Additional Paladins from UA

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
The Paladin of Freedom and Tyrany are much more interesting, I just brought them togeather as a whole.

The evil ones are good baddies.
I agree that Freedom and Tyranny are better. I don't even think that the PoS is really that interesting of a baddy. PoT is though :]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
He has potentialy appropriate abreviations though ;)
I know--I realised that as I typed it the first time a few days ago :D

Seriously, though, we shouldn't let dislike of that boring PoS divert attention from the more interesting PoF and PoT.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I know--I realised that as I typed it the first time a few days ago :D

Seriously, though, we shouldn't let dislike of that boring PoS divert attention from the more interesting PoF and PoT.
Agreed, particulary when they are also good tie in with existing or incoming deities.

Patlin

Explorer
I'm going to vote NO on the Paladin of slaughter.

I'm tempted to vote no on the Paladin of Tyranny as well, on the theory that NPC's don't need to have aproved classes. That seems a bit harsh though, so I'll reserve judgment on PoT and PoF pending further discussion.

Bront

The man with the probe
I thought NPCs still did? You just had free reign on monsters. Besides, there are a few people looking for evil PCs.

Patlin

Explorer
I suppose an npc would need aproved classes if you wanted to make him public. Not, however, if you just want to have him show up in an adventure. Why, are you thinking of creating a PoT who rules one of the LEW cities or something?

DerHauptman

First Post
Patlin said:
I'm tempted to vote no on the Paladin of Tyranny as well, on the theory that NPC's don't need to have approved classes. That seems a bit harsh though, so I'll reserve judgment on PoT and PoF pending further discussion.

Just curious what makes you think that the PoS and PoT are only going to be used for NPC's? As of now in LEW (and hopefully forever) evil characters are allowed.

I love the PoS and even thought about it for my Evil Cleric. It'd be really hard to play though because of the association with good character rule.

I guess a Paladin of Trickery would be a good one to have since he'd be able to have say a class skill to hide his alignment and fit in with a mixed party through subterfuge.

Rystil Arden

First Post
DerHauptman said:
Just curious what makes you think that the PoS and PoT are only going to be used for NPC's? As of now in LEW (and hopefully forever) evil characters are allowed.

I love the PoS and even thought about it for my Evil Cleric. It'd be really hard to play though because of the association with good character rule.

I guess a Paladin of Trickery would be a good one to have since he'd be able to have say a class skill to hide his alignment and fit in with a mixed party through subterfuge.
I'd say a PoS wouldn't even fit well in most evil campaigns. As for a Paladin of Trickery / Seduction, yeah, subterfuge and corrupting the innocents slowly to evil is so much cooler and easier to fit in a group :] Bwahahaha!

Bront

The man with the probe
The Paladin of Slaughter is more boring than anything (woho! I randomly kill things... for god!), and it's crede is kinda stupid and counterproductive. If you think you can revise it to be a more subterfuge type, then go for it. Probably not hard with just a few tweeks.

As for the PoT, I'd ponder it, but with a few Tyrany philosophys and deities in the works, I think it's probably not a bad idea to have it out there even for players, and DerHauptman is right, in that evil characters are allowed, so we shouldn't disaprove of something simply because it's evil.

Remove ads