• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Sneaky tiefling... ''

But Hadrak is more concerned with the safety of his allies than chasing an elusive prey. He steps on the catwalk and sends a bolt of divine light toward the dwarf crossbowman. Some of it washes over Dane to help him fight the fire melting his beard. A quick prayer close his wounds.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: U6 on the catwalk

Standard:
Lance of Faith vs Crossbow dwarf
vs Ref (1d20+7=18, 1d6+7=11)

If I hit, Dane gets a free save (or he could chose +2 temp hp but that'd be a bizarre choice...)

Minor: Healing Word on Dane
Healing Word (1d6+5=7)

He heals 17 hp
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Hadrak and Dane, I think you posted at the same time.

Also, hurray for Fighter marks!
[/sblock]

RETCON!

"We shall see..." mumbles Sheng trying to spot the tiefling.

Rurdev, seeing the half-orc fall, moves up the stairs at double speed.

"Aargh, you are right. I will look for the others.. and thanks!" Qynn says, moving cautiously away toward the warlock warforged.

The dwarf in melee with Dane, shifts quickly back hoping to fire a bolt, but Dane was too engaged. Dane takes the opportunity to get a swing at him. It was not as agile as his previous, but it appears to have struck his unprotected knees. The dwarf buckles and falls to the ground in agony, passing out from the pain before he gets his shot off.

The tiefling looks to his ally, about to shout a word of warning only to watch him fall. He opens up his hand toward Dane, hoping to take him out quickly, and conjures up flames among our now tender hero. They burn sorely and light his beard aflame.

The teifling then grabs hold of the rail, slides underneath and leaps to the stage below.

Sheng raised an eyebrow seeing the tiefling dropped from the plataform, and with a quick movement of his arm, like if he was sapping stones in a lake, he hurls an orb of acid towards the prone infernal. His aim was off though, and the orb skimmed right over the prone caster.

Dane then quickly looks down at the fallen tiefling, contemplates jumping down after him but then realized the less air between his feet the better. He hurries down the stairs after the flame-thrower in attempt to cut off any other mode of escape. Dane tries to put out the fire, but is unable to do so by the time he reaches the base of the stairs.

[sblock=ooc]25 hp, then 5 from ongoing fire.

There is a wall between V8 and V6 on the 1st floor. Im not sure you want to be there.
[/sblock]

Round 5

20 - Qynn - @K4 - 7/29 - Bloodied, +2 to all Defenses TSNT - Acted
19 - Enemies
Dwarf w/ Crossbow 1 @P4 - X/46 hp - Unconscious
.......... AC 16
Dwarf w/ Crossbow 2 @N6 - X/36 hp - Unconscious
.......... AC 16, Will 14
Half-Orc @O11 - X/62 hp - Unconscious
........... AC 19; R 18
Halfling 1 @W7 - X/34 hp
........... Reflex 15, Will 14
Halfling 2 @W12 - -1/34 hp - Unconscious
........... AC 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
Tiefling @U7 - Prone - Acted
16 - Sheng - @U4 - 15/26 - Acted
14 - Dane - @V7- 20/42 - Bloodied, 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) - Acting
14 - Hadrak - @W6- 36/42 - +2 to all defenses TENT - Pending
14 - Incarnation - @J5- 42/42 +7 thp -
14 - Rurdev - @O4 - 17/41 - Bloodied

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, then redirect my attack toward the tiefling, then.

Dane can still use the healing or the free save so that'll stand.

I'll stay on the catwalk. It's a good spot to shoot at anyone and I am not about to get in a foot race anyway.
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
''Sneaky tiefling... ''

But Hadrak is more concerned with the safety of his allies than chasing an elusive prey. He steps on the catwalk and, leaning over the railing, sends a bolt of divine light toward tielfing. Some of it washes over Dane to help him fight the fire melting his beard. A quick prayer close his wounds.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: U6 on the catwalk

Standard:
Lance of Faith vs Tiefling. Hit!
vs Ref (1d20+7=18, 1d6+7=11)

Dane gets a free save or +2 temp hp

Minor: Healing Word on Dane
Healing Word (1d6+5=7)

He heals 17 hp
[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Round 5

19 - Enemies
.......... AC 16
........... AC 19; R 18
Halfling 1 @W7 - X/34 hp
Tiefling @U7 - Prone - -11 hp -Acted
........... Reflex 18
14 - Dane - @V7- 37/42 - 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends), free save or +2 temp hp - Pending
14 - Hadrak - @U6- 36/42 - Acted
14 - Incarnation - @J5- 42/42 +7 thp -
14 - Rurdev - @O4 - 17/41 - Bloodied

Nebten

First Post
Dane gives a big thumbs up to his kin above him. He finally realizes what he needed to do to put out the fire on his beard.

[sblock=Saving Throw]
Saving Throw vs Ongoing Fire (1d20=17) Success. I just realized for the past 3 ST's, I have been rolling d10s instead of d20s. No wonder I'm not making my saves! HAHAHA!!! Man I'm a dork. Game on! [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Moving aside Rurdev, smoky shadow following, Incarnation kept his eye on the fleeing fiend-touched. The dark rod in his hand began to glow dark red and smoke, but the warforged seemed hardly to notice. With a jabbing gesture, the warlock called for a bolt of shadow and flame that bore down on the prone form, attempting to singe it where it stood.[sblock=Actions]Move to N4 (or where he has a good shot). Curse tiefling (closest enemy) then Fiery Bolt: Ref 19, 23 fire damage (28 if it has fire resistance from Surging Flame).[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (concealed)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 3
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 16 — Speed: 6
HP: 42/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 11/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Vampiric Embrace

Flames of Phlegethos
Warforged Resilience
Burning Gauntlets
Full character sheet[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Dane gives a big thumbs up to his kin above him. He finally realizes what he needed to do to put out the fire on his beard.

[sblock=Incarnation]Moving back down to H7 (2nd Floor) is probably the clearest shot you can get in one move. The statues provide cover and he is prone. You're attack won't be good enough to hit with those factored in.

You could double move to try and get closer instead. I will allow this, even though you already rolled, since we're dealing with such a complicated map.

In a double move you could get to S6 (3rd floor), or O4 (1st floor), which puts you in a good position to strike if he moves, and puts you easily within one move he he stays still.[/sblock]

-----------------------------------------------------------

Round 5

19 - Enemies
.......... AC 16
........... AC 19; R 18
Halfling 1 @W7 - X/34 hp
Tiefling @U7 - Prone - -11 hp - Acted
........... Reflex 18
14 - Dane - @V7- 37/42 - Acted
14 - Hadrak - @U6- 36/42 - Acted
14 - Incarnation - @J5- 42/42 +7 thp - Pending
14 - Rurdev - @O4 - 17/41 - Bloodied -

MAPS!

The stage is about 2 1/2 feet above the rest of the ground floor.
The pit in front of the stage is 2 1/2 feet lower than the ground floor. The long hallway that Sheng and Hadrak are emerging from is at a very slight incline. The two statues on stage take up a 10 by 10 space each. The curtains are tall enough to exist on the first and second floors. The second floor is about ten feet above the ground floor.

There is no guard fail on the stairs or between H7 and I7.

Squares with with lights in them do not block line of effect but do provide cover. The walkways have metal railings.

[sblock=1st Floor]
Map1st15.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=2nd Floor]
Map2nd15.png

[/sblock]

[sblock=3rd Floor]
Map3rd15.png

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads