• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advanced Player's Guide questions

Has this book made it to distributors yet? I'd really like to get my hands on it, but my FLGS has said that it isn't with their distributor yet.

The book is in distribution and should be available at distributors worldwide. Perhaps there is a local disruption in supply? If so it should be correctable in a short period.

joe b.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Where possible errata was included in the text of the PDF (things like changing the levels of the paragon powers from 17th to 16th for example) but for larger corrections which would have resulted in changing the entire layout of the book there is a single errata page at the end of the PDF. Hopefully this is compromise in errata presentation is satisfactory for most of our customers.
This is entirely reasonable. Thanks a lot, it's very appreciated. :)

The should be the same size as DDM cards so they fit into the generic card sleeves.

I'd prefer to see cards about the size of standard playing or DDM cards, that could fit down into card sleeves. That makes the cards more durable, and you can put a standard card behind them for extra support. Plus, you could fit more of them onto a page for easier printing with that size!

We've been looking over the powers and have run across a potential snag. Some of the powers and class features may be too big fit on a single card. In that case, should we spread the information out through as many cards as it takes or is there a different method of presentation that would be preferred?

We've never made cards, so feedback is appreciated.

joe b.

Jack99

Adventurer
We've been looking over the powers and have run across a potential snag. Some of the powers and class features may be too big fit on a single card. In that case, should we spread the information out through as many cards as it takes or is there a different method of presentation that would be preferred?

joe b.

From what I have seen, some use a smaller font when the amount of information that needs to be on the card increases.

From what I have seen, some use a smaller font when the amount of information that needs to be on the card increases.

I think this should be possible for almost all of them, but something like the Wildshaper Prayer Hunter's Form (page 50) is over a full column of text, so I don't think it will shrink down enough.

joe b.

Jack99

Adventurer
I think this should be possible for almost all of them, but something like the Wildshaper Prayer Hunter's Form (page 50) is over a full column of text, so I don't think it will shrink down enough.

joe b.

Could it fit on two cards? If so, make like a double-sided card where one side has the stats (Hunter's Form, Wildshaper Class Feature 11th level, Daily, Divine, Polymorph, Standard Action, Personal, along the begining of the effect. Then the other page has the rest of the Effect, along with the Sustain Minor info. If that make any sense.

If you can keep the info down to two cards, people can keep the info together in one plastic card pocket, or whatever those are called.

Small request which I'd love, but I understand if it's not doable:

Could you possibly create some simple textures for the colored bar backgrounds of the powers? For instance, nature at-wills wouldn't just be green, they'd be green with a leaf pattern. Divine at-wills could have an angelic feather texture in the green bar. Etc.

I think WotC really dropped the ball by just having flat bars of color. Some manner of texture would look much more elegant, I believe (and would help you avoid any potential claims of you stealing their 'trade dress').

Like I said, I doubt it's feasible financially, but I'd love if it you did it.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Just want to let everyone know that the errata is now available at Your Games Now.

However, if you've purchased the PDF already just redownload it and the errata is included. Where possible errata was included in the text of the PDF (things like changing the levels of the paragon powers from 17th to 16th for example) but for larger corrections which would have resulted in changing the entire layout of the book there is a single errata page at the end of the PDF. Hopefully this compromise in errata presentation is satisfactory for most of our customers.

joe b.

For what it's worth, this compromise is the reason I'll be buying the AGP PDF come payday rather than Forgotten Heroes.

Gothmog

First Post

joe b.

I'd say if you have to go to smaller font and use multiple cards, it should be fine. Double-sided clear sleeves could house those cards, but I wouldn't use more than 2 sides for a given power or class feature. Actually having to sort and keep track of multiple cards for the same power or feature would be a pain.

Anyway, thanks for listening to XRP's fans Joe- you guys are awesome! I'm eagerly awaiting these APG cards! :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Just want to let everyone know that the errata is now available at Your Games Now.

However, if you've purchased the PDF already just redownload it and the errata is included. Where possible errata was included in the text of the PDF (things like changing the levels of the paragon powers from 17th to 16th for example) but for larger corrections which would have resulted in changing the entire layout of the book there is a single errata page at the end of the PDF. Hopefully this compromise in errata presentation is satisfactory for most of our customers.

joe b.

Is there a way to get the errata without signing up for an account?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads