Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Invisible Castle/Immediate Actions]In the future, if Invisible Castle is down post your actions and I'll make all rolls, just to keep things the same all around. As I had not said this previously, I see no reason to reroll Dane's actions.

Obviously, Immediate Actions are difficult to do in their proper order in a PbP setting. I see no issue allowing an Immediate Interrupt after damage has been rolled, in order to keep the game moving.[/sblock]

Rurdev strikes at the half-orc as she makes her attack, and slices her across the top of the chest, near the shoulder. The wound is enough to completely take her attack of aim, and the shifter avoids her blows. She takes a short retreat to the end of the stairs.

[sblock=ooc]Rudev hits for 26 vs AC, dealing 10 damage. Rurdev takes 0 damage from her attack.[/sblock]

Sheng smiles in satisfaction, looking at the helpless halfling. "You should finish what you started." he says, patting Hadrak's back, before peeking out of the entrance. Spotting the half orc he decides to deliver some pain to her. With the same viperous moves, Sheng hurls another bolt of corrosive liquid. With the same honed reflexes that she showed earlier she manages to spot it from the corner of her eye. The frilly warrior moves quickly and the acid burns the wall behind her.

She looks quickly toward the sorcerer and takes firm account of the situation.

"Withdraw!"

[sblock=ooc]12 vs Reflex. Miss.[/sblock]

As a flood of memories assault the warrior's mind, he tries to shake away to pain of the past. (takes an additional 5 pod).

Dane attempts to finish off his opponent quickly so that he may aid his companion. He swings across his body recklessly again, leaving his defenses open to his enemy. The fighter only hopes it won't be taken advantage of. In the process though, the enemy dwarf crumples.

After seeing his kin fall unconscious, Dane then moves to M4 and tries to get the fey to his feet.

-------------------------------

Round 3

20 - Qynn - @l4 - -7/29 - Bloodied, +2 to all defenses TENT - Acted
19 - Enemies
Dwarf w/ Crossbow 1 @P4 - X/46 hp
.......... AC 16
Dwarf w/ Crossbow 2 @O6 - Acted
Half-Orc @J4 - 10/62 hp - Cursed, Bloodied, Quarry - Acted
........... AC 19; R 18
Halfling 1 @W7 - X/34 hp
........... Reflex 15, Will 14
Halfling 2 @W12 - -1/34 hp - Unconcious - Acted
........... AC 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
Tiefling @Q6 - Acted
16 - Sheng - @W10 - 15/26 - ACTED
14 - Dane - @M4- 27/42 - ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends) - ACTED
14 - Hadrak - @W11- 36/42
14 - Incarnation - @H6- 42/42
14 - Rurdev - @H5 - 41/41

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Finish her, but leave her alive for questioning. Incarnation's voice was a cold, in contrast to the fire at his core. Hearing the ruckus above, he takes to the stairs. With a twist of his hand, shadows of flame briefly mark the nearest dwarf and then seem to strangle him, seeking his essence.[sblock=Actions]Up to J5. Curse D2, Vampiric Embrace vs D2: +7 vs Will, 2d8+1d6+6 necrotic damage (nonlethal, not to kill) and Incarnation gains 7 temporary hit points if it hits. (He gains 6 if the orc falls, which don't stack).[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (concealed)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 3
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 42/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Vampiric Embrace

Flames of Phlegethos
Warforged Resilience
Burning Gauntlets
Full character sheet[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak moves into the theatre and peers up, seeing fighting on the catwalk. Well, let's see if we can help.

[sblock=Actions]
I move into the theatre; if I can get a LOS and if I am within range 6, I will use Sacred Flame on the Dwarf at P4 on the catwalk. If I can't get a LOS in one move, I will make two move to an acceptable firing location for the next round. I trust you to find me a good spot to shoot.

If it is impossible to shoot on the third floor from the first (i.e. it's more than 6 square in altitude), I will start moving up the stairs instead.

Sacred Flame
+7 vs Ref, Hit: 1d6+7 damage and Dane would get either +2 temp hp or a free save (his choice)
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Finish her, but leave her alive for questioning. Incarnation's voice was a cold, in contrast to the fire at his core. Hearing the ruckus above, he takes to the stairs. With a twist of his hand, shadows of flame briefly mark the nearest dwarf and then seem to strangle him, seeking his essence. THe dwarf sputters, instantly silencing his laughter.

[sblock=ooc]19 vs Will. Hit. 16 damage. You gain 7 temp hp.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hadrak]Because the dwarf is prone and not leaning over the sides you cannot target him from below. You could double move to be in a position to target the tiefling from below. Alternitavely, you could double move and go up the stairs to the walkways with them.[/sblock]

Round 3

20 - Qynn - @l4 - -7/29 - Bloodied, +2 to all defenses TENT - Acted
19 - Enemies
.......... AC 16
Dwarf w/ Crossbow 2 @O6 - -6 hp - Acted
.......... Will 14
Half-Orc @J4 - 10/62 hp - Cursed, Bloodied, Quarry - Acted
........... AC 19; R 18
Halfling 1 @W7 - X/34 hp
Halfling 2 @W12 - -1/34 hp - Unconcious - Acted
........... AC 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
Tiefling @Q6 - Acted
16 - Sheng - @W10 - 15/26 - ACTED
14 - Dane - @M4- 27/42 - ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends) - ACTED
14 - Hadrak - @W11- 36/42 - Pending
14 - Incarnation - @J5- 42/42 +7 thp - ACTED
14 - Rurdev - @H5 - 41/41

Walking Dad

First Post
Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 1

Seeing one foe fall, Qynn moves to the other side of the passage.

[sblock=OOC]
Concluded that enemy 1 is the halfling and down.

Move to Q4 if possible
Prepare to strike any enemy that come into range with Frigid Blade.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 7 / 29 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade
Encounter Powers: Feystep, Chilling Blow
Daily Powers: Sweeping Frostblade

Condition: -
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
After deflecting the attack, Rurdev moves down the stairs after the woman. The shifter knew the half-orc was a deadly adversary, and even though she was female it took all his willpower to fight off the instincts that told him to lower his blades and give her a chance to surrender.

When she called for a retreat, the ranger knew she couldn't get away and he closed in using the flat of his blades to try and knock her out.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move adjacient to the half-orc.
Standard: Twin strike: +7/+8 vs AC; 1d8+1 and 1d8+1 damage. Hunter's Quarry damage 1d6. If I fail to knock her out, then...
Minor: Off-hand strike: +8 vs AC 1d8+5
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Rurdev—Male Longtooth Shifter Two-Weapon Ranger 3
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19 Passive Insight: 14
AC: 17, Fort: 17, Reflex: 16, Will: 15 — Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Resist Force 10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Twin Strike
Hit and Run
Off-Hand Strike
Disruptive Strike
Yield Ground
Longtooth Shifting
Jaws of the Wold
Brooch of Shielding
L4W:pC:Rurdev (EvolutionKB) - ENWiki
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Hadrak moves into the theatre and peers up, seeing fighting on the catwalk. Well, let's see if we can help.

Evaluating the situation, Hadrak determines the only way to get a proper shot is to move up to the enemies level. He quickly makes his way up the stairs.

[sblock=ooc]Double move to W7. That puts you just around the corner so you can easily move into range or melee next round, without suffering penalties from running.[/sblock]

After deflecting the attack, Rurdev moves down the stairs after the woman. The shifter knew the half-orc was a deadly adversary, and even though she was female it took all his willpower to fight off the instincts that told him to lower his blades and give her a chance to surrender.

When she called for a retreat, the ranger knew she couldn't get away and he closed in using the flat of his blades to try and knock her out. Try as he might she kept avoiding his blows like the cornered quarried she was. First a dodge, then a parry, and finally she smacked Rurdev's blade nearly from his hand.

[sblock=ooc]Misses all around. 10 and 11 vs AC on the Twin Strike. 9 vs AC on the off-hand strike.[/sblock]

Seeing one foe fall, Qynn moves to the other side of the passage.

[sblock=ooc]
Move to Q4. Ready Frigid blade.

There were two enemy halflings. Both are now down. Both were on the first floor fighting Hadrak and Sheng.

You are on the third floor. You and Dane were fighting two dwarves and a Tiefling. One dwarf in now down.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sheng]In order to gain line of sight with the half-orc you need to run to V5. I didn't catch that earlier so I'm not going to impose the normal penalties associated with a run.[/sblock]

The remaining enemy dwarf fires again at Dane, but the shot goes wide. He gruffly gets to his feet and loads another bolt.

[sblock=ooc]Dwarf2 misses Dane, 16 vs AC. Stands. Reloads.[/sblock]

Unlike his dwarf ally, the tiefling heeds to the call for escape. He rushes back down the stairs where he came but Hadrak blocks his path. Raising his hands up he trys to blast his way through summoning a dose of hellfire.

[sblock=ooc]Move to U6. 24 vs Reflex. Hit. 9 Fire damage. Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)[/sblock]

The half-orc slides downstage, keeping Rurdev engaged before striking out. She trikes true and deep, but doesnt stay to gloat. She slides carefully back again, before turning fulling and running out into the audience.

[sblock=Rurdev]Something catches your eye and triggers your senses. That is no ordinary blade she wields.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Shift to J5. Attack, 20 vs AC. Hit. 24 damage. Shift to K5. Run to O11.[/sblock]

Round 4

20 - Qynn - @Q4 - 7/29 - Bloodied - Acted
19 - Enemies
.......... AC 16
Dwarf w/ Crossbow 2 @O6 - -6 hp - Acted
.......... Will 14
Half-Orc @O11 - 10/62 hp - Cursed, Bloodied, Quarry - Acted
........... AC 19; R 18
Halfling 1 @W7 - X/34 hp