• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AD&D needs a lil' love. Favorite PCs/concepts/race-class combo's...

dagger

Adventurer
We are currently swapping between 1e and [notranslate]Pathfinder[/notranslate]. I am starting a 1e game for a few months during our PF break and am going to run T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil.

THis is the group as its constructed right now:

Elf Ranger/Cleric
Human Fighter
Dwarf Fighter/Cleric
Human Paladin
Halfling Thief

I have two more players but they have not finalized what they want to run yet. I have banned assassins and illusionist. I also am not using level limits but I give humans +1 to any stat of choice. Other than that and combat/initiative its BTB (including system shock rolls for Haste).

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
My favorite was my fire genasi fighter/magic-user who could make his weapons do fire damage just by holding them. I know it was probably broken, but I absolutely loved Skills and Powers.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
2E: Avariel Bladesinger

I kind of like this, just because it is like the apex of 2e elf-twink, and still lots of fun. :) "I am a fighter/wizard who is better than a fighter/wizard but also I have wings and a sword made of steel-like glass, BUT GUYS I AM CLAUSTROPHOBIC SO IT IS TOTALLY BALANCED!"

Had a soft-spot for avariel, I did.

Leif

Adventurer
Well, back in the day....

When I was in middle school and early high school, my favorite character was a C/N, Elven Magic-User/Thief. He was my pride and joy and man he was a back-stabbing, magic missile slinging terror.

In more recent times, I find that I'm much more drawn to playing Fighters, and Human Fighters at that. Rangers do get a nice HP boost at first level, and it can even extend to second or third if they're lucky. But generally by 4th level a Fighter is on par with a Ranger, and surely by 5th or 6th, the d10 hit die of the Fighter proves to be superior.

Last edited:

Remove ads