• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Fish Story (DM: BenBrown; Judge: renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=double move--judge ruling wanted]yes, you add your moves together before dividing by two for crawling. However, I'm not sure if you can run while crawling. Seems kind of counter-intuitive, but the names of things in D&D aren't always the things themselves.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Double Move]Run: Move action
*Speed + 2: Move up to your speed + 2. For example, if your speed is normally 6, you can move up to 8 squares when you run.
*-5 penalty to attack roles, grant combat advantage, provoke opportunity attacks
(PHB 291)

Crawl: Move Action
*Movement: Move up to half your speed.
*Must be prone, provoke opportunity attacks
(PHB pg 289)

Not very intuitive descriptively(army crawling like a mofo I guess), but makes sense to me mechanically. Run makes speed = speed + 2. Crawl halves speed. Penalties for both apply...[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=double move. beast]
Here's where I wish I actually owned Martial Powers: when you charge, can your beast move too? I'm assuming not. Makes it slightly unhandy trying to keep your pet with you otherwise...

If I read this correctly, you use an X action to command your beast to do an equivalent action. When you use a Move Action to command your beast, both of you can move, but when you use a Standard Action to command your beast, only the beast can attack.

Not very intuitive descriptively(army crawling like a mofo I guess), but makes sense to me mechanically. Run makes speed = speed + 2. Crawl halves speed. Penalties for both apply...

The description for a double move mentions that you can double run, double crawl, or double shift. Since the descriptions for run and crawl don't mention one another, I'm inclined to say you can't, especially since Run and Crawl are listed as seperate types of move actions.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Rules stuff]If I read this correctly, you use an X action to command your beast to do an equivalent action. When you use a Move Action to command your beast, both of you can move, but when you use a Standard Action to command your beast, only the beast can attack.

The description for a double move mentions that you can double run, double crawl, or double shift. Since the descriptions for run and crawl don't mention one another, I'm inclined to say you can't, especially since Run and Crawl are listed as seperate types of move actions.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules stuff]That's pretty much what I see with Beast, was just hoping :). I see that for the move stuff too, so I guess I was wrong about the run + crawl thing...[/sblock]

auberon

First Post
[sblock=strategy] Taran, consider using Teleketic Leap on Eradan. Getting him into the fight would make a big difference now.

Wik, Mercenary 1 is at -4 to hit thanks to Witchfire, so he's less likely to hit you now if you want to advance.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
The bolt flies towards Abigail, but turns to flame before striking her, so that only a small piece of slag metal and burning wood strikes the swordswoman. Still a little marked by the attack, Abigail growls in disaproval.

When she looks up, though, she sees a large mass of people. Abigail and Azuras look at each other, each with a sly, weasel-like gleam in their eyes. The dragonling takes to the air flies over the fish pile before hovering in place. He then lets loose a belch of fire that threatens to engulf the attackers.

After the dismal attempt, Abigail shakes her head and gets into a defensive posture.

[sblock=actions]Minor to turn Azuras into active mode. Move action to move Azuras to E17. Standard action to have Azuras use the Flame Cyclone Power. Attack is a close blast 3, that will target G1, A2, ML, M2, and MW. Not sure if A2 gets cover, but I don't think he does (Azuras is, after all, flying overhead and shooting down.

Flame Cyclone Attack on G1 (1d20+4=6)
Flame Cyclone Attack vs. Reflex on A2 (1d20+4=13)
Flame Cyclone Attack vs. Reflex on ML (1d20+4=5)
Flame Cyclone Attack vs. Reflex on M2 (1d20+4=21)
Flame Cyclone vs. Reflex on MW (1d20+4=7)
Flame Cyclone Damage, encounter 1, round 1. Fire Damage. (1d8+7=13)

(Note: I doubt she hit many, but those she hit will take 13 fire damage! Which ain't bad!)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Azuras]Azuras is flying above the attackers, so can only really be hit by ranged attacks. He has 1 hp, and the same defences as Abigail. One hit will "kill" him.[/sblock]

[sblock=healing]I think Eraden needs healing next round, but Abby could use some temp HP when a moment is clear.[/sblock]

[sblock=Abigail]Female Human Assault Swordmage 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:18/27, Bloodied:13, Surges:9/9 (Value 8)
Special: Surge value drops to 6 if Azuras is "dead"
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Available
Powers:
Greenflame Blade, Sword Burst, Luring Strike, Aegis of Assault, Flame Cyclone, Sneak Attack, Burning Blade

Opportunity Attacks: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage

Azuras: Dragonling Companion (active)
Azuras has all the same defenses as Abigail when active, and has 1 hit point. Azuras is healed on a short rest, and can only be targeted when active - he is immune to attacks whilst passive.
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm off to tabletop gaming for the rest of the day.
Talks-to-the-Moon still needs to move.
Is it safe to assume that Eraden's action will be to crawl forward as far as he can? (5 squares to G12).
[/sblock]

taran

First Post
Talks-to-the-Moon hisses as yet another crossbow bolt bites her. "Just like old times, hrai?" She charges toward Abagail, spraying her with what's left of her mok'korrom.
[sblock=Eraden and Judges]You can end the bonus (and gain the temp hp) as a free action, at utterly any time. I believe this means you can use it after you've been hit but before you've been dealt damage, though an official ruling on this point would be very welcome.[/sblock][sblock=Benbrown]I think the archer minion's attack missed me; I have cover from the crate so my AC is 19.[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Move: to A10.
Standard: Telekinetic Leap Eraden to G11, or somewhere else within 5 squares if he prefers.
Minor: Resistive Infusion to Abagail. +1 power to AC, redeemable for 10 temp hp/[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats] Talks-to-the-Moon - Githyanki Artificer 1
Initiative +3 Passive perception 15 Passive Insight 10
AC 17 For 14 Ref 15 Will 12
HP 20/29 Bloodied 14 Surge value 7 Surges/day 9/9
Speed 6 squares Languages Common, Deep Speech
AP 1 Magic Items Uses 1
Dagger +3 (1d4)
Dagger +4 (1d4)
Powers: Magic Weapon, Static Shock
Scouring Weapon
Telekinetic Leap, Second Wind
Arcane Empowerment 1 of 1, Icebound Sigil
Healing Infusion 0 of 2[/sblock]

Eternal54

First Post
[sblock=Redone-actions]
Ok, since crawl-running is ruled out I will first be pushed by Speakers Tele Leap then crawl foward 5 spaces, leaving me at G16(if that is as far as I can move). Then I use Lay on hand on myself as a minor.

I'm going to dinner now but I will post mini stats when i get back.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Eraden-Male Half-Elf Paladin
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20, For: 12, Ref: 13, Will: 16
HP: 24/28, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges/Day: 11/11
Speed: 5 Squares, Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused
Powers: Lay on Hands 1/2, Divine Challange, Bolstering Stike, Enfeebling strike, Channel Divinity: Devine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Shielding Smite, Eyebite, Radiant Delirium
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads