• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advanced Player's Guide questions

BlU_sKrEEm

First Post
You. Are. Brilliant. We'll get this done and we'll make them color. We'll only be able to do the ones that are entirely new powers, but that's the vast majority of them.

What size cards would you prefer? 3x5 or some other size?

joe b.

Fantastic news! Count me on the buy list. I'm all for the standard DDM size,a nd color is a bonus, but not a requirement as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

Small request which I'd love, but I understand if it's not doable:

Could you possibly create some simple textures for the colored bar backgrounds of the powers? For instance, nature at-wills wouldn't just be green, they'd be green with a leaf pattern. Divine at-wills could have an angelic feather texture in the green bar. Etc.

I think WotC really dropped the ball by just having flat bars of color. Some manner of texture would look much more elegant, I believe (and would help you avoid any potential claims of you stealing their 'trade dress').

Like I said, I doubt it's feasible financially, but I'd love if it you did it.

As templates have been provided by the GSL SRD we'll be using those templates.

joe b.

Deadstop

Explorer
Ari or Joe,

Not a nitpick, just a matter of amused curiosity: Any idea what was the nature of the search-and-replace that transformed every mention of "lava" in the nature priest's Burning Lava power into "lahar"? I've been trying to work out the sort of change that would accidentally transform "va" into "har," and I haven't been able to come up with anything yet.

Last edited:

Ari or Joe,

Not a nitpick, just a matter of amused curiosity: Any idea what was the nature of the search-and-replace that transformed every mention of "lava" in the nature priest's Burning Lava power into "lahar"? I've been trying to work out the sort of change that would accidentally transform "va" into "har," and I haven't been able to come up with anything yet.

I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly with all the "&quot"'s and such, but a lahar is a type of mudflow or landslide composed of pyroclastic material and water that flows down from a volcano. It's a flavor choice I think Ari made to be a bit different than standard lava.

We didn't do any search and replaces when editing APG. Those things are dangerous.

joe b.

catsclaw227

First Post
You can also find errata in the corrections section of our website.
Hi Joe -- I just added the book to my RPGNow cart, along with Plague, which I will then purchase when my account fills back up on Wednesday (good day, lots of PDFs in my cart!)

Will the errata be part of that download, on RPGNow, or is it only uploaded to YourGamesNow users?

Deadstop

Explorer
I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly with all the "&quot"'s and such, but a lahar is a type of mudflow or landslide composed of pyroclastic material and water that flows down from a volcano. It's a flavor choice I think Ari made to be a bit different than standard lava.

Oh. Well, don't I look uneducated.

:eek:

Not sure about the "&quot"s. I posted from my phone, and had to edit a few times to add spacing between paragraphs. I tried to change those codes back to quotation marks, and it looked as though it had worked in the preview, but apparently not.

Thanks,

Deadstop

Hi Joe -- I just added the book to my RPGNow cart, along with Plague, which I will then purchase when my account fills back up on Wednesday (good day, lots of PDFs in my cart!)

Will the errata be part of that download, on RPGNow, or is it only uploaded to YourGamesNow users?

The errata is part of all downloads. The file will also soon be up at Paizo and e23.

joe b.

Last edited:

Oh. Well, don't I look uneducated.

:eek:

Don't worry, it's not like most people ever even hear of lahars unless they live in the valleys of the rivers that have heads near volcanoes or unless one's a nature show buff. Since I know where Ari lives, I suspect it's the latter for him. Not a lot of volcanoes in Texas. :)

joe b.

Remove ads