A Warping of the Blood

Jolmo

First Post
Ke'ch'rhal, Dracha

*Ke'ch'rhal reflexively touches his wound while hissing in anger and pain before focusing himself on getting to the enemy.*

"Archers behind a waterpit," he informs the others.

*He then lowers himself into the water while holding on to the edge. If he touches bottom, he will move forward, if not, he will pull himself back up again.*

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*While Balthazar waits, Ke'ch'rhal informs the others of what he knows, and slowly lowers himself into the pool, hanging tightly onto the ledge. His feet do not touch bottom, so he heaves himself back up again. Scinathar waits, while Vayj feels Soevi making some kind of gesture.*

"I'm summoning some help for us," she whispers to Vayj.

*Two more arrows shatter against the walls. Scinathar, Ke'ch'rhal, Ra-Pharod, Soevi, Leondegrance, and Vayj hear a faint intake of breath, almost with a sobbing tone, from farther ahead. Leondegrance starts to back up and runs into Scinathar, almost stepping on the mojh's tail. Vayj whispers his advice to Soevi, while Ra-Pharod kneels to make himself a smaller target.*

OOC -
Balthazar - 25
Ke'ch'rhal - 22
Scinathar - 20
Soevi - 18
Enemies - 17
Leondegrance - 14
Vayj - 11
Ra-Pharod - 6

ender_wiggin

First Post
"Forward," whispers the giant. "Forward! The magical darkness must have its limits. If there's a waterpit I imagine the darkness must end not far past it. Swallow your fear -- if Ke'ch'rhal is right they must be firing at us blind."

*The giant nudges the person in front of him, and wonders what kind of a hypocrite he is.*

RillianPA

First Post
Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva - Spryte

*Balthazar activates his spell like ability Dispel Magic targeting the area that is dark.*

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Ke'ch'rhal, Dracha

*Ke'ch'rhal ignores the prodding from behind, and instead takes his time to take a small box from his pouch. He opens it to let out a strong smell of burning incense and moves it around his body, letting the smell help focus his mind on crossing the water in the dark.*

*After a few long seconds he is ready. He jumps as far as he is able, extending his wings as much as there is room for, while trying not to bump his head in the ceiling. If landing in the water, he tries to swim the, hopefully short, last bit.*

OOC - Jump +8, Swim -12. Using Skill Focus for +10 to the swim check.

Erekose13

Explorer
*Scinathar follows the others' lead, striding forward when there is space and generally trying to avoid the random arrows but having nothing to add but confusion.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Balthazar attempts to banish away the darkness about them, but finds no active magic to dispel. Ke'ch'rhal is in a passage barely five feet wide and only five feet tall. He's half-crouched over and tries to unfurl his wings, nearly hitting Balthazar, Soevi, and Vayj before they smack into the walls. Gathering his strength, and having no room to make a running jump, he attempts to spring across unknown lengths and above unknown depths. He makes a leap of faith... and lands with a hearty splash that wets Balthazar and soaks the hem of Soevi's robe. Ke'ch'rhal, weighed down by all his gear, finds himself sinking, the water well over his head.

Scinathar edges forward and nearly bumps into Leondegrance. Edging about the human, the giant, the faen, and the two sprites, and mindful of the Dracha's warning, it feels the way ahead with its toes. If finds the edge of the waterpit and hears some faint spashing therein. There's a pair of odd squishing noises from farther ahead, followed by some panicked shouts. "Arg! Where'd they come from?" "It's got me, it's got me!" "Ow! Damnit, it bit me!" "What in the name of Argatha's left nostil is going on? Ow!" "It's pulling me in!" Soevi starts to snicker as she turns around.

"Friend mojh, this will let you walk above the water, though you'll have to push yourself along the wall," she whispers as she traces a rune over Scinathar's heart. It feels lighter, and even though it's nearly bent over double by the small space, its feet hover an inch off the ground. Two more arrows shatter on the walls next to its head.

Leondegrance raises his shield and steps forward, squeezes past the giant and pauses right behind Scinathar. Vayj waits, not wanting to leave Soevi's side, while Ra-Pharod urges the others forward

OOC -
Balthazar - 25
Ke'ch'rhal - 22
Scinathar - 20
Soevi - 18
Enemies - 17
Leondegrance - 14
Vayj - 11
Ra-Pharod - 6

Balthazar dispels but finds no magic. Ke'ch'rhal gets a 12 on his jump check and lands in the water. He gets a 2 on his Swim check, and sinks like a rock wrapped in another rock. Scinathar advances. Soevi's rune goes off and she casts levitate on Scinathar. The enemies take 2 and 3 points of damage from her rune. Leondegrance advances. Ra-Pharod talks.

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
Lord Balthazar D’still y Aybara de Silva - Spryte

*Balthazar pulls out a sunrod and activates it*

ooc: I'm not sure how much of his actions that takes, if he has any movement left, he will move forward along the wall.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you Soevi, that will work well." the Mojh says, it's respect for the little non-mojh rising.

*Scinathar begins moving above the water, using its hands on the ceiling to move. If the mojh manages to exit the darkness, its darkvision will kick in, hopefully at the right time to spot the dracha drowning and help.*

Remove ads