No idea. And apart from that another is under a Fear spell. Apart from that I'm out of spells that can affect her. Apart from that our barbarian can't reach her nor will he be able to in the near future.

Now that we have annoyed her ... how does her not killing us even make sense?
I'm not all together sure what you mean by she is there for us to know our place. The only thing I know is that I have no place getting into a fight with her.

So as long as none of my party members object I suggest we flee with Saranna, who in the end has taken the only wise course of action.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Alright. Well ... Relic isn't going to leave Daylilly behind despite his masters very strong instinct to flee ... so I guess we'll see how this plays out.

Relic's eyes grow wide as understanding of the magnitude of their foes power dawns upon him. Terror in his voice:

"Daylilly! Retrieve your hammer and let us flee for our lives! This evil woman has power enough to strike us down in an instant. Hope is lost!"

jackslate45

First Post
OOC: Also, feel free to talk to her as she makes her commentary. She already has revealed something important that everyone seems to have missed...

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Since it was not said to me as of yet... 1d4=2 for cause fear... ))

Saranna does not seem to assured by Holpin and continues to flee...

((Puts her off the map by 10 ft, with a double move... and she would not have caught anything the woman said, as she had to flee...))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini Stats] Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 3
Initiative: +3 Perception: +10
Conditions: frightened (ended at the start of her next turn)
AC: 19 (14 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 20 of 20
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +7 Will: +4
In Hand: rapier +7 (1d4 (+2d6 sneak) & buckler[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
OOC: Careful that Saranna doesn't run into the Geletinous Cube as she flees. I suspect that is what approaches. Relic only sees out to 30 ft and he is somewhat distracted, so he is not really on the look out for more enemies. [MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] Maybe you could NPC Holphin? IVV is lost in action and the situation is ... well ... you know ...

Systole

First Post
OOC: I don't feel comfortable taking over someone else's character. It's seems rather invasive to me. I'd rather have jackslate continue to do it.

I noticed she mentioned she was working for someone, but at the moment, Daylily just doesn't care.

Remove ads