• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: The statue has an immediate action that it uses when an adjacent enemy stands from prone. OA was the wrong terminology. It's that same ability that ends your turn if it hits.

And no, I did not make this ability up. Wotc did.

Nebten

First Post
OOC: Arg! And now my car decides to crap out. Somebody is really peeing in my cornflakes this morning ;). Shouldn't Dane be at 15 hps from Qynn's mark?

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation, not seeing the other cherub, channels his dark energy inward, regaining a measure of his strength. Then, he begins his decent.[sblock=Actions]Second wind + Warforged resolve. Then move downstairs to stage as much as he can.[/sblock][sblock=Incarnation (Filth Fever, Second Wind, Shadow Walk)]Incarnation—Male Warforged Infernal Warlock 4
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 20, Fort: 21, Reflex: 19, Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 27+7/47, Bloodied: 23, Surge: 11, Surges left: 8/11
+2 save vs. ongoing damage
Action Points: 1/3, Second Wind: Used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Hellish Rebuke

Fiery Bolt
Vampiric Embrace

Flames of Phlegethos
Warforged Resilience
Beguiling Word

Full character sheet[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Q+A]Q: Shouldn't Dane be at 15 hps from Qynn's mark?

A: Sadly no. Qynn can only use that ability once a round as it's an immediate action. He used it when the statue attacked you on it's turn. It attacked you again on your turn but that was the same round.

It is now a new round. If he successfully hits you this round, then his Aegis can kick in.[/sblock]

Incarnation, not seeing the other cherub, channels his dark energy inward, regaining a measure of his strength. Then, he begins his decent.

[sblock=Actions]Second wind + Warforged resolve. Then move downstairs to stage as much as he can. **I put you at S8.**[/sblock]

The statue of Mauros, ignores the radiant energy from Hadrak and continue to slam it's orb into Dane. The tough warrior though locks his arms tightly behind his shield and find himself resilient to the attacks.

Hadrak finally falls prey to the strike of the cherub again.

[sblock=ooc]21* vs AC, Miss *Forgot the -2 due to mark.

Again at the end of it's turn. 12 vs Ac, Super miss.

Cherub vs Hadrak. 17 vs Reflex, hit. 8 psychic damage. Dazed (save ends)[/sblock]

------------------------------------------------------

Initiative!

Round 9

17 - Rurdev - @R10, 1st Floor - 27/46 +4 thp - Acted
15 - Qynn - @V10, 1st Floor - 18/35 +4 thp - Acted
13 - Incarnation - @V6, 3rd Floor - 27/47 +7 thp - +2 to all defenses TENT - Acted
9 - Enemies - Acted
Statue of Mauros - @)Q5/R7, 1st/2nd Floor - 107/170 hp - Cursed, Marked
Cherub 1 - @U8, 5 ft up - 31/31 hp -
6 - Hadrak - @U10, 1st Floor - 32/47 hp - +1 to all defenses TENT, dazed (save ends) -
5 - Dane - @S7, 1st Floor - 7/48 hp +4 thp - +2 to all defenses TENT, Bloodied, prone -
1 - Patrons, Guards, and everyone else

Statues: AC 21, R18
Red Mote: AC 16, R 15, W 15
Cherub: R 14

MAPS!

Note: That statues are large and tall. When on the stage, they can be adjacent to creatures on the 2nd floor. They are not adjacent to the 3rd floor.

The blue highlight represent fleeing masses. They are difficult terrain.

The stage is about 2 1/2 feet above the rest of the ground floor. The pit in front of the stage is 2 1/2 feet lower than the ground floor. The long hallway that Sheng and Hadrak are emerging from is at a very slight incline. The two statues on stage take up a 10 by 10 space each. The curtains are tall enough to exist on the first and second floors. The second floor is about ten feet above the ground floor.

There is no guard fail on the stairs or between H7 and I7.

Squares with with lights in them do not block line of effect but do provide cover. The walkways have metal railings.

[sblock=1st Floor]
Final1st21.png
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Feeling slightly nauseous, Hadrak asks Eefaystos for assistance in protecting himself and his allies.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Shield of Faith, everyone within 5 square (including me) gets +2 AC until end of encounter.

Why no do it earlier? We started spread, then most enemies on the map didn't even target AC. Right now the only serious challenge left is Mauros, so there you go.

If I keep Hadrak, I will retrain for Bless. It's less situational.
[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
Oy, dis all mi blood?

Dane turtles under his shield to improve his defenses. He then drops his axe to fumble for a healing potion. He quickly drinks it inbetween deadly blows.

Kill da cherub, save da dwarf.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Total defense +2 all def until starts of next turn.
Minor: Pull Healing potion.
Minor: Drink potion gain 10 hps.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Qynn d'Cealis, Eladrin Swordmage 2

Qynn strides and attacks the cherub, but his sword fails to connect. Hopefully his magic will help to keep the dwarf alive.

[sblock=OOC]

Immediate Interrupt: If Qynn is in 10 sq, prevent 7 dam fromthe first hit of the Mauros statue attacking anyone but Qynn.

Move to V9:
Standard:Frigid Blade (1d20+9=14, 1d8+5=8)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Qynn
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 16
Hit Points: 18 / 35 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 4
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:8 Surges per day: 7 / 10
At-Will Powers: Aegis of Shielding, Sword Burst, Frigid Blade
Encounter Powers: Feystep, Channeling Shield, Chilling Blow