• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Teacher for Laynie: Mystery at the Academy (Part 2)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Laynie, I think I need to spend some wandering time alone, but I promise I'll be back as soon as I can, and then maybe I can take you along for a bit, ok?"

Seeing a bit of doubt, he pulls a ring off his finger, "Laynie, this ring is one of the few things I've been told comes from my parents, and it means a lot to me. I want you to have it, at least till I come back, and I promise to do so soon. You keep up your studies, listen to Lex and Truman, and keep in touch with Rayne as well, and I'll be back in no time. I promise."

OOC: Yeah, he's making that ring thing up, but he does promise, so he's not exactly bluffing ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: How would heading back after his next adventure help, though? :lol: Won't he be even higher level by then? So, is he leaving during the night, then, or out in the open?)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"But why can't I come with you, Vanitri? I promise I won't get in the way, and I want to give the world a chance like you always taught me...They aren't going to let me go to school yet, and so I'll be all alone...are you just saying that because you want to leave me all alone again?" tears come to her eyes.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: It won't be to take Lex with, though she's welcome to come then. It's a timing solution, and one that lets him take Laynie to see the freefolk, and RP coming back to say hi, without messing with your time line. And in all likelyhood, he'll slip out in the eve, after saying goodbye to Lex, so Laynie's asleep when he does go, but he's not going to sneak out on Lex.

OOC2: KO said that if I had wanted to take Lex, a modified leadership feat might be in order, and that in theory, we could have bought off the leadership later with GM credits or some other thing. I nixed it though, but we may end up talking a little bit about the credit thing because that is a potential idea.

OOC3: I e-mailed Manzinita asking him about taking Laynie along, if he says yes, Vanitri will change his mind.

"Laynie, don't cry. You know that I adore you. And I certaintly don't want anything to happen to you. I just need a little time to myself, that's all. And I realy will be back for you, I promise."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You're going to go off and do something dangerous, aren't you? Please don't leave me all alone! If you won't let me come with you, then I'll just have to go out and explore by myself..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC2: Indeed, the credit thing is a potential idea--pay GM credits for unusual . above average cohorts or some such?)

(OOC3: As long as he didn't create an adventure where a high Spellcraft will mess with it, it should be no biggy--he's also the creator of the Academy, so if anyone likes Academy NPCs, well... :D)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC2: No, the sharing of GM credits with someone else. Me using them on your character.

OOC3: Laynie's an accademy NPC? :p Yeah, we'll see.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Laynie, You know I want what's best for you, right? I promise you, I won't leave you alone till you're ready, but I need you to stay here and stay strong little one. Besides, I'm trusting you with a very important task. I need you to keep Lex out of trouble."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads