• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Action Stuff

The_Universe

First Post
I do wish I had used them at the beginning of the campaign - it would have granted it more of the "swashbuckling" feel that I originally wanted KoA to have, but kept getting pushed to the background.

Dwarves were supposed to be the only race with heavy armor! :p ;)

Xath said:
I just thought it was a nice change. Sometimes we take the drama of the game too seriously OOC as well as taking it IC. It was just nice to have something to lighten the mood. But I'm not particularly attached to them in KoA in any way. I would like to see them in other stuff we play.
Yep - pretty much my thoughts, too.

They were a fun thing to try out and really did help to lighten the mood (at least, from what I can bring my still aching brain to remember)...

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
I just thought it was a nice change. Sometimes we take the drama of the game too seriously OOC as well as taking it IC. It was just nice to have something to lighten the mood. But I'm not particularly attached to them in KoA in any way. I would like to see them in other stuff we play.
At the very least, I'll use them again. Definitely. Mik and I had talked about using them in some of his games, as well while I was trying to decide how many cards to give you.

One (to start) was definitely enough. As Alain Nightgrove can tell you, even a relatively insignificant card can prove deadly.

Laurel

First Post
I think they need time and at least one more chance. They did lighten the mood, but they also spiced things up changing things for Kennon as well as for us which added that extra flavor. I also think since it was the first time using them (I at least) just wanted to use em and see what happened. As we get used to them I think we will play them almost IC and that alone will change things.

And they did not all get a chuckle- one I used was to have woodshadow's daughter leave, and thus we gained a prisoner (that still thinks I'm Selura -something to remember when we start questioning!) since Kareth bashed her over the head as she was trying to flee.

This had a big impact on things, and shows that while some of the time they will be silly and lighten the mood (something personally I think we need more of- the light mood not the sillyness) most of the time they will not be used in silly fashions.

The_Universe

First Post
I think giving them one more try (at least) probably can't hurt. As annoying as having a useless nightgrove was, the rest of it was pretty cool.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
I think giving them one more try (at least) probably can't hurt. As annoying as having a useless nightgrove was, the rest of it was pretty cool.
I don't remember how many said that the PC could pick the person or item it pertained to, but maybe for all those that don't say PC decides specifically it is DM's choice completely? If you want you can ask who the card holder pick, but esentially it's all DM's choice......
I for one can say that they would still change things, but won't ruin things or change them rediculously.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
I don't remember how many said that the PC could pick the person or item it pertained to, but maybe for all those that don't say PC decides specifically it is DM's choice completely? If you want you can ask who the card holder pick, but esentially it's all DM's choice......
I for one can say that they would still change things, but won't ruin things or change them rediculously.
That's probably a good idea. Unless they specify, from now on they will be GM's choice.

Laurel

First Post
Mistaken Identity​

Play: Any time

Effect: A character is mistaken for someone else.

Card used in last game-- So if used by a PC this card is directed at only one NPC being mislead of the PC's identity? And thus if used by a NPC it only effects one other NPC or one PC?

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Mistaken Identity​

Play: Any time

Effect: A character is mistaken for someone else.

Card used in last game-- So if used by a PC this card is directed at only one NPC being mislead of the PC's identity? And thus if used by a NPC it only effects one other NPC or one PC?
It's up to DM's (my) discretion. In that case, during combat, everyone thought you were who you said you were until you started killing them. At that point, it became relatively obvious that you were not. Nightgrove just sucked at Sense Motive - so he stayed fooled until he died.

Remove ads