[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Torqua]There seems to be psychic a connection between the boy and rock, but also the dog and the rock. The latter seems stronger somehow. A ritual might sever the tie, but its not exactly your expertise (Dungeoneering would be good here).[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lhavarr cringes and his shoulders sag as the affliction overcomes him. A cloud seemed to settle over his thoughts. When trying to move the boy out, a problem is encountered. Some sort of malady linked them together. In a strange bout of coincidence, the blight that covered his thoughts gave him some insight of what to do.

[sblock=ooc]dungeoneering (1d20+3=21)[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"The Damned Rock has got some sort of psychic link with the kid and the dog!" Torqua explains. "If we destroy the stone, it might kill them both, but we might be able to cut the link with some sort of ritual, but I got no idea what sort we ne-."

Suddenly, Torqua snaps her fingers as the idea hits her. "Mordin!
That guy we met before! I bet he would know what kind of ritual we need!"

OOC: Dungeoneering Check = 13
1d20+1=13

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver

Himself not sure what to do, Vimak waits, weapon ready, for the insight of the others.

[sblock=ooc]

Arcana, Dungeoneering (1d20+2=14, 1d20+4=12)

If the discussion continues to 5 full minutes, I will use this rest to regain my encounter powers.

---

Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 15 Insight: 19 Normal Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 18
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 42 / 44 Bloodied: 22
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 6 / 10
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding, Lightning Damage
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 0/2, Stone’s Endurance, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Deny CA Bonus, Extra Lightning Damage.

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Lhavarr]The stone is a fragment similar to others you've heard. They taint all of those around them physically and mentally. Almost as if they had a malign intelligence of their own. It is probably feeding off of the boy and/or dog. A ritual would be needed to sever it properly. Smashing it would be... unfortunate.

You think you have enough basic knowledge to bodge up a ritual. No guarantees. [Skill Challenge][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
"We don't have time to find that other group we encountered. They didn't seem all that friendly anyway. Who knows what they would want in return?"

The half-elf brushes his hair from his eyes and sheathes his blade. "The stone is almost alive, I can feel it like a cloud over my mind. It seems to be feeding on the boy and the dog. I think we can cobble together a ritual to rid this area of it's taint."

[sblock=ooc]Everybody up for a skill challenge?[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua let out a long and heavy sigh. With little experience in preforming rituals, the pressure of the task bared down on the fat sorceress with such weight, it almost match her own. But the Bard was right, time was running out as the boy grew weaker and they didn't even know if the other group was still in the sewers.

"Okay, Lhavarr, you seem to have an idea of what to do. Where do we start?"

Remove ads