Additional Paladins from UA

Bront

The man with the probe
I'd like to propose that we allow the 3 Paladin variants in UA. Paladin of Freedom, Paladin of Slaughter, and Paladin of Tyrany.

The basic upshot is that they are CG, CE, and LE, get slightly different auras, for the evil ones, they get smite good, rebuke undead, cause disease, and deadly touch (inflict instead of heal with lay).

There is one or two class skill swaps, as well as a few spell changes, but nothing major.

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erekose13

Explorer
Do we have gods that cover each of those portfolios? While a paladin (of whatever type) doesn't have to follow a god, most do and are driven to such religious furor by their deity's beliefs.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Do we have gods that cover each of those portfolios? While a paladin (of whatever type) doesn't have to follow a god, most do and are driven to such religious furor by their deity's beliefs.
The new philosophy in limbo, the new tyrant demigod in limbo, and Disnomia all might support PoT. PoF fits for Azwan but is the wrong alignment, so it wouldn't work. PoS is tougher, since we don't have any of those stupid boring Erythnul-type gods. I could easily whip the PoS into shape to become a Paladin of Seduction for Amphousa and perhaps Urdiga. Also, we could add in a Paladin for Neutral Good (Paladin of Benevolence?) and Neutral Evil (Paladin of Corruption :]).

Bront

The man with the probe
PoS has one, Taurusk, CE god of war and bloodshed.

Pof, Grendath, CG god of luck, heroism in battle, freedom, and exploration.

PoT, the potential tyrany god, or one of the aspects of your couruption goddess.

And any of the more neutral gods, Hyrag might bless a normal Paladin and a PoF.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
PoS has one, Taurusk, CE god of war and bloodshed.

Pof, Grendath, CG god of luck, heroism in battle, freedom, and exploration.

PoT, the potential tyrany god, or one of the aspects of your couruption goddess.

And any of the more neutral gods, Hyrag might bless a normal Paladin and a PoF.
Oops, I forgot Taurusk--guess we *do* have a stupid boring Erythnul type god. At least we don't have a Nerull :heh:

Patlin

Explorer
Do we really need these? I'm not voting no at this point, but the CE one especially seems pretty silly.

SRD said:
Code of Conduct

A paladin of slaughter must be of chaotic evil alignment and loses all class abilities if she ever willingly commits a good act. Additionally, a paladin of slaughter's code requires that she disrespect all authority figures who have not proven their physical superiority to her, refuse help to those in need, and sow destruction and death at all opportunities.

This is the core of a whole character class? What's the point?

If you have some great character concept you want to play, please feel free to explain it. That would help me understand what these classes would contribute to EN World.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
Do we really need these? I'm not voting no at this point, but the CE one especially seems pretty silly.

This is the core of a whole character class? What's the point?

If you have some great character concept you want to play, please feel free to explain it. That would help me understand what these classes would contribute to EN World.
I agree with you that the CE one is silly--that's one reason I proposed a far-cooler CE paladin :)

Bront

The man with the probe
The Paladin of Freedom and Tyrany are much more interesting, I just brought them togeather as a whole.

The evil ones are good baddies.

Remove ads