• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=wik]Sounds reasonable. Everyone else has moved this turn, so take your time, look their moves over. I'm about to go to bed, so I won't have time to post a reaction until tomorrow afternoon anyway.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I'm kinda holding back right now, to see what my companions do, before committing Abi to her actions. I kind of want to get into combat advantage.... or maybe I'll just beat this mercenary into submission using my mad skills. ;)

[sblock=OOC]AFAIK, everyone but you has gone already this round, so... don't hold back on our account! Edit: Ninja'd![/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Looks like I'm a little bit behind on the party! My bad!

Azuras turns into a ball of flame, causing Abigail's face to darken. "That was a mistake...." she mutters, and then pushes the mercenary in front of her out of the way.

Abigail jumps onto the fish and then takes a step onto the landing. Catching her breath, she then spins in a whirlwind, her blade whistling through the air. Unfortunately, the mercenary is able to step out of the blade's way, while the blade whistles cleanly over the heads of the goblin and archer. As the archer backs away, Abigail stares him down.

"You're mine, little man."

[sblock=actions]
First off, if Abby gets hit from the OA from moving, she'll invoke the temporary hit points to offset some of the damage. Otherwise...
First action: Second Wind, gaining the +2 bonus to all defences.
Action #2: Move to B17 and then B18, taking the OA from the mercenary. She passes her Athletics check.
Abigail's Athletics Check when stepping into the fish (1d20+8=24)
Action #3: Action point to take a Standard Action. Sword Burst, a close burst 1 attack.
Attack vs. M1; G2, and A1, in that order:
Attack rolls (vs. Reflex) on M1, G2, and A1.... 1d6+4 force damage on each. (1d20+4=14, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+4=6, 1d6+4=6) (Gah! Missed them all!)
Action #4: Minor action to mark A1. [/sblock]

[sblock=Taran]
Could you move up behind that Mercenary, so I can get into flanking and use my sneak attack? Unless you have something super fiendish planned.[/sblock]

[sblock=Abigail]Female Human Assault Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:24/27, Bloodied:13, Surges:8/9 (Value 8)
Special: Surge value drops to 6 if Azuras is "dead"
Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Available
Powers:
Greenflame Blade, Sword Burst, Luring Strike, Aegis of Assault, Flame Cyclone, Sneak Attack, Burning Blade

Opportunity Attacks: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage

Azuras: Dragonling Companion (inactive)
Azuras has all the same defenses as Abigail when active, and has 1 hit point. Azuras is healed on a short rest, and can only be targeted when active - he is immune to attacks whilst passive.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Eternal54

First Post
As Abigail steps by him, the mercenary swings at her, but she is too fast for him.

[sblock=OA] OA vs. Abigail (1d20+10=14)

I'll post the basic attacks for the opponents in the next update, so you can roll your own OAs from here on out.[/sblock]

[sblock=OAs]
would we have to roll the OAs against us or would you still be willing to do it if we request it? I don't think i would want to roll my OAs against me, would throw off my roll percentages, at least in my mind.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OAs]
would we have to roll the OAs against us or would you still be willing to do it if we request it? I don't think i would want to roll my OAs against me, would throw off my roll percentages, at least in my mind.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OAs]Roll percentages?[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=OAs]
Personally, I dunno about that - especially for Abi. After all, if Iron Sky rolls for an OA against himself and that opponent is marked by Abi, it means my mark goes off and I get to be awesome... and not all bad guys will take that OA if they know they're marked. Ditto for Eraden. I mean, I'm all for the bad guy marked by yours truly to not attack me... but it'd be kind of biased for me to make that decision....[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OAs]I think the assumption is that if the enemy has a chance to make an OA, they will, just for the sake of expediency. I don't think we have any decision making to do, just "I move/make a ranged/area attack so this guy rolls an OA and <hits/misses> and I continue with my turn."

That way we don't have to wait for the DM to reply every time we provoke an OA. Pretty much every one of adventure threads I've skimmed through here uses the "Players roll enemy OAs" system.[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
[sblock=OAs]I think the assumption is that if the enemy has a chance to make an OA, they will, just for the sake of expediency. I don't think we have any decision making to do, just "I move/make a ranged/area attack so this guy rolls an OA and <hits/misses> and I continue with my turn."

That way we don't have to wait for the DM to reply every time we provoke an OA. Pretty much every one of adventure threads I've skimmed through here uses the "Players roll enemy OAs" system.[/sblock]

[sblock=OAs]Agreed. Players rolling OAs is the best way to keep the turns moving expediently. The only thing people need to be aware of is if the opponent has already made an OA that round.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
[sblock=oas]
Cool. So Abigail will provoke OAs so Eraden's mark goes off, and Eraden will provoke OAs so Abi's mark goes off! Sweet!
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads